TV MUCHO

jonesthepost

18 hours ago, 01322521959 said:

With all the probs over the last week I tried TeatimeTV, their interface is so much more friendly, call me daft, but as they allowed me to try them free for a week I'm going to pay for a month. 

The only problem I have with Teatime is the cost. If it was the same price as Mucho I would switch.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, KittenKong said:

The only problem I have with Teatime is the cost. If it was the same price as Mucho I would switch.

Yes. D day today. As Mucho was giving trouble this week I was using Teatime, even the name makes me want to change. Think I'll have it for a month ..

On 1/24/2019 at 6:03 AM, 01322521959 said:

With all the probs over the last week I tried TeatimeTV, their interface is so much more friendly, call me daft, but as they allowed me to try them free for a week I'm going to pay for a month. 

i'm going to do the same, i'm fed up with the rubbish design of tvmucho. i'm happy to pay a bit more for something that is easy to use - and for a provider that takes their user/customer experience into account.

tvmucho ignores their customer feedback at their peril.

Hi All,

I signed up to tvmucho today after seeing it rated & having tested & found it OK but within 30mins or so of paying I find all channels no longer work on my desktop or laptop using win 10 & 3BB. Have I been conned or is there a logical explanation?

Amelia (TVMucho)

Jan 29, 2:35 PM GMT

Dear Sir/Madam.

Thank you for contacting us.

I am sorry to know you are encountering issues in using our service.

We are currently experiencing some issues in our European datacenters. We are working hard to resolve this. We will be back shortly. We apologize for the inconvenience

Kind regards, 
Amelia ~ Customer Support Manager
TVMucho.com "TV-ing abroad"

• 2 months later...

Between the completely unusable interface and the massive buffering I stopped using it a couple of weeks ago and now use the various official catch-up services via VPN exclusively. No buffering at all and it's easy to select the programmes I want to watch.

TVMucho is simply a disaster and I will not be renewing it.

1 hour ago, KittenKong said:

Between the completely unusable interface and the massive buffering I stopped using it a couple of weeks ago and now use the various official catch-up services via VPN exclusively. No buffering at all and it's easy to select the programmes I want to watch.

Strange I am having no problems apart from with ITV 4 racing on playback nd thats a  crap show any way  

23 hours ago, KittenKong said:

That is ludicrous. It works perfectly and I have used it since outset. It does exactly what it says on the tin no idea why you would have written that

7 minutes ago, Chivas said:

That is ludicrous. It works perfectly and I have used it since outset. It does exactly what it says on the tin no idea why you would have written that

I agree, no problems whatsoever with TV Mucho, it works like a dream and for only 48 euros a year.

8 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Because it is true. The interface just gets worse and worse every time they modify it. I have never seen such a badly designed layout.

Currently it doesnt work at all for me (I just get the spinning squares) but that has happened before and it might be solved by emptying my browser cache. But given how awful it is to use I just cant be bothered.

It's working fine for me on my PC (using the App) and the interface is ok once you get used to it.

The App on Android tablet isn't too bad and it will cast to a Chromecast for big screen viewing.

For the money one really cannot go far wrong.

I gave up trying to get it working reliably on my Android TV and Android TV Box.

7 minutes ago, Crossy said:

It's working fine for me on my PC (using the App) and the interface is ok once you get used to it.

The App on Android tablet isn't too bad and it will cast to a Chromecast for big screen viewing.

For the money one really cannot go far wrong.

I gave up trying to get it working reliably on my Android TV and Android TV Box.

I don't understand Crossy, you say that you gave up trying to get it to work on your Android TV and Android Box, I have it on both and it works superb, could not be any better.

Slight update: I have it on my Android Tablet and my STB.

3 minutes ago, vogie said:

I don't understand Crossy, you say that you gave up trying to get it to work on your Android TV and Android Box, I have it on both and it works superb, could not be any better.

Yeah, it's weird, works fine on PC and on my phone and tablet (neither is particularly new), useless on the (admittedly old) Android box and the (not old) Android TV.

I've not tried if for a few months so maybe the newer version is better, but I have a solution (TV has Chromecast built in) so no real issues.

11 hours ago, Crossy said:

the interface is ok once you get used to it.

I cant agree with that. It may just about be usable on a PC with a mouse but it is hopeless on a big screen with an air mouse.

Even on a PC screen to find a programme in the guide requires endless flicking of screens from side to side and up and down, and changing dates, and every minute or two the entire thing resets itself just to annoy you. I find that life is just too short for this.

It really would be childishly simple to make a sensible and easy interface: all it needs is to have one page for each channel with the entire 7 days of catch-up programmes for that channel in a list going from top to bottom. Scroll down to see earlier programmes. No need to show future programmes at all as there is nothing to be learned from them. Click on any programme to reveal details and a small image. Click again to play the programme.

Setting the interface to "force layout for mobile devices" nearly achieves this, except that the dates are hidden unless the browser window size is forced, and only one day's programmes are ever displayed. Also the scrolling is completely broken in that mode in a large browser window.

They should consider employing someone who has got beyond CSS lesson 1. Whoever is doing it at the moment really doesnt have a clue.

10 hours ago, KittenKong said:

TV MUCHO  is great easy to use and find shows on play back, just go to search first  3 letters and there you go so whats hard about that   

They should consider employing someone who has got beyond CSS lesson 1. Whoever is doing it at the moment really doesnt have a clue.

I dont want to search for programmes because I dont necessarily know what programme I want to watch. Also a search can sometimes return dozens of results from which I then have to pick the one I want without being able to see the details of it.
I want to just see a text list of all programmes on a particular channel going back several days, without at the same time having to look at details of programmes on other channels that I'm not interested in.

What's so hard about that?

30 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

I dont want to search for programmes because I dont necessarily know what programme I want to watch. Also a search can sometimes return dozens of results from which I then have to pick the one I want without being able to see the details of it.
I want to just see a text list of all programmes on a particular channel going back several days, without at the same time having to look at details of programmes on other channels that I'm not interested in.

I use (and always have done) https://tv24.co.uk for all my programme searching, you can find a weeks previous programmes, as well as the following 7 days programmes.

When I find one I want to watch, I simply go back to TV Mucho, find the programme, either using the 'guide' or 'search' facility, and there I have it. All for the bargain sum of 48 Euros for the year.

4 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

use (and always have done) https://tv24.co.uk for all my programme searching, you can find a weeks previous programmes, as well as the following 7 days programmes.

When I find one I want to watch, I simply go back to TV Mucho, find the programme, either using the 'guide' or 'search' facility, and there I have it.

Well of course. I could buy a copy of Radio Times also. But to have to use two sources is unnecessarily tedious. The TVMucho interface could do exactly the same thing if it was designed properly. All the information is available in TVMucho but it is completely inaccessible due to appalling design. That annoys me.

14 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

I use (and always have done) https://tv24.co.uk

That site isnt bad at all. It shows the entire day's programmes for each channel and the display can be resized to suit a large TV screen. In those two respects it beats every other listing provider I have ever seen, including the TVMucho listings.

Now why cant TVMucho make their listings look like that?

• 4 weeks later...

I've been getting a lot of buffering of late on multiple platforms, (CAT in north Pattaya) 3G AIS is fine, as is AIS in Bangkok. I went back to CAT and they say nothing is wrong. I went to TVMUCHO and they say nothing is wrong. Anyone else experiencing issues?

On 4/28/2019 at 8:05 AM, KittenKong said:

Well of course. I could buy a copy of Radio Times also. But to have to use two sources is unnecessarily tedious. The TVMucho interface could do exactly the same thing if it was designed properly. All the information is available in TVMucho but it is completely inaccessible due to appalling design. That annoys me.

Where from in Jomtiem?

28 minutes ago, sungod said:

I've been getting a lot of buffering of late on multiple platforms, (CAT in north Pattaya) 3G AIS is fine, as is AIS in Bangkok. I went back to CAT and they say nothing is wrong. I went to TVMUCHO and they say nothing is wrong. Anyone else experiencing issues?

Are you wathcing live or catch-up? 

I've had no issues with catch-up (it has a big buffer) but live, which I rarely use, has been iffy on occasion.

Oddly enough, it works better with the VPN (to Singapore) on ????

6 minutes ago, Crossy said:

I've had no issues with catch-up (it has a big buffer) but live, which I rarely use, has been iffy on occasion.

Mine works fine for about 95% of the time, it doesn't really buffer, but as I said previously sometimes the colours might merge when watching snooker etc and this might happen at about 4 in the evening.

But will try my vpn next time it happens.

17 hours ago, Crossy said:

Catch up especially, main reason I have it. 

Thought about a VPN, but then I just may upgrade to a different TV provider with the increase of cost.

Ta

• 1 month later...

If you go into settings and tick the option "force layout for mobile devices" you get an interface that is much easier to use on a PC than the regular PC interface is. It seems to be impossible to view programme lists in the guide in the regular interface without pulling the page from side to side, which is very tedious to do with a mouse and even worse with an air-mouse.

The mobile layout when used on a PC shows all the programmes from one channel on one day in a long list with no clutter, which is what I want. Sadly they didnt bother to test the CSS and that layout does not work properly on Firefox so you have to use Chrome.

Archived