BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Retirement dreams on Chiang Mai "Hi-So Hill" shattered as foreigner pensioners conned into buying forestry land

4 minutes ago, sfokevin said:

Kudos to the crack detectives at the Foerestry Dept for getting on this before it got out of hand!.. :coffee1:

DD1DF615-8D1F-4BCF-B019-D3169912BEC4.jpeg

Are you serious or is this a joke?

How can someone believe anything so blindly.. it says they have been "swindled by Thai online"" does that mean they transferred money online??? Didn't they meet anyone before buying property and verify the person documents??? Most of the time greed is the cause of a lot of worries ... anyways sorry for the oldies 

We were at a nearby resort having lunch when the helicoptor came in maybe taking this photogragh.

The work had been going on for months, maybe years, but nobody suggested before it got to this stage it was illegal.

Somone had very deep pockets to build this or were on a promise.

There is always two sides to a story. My wife has been following this on television as well. It seems only the complainers have been heard from. It could be wise to wait for the end of this unfortunate saga before deciding who did what to who. In the meanwhile .....Caveat Emptor.

1 hour ago, DavoTheGun said:

I totally agree, but the Problem is, how can you do Due Diligence if most of the lawyers are corrupt as well.

Hmm, I don't know why I need to spell this out.. but,

All of this comes down to due diligence, bring in outside people, check with main government (not local) etc.. common sense really. 

totster :)

28 minutes ago, gamini said:

Unfortunately it is often Farangs themselves who set up the scams. Retirees trust them because they believe they are more reliable than Thais.

No, Thais usually set it up and own it themselves, but partner up with a farang or get a Farang as a front man/shiller in their scam. I assume all of the victims did know about ownership "problems" in Thailand. The scam was set up to get them around that. Just another day, you are lucky it's not you. Time to grab a Leo and celebrate.

3 hours ago, hgma said:

names, companies, developers and agents?

Do you have a request for a defamation suit? These guys are well connected and would even sell you their grandma's dentures for a reasonable price.

3 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Som Nam Nar !!!!!!!!!

My taughts exactly !!!..Som nam na...

Renting and leasing is the only way to Go in Amazing Thailand. Also I would never consider buying a Condo!.I've been
here 15 years and very happy!
You could have bought it by now reaching the magic 15 years

4 hours ago, trogers said:

Foxes got conned?

They know they cannot own land in Thailand but tried ways to go around that hurdle. So, who have the last laugh?

My idea of paradise wasn't coming here and continuing my capitalist ways. I don't want to own anything in Thailand and everything I now have,  including my wife and dog,  is for sale (excluding the gold fish. I pity them because non mammals and they are dumb as rocks) 

48 minutes ago, Jasonron said:

How can someone believe anything so blindly.. it says they have been "swindled by Thai online"" does that mean they transferred money online??? Didn't they meet anyone before buying property and verify the person documents??? Most of the time greed is the cause of a lot of worries ... anyways sorry for the oldies 

So another campaign:        “Good Thai IN? Bad Thai OUT?"

3 hours ago, trogers said:

Then the article misled us. It would be Thais who got conned, not Foreigners!

When you gifted away your life savings, the money is not yours anymore.

You spout nonsense!