BANGKOK 19 July 2019 17:16

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Retirement dreams on Chiang Mai "Hi-So Hill" shattered as foreigner pensioners conned into buying forestry land

On 9/29/2017 at 4:20 PM, madusa said:

The poor housemaid probably eating only handful of sticky rice with some chili and dried fish, completely lacking in minerals , vitamins and protein. Some of them probably have some parasitic worms in their intestine that suck  up whatever nutrients that happen to be there.

They don't look healthy to me though I am not a doctor. I think you get a pretty good picture now don't you?

The spices Thais eat, particularly chili, are strong enough to fell a buffalo. I doubt parasitic worms stand much of a chance.

IMHO the Thai diet is probably healthier than the lashings of fat, carbohydrates and excessive protein to be found in many Western countries. Thais are normally slim. The obese ones are the result of too much KFC, Pizza Hut and McDonalds.

13 hours ago, bazza73 said:

The spices Thais eat, particularly chili, are strong enough to fell a buffalo. I doubt parasitic worms stand much of a chance.

IMHO the Thai diet is probably healthier than the lashings of fat, carbohydrates and excessive protein to be found in many Western countries. Thais are normally slim. The obese ones are the result of too much KFC, Pizza Hut and McDonalds.

Off Topic

Parasites are very common in Thais, liver flukes from eating Pla Ra (rotting fish sauce) or other uncooked freshwater fish/crabs in their Som Tam are widespread. The resulting liver cancer is one of the highest causes of death in rural areas.

6 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Off Topic

Parasites are very common in Thais, liver flukes from eating Pla Ra (rotting fish sauce) or other uncooked freshwater fish/crabs in their Som Tam are widespread. The resulting liver cancer is one of the highest causes of death in rural areas.

Why do they still keep eating them even after the government inform them of the cancer problem. 

When I see those little crabs crashed in the pounding stone ware to make Som Tam I lost my appetite. Those little crabs all over the feces in the small river especially at low tide.

On 9/25/2017 at 1:53 PM, sfokevin said:

Kudos to the crack detectives at the Forestry Dept for getting on this before it got out of hand!.. :coffee1:

DD1DF615-8D1F-4BCF-B019-D3169912BEC4.jpeg

Land's officers new homes?