Who pays? practical issues when riding a company motorcycle

WonnabeBiker

When I got the motor scooter, the gas tank was empty. Now it's raining hard and I am told to buy rain gear (my rain coat won't suffice as the pants would be soaking wet within minutes. And I've got to ride about 43 km a day...)

Who pays? 

My colleague says she never was reimbursed for the gas. And while new rain pants won't break the bank, it's part of the company's arrangement. Or it should.

There have been instances when I had to stay at hotels, too. So far, I've been advancing the money. But I dislike these issues and do expect to get reimbursed at some point in future.

What is your take? 

Couldn't tell you.  My company's policy is that they won't allow us to ride scooters, even on our own time.  Way too crazy dangerous.

But more details may find others with advice.  For example, what kind of company and what is the business purpose of riding the scooter?

So, they give you a scooter. I guess that´s a good thing. It doesn´t sound like you bought it anyway, because in that case you would not ask the following questions.

You want to use the scooter. It´s up to you to fill it up. Your alternative is local transportation if available, or walk. Why would the school pay for that?

If you want to ride a scooter while raining, you will need to have rain clothes. Otherwise your uniform will be wet and useless for teaching. You buy the rain clothes off course.

Be happy that you got a scooter, and stop complaining about things everybody naturally have to pay.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2017 at 11:39 AM, WonnabeBiker said:

When I got the motor scooter, the gas tank was empty. Now it's raining hard and I am told to buy rain gear (my rain coat won't suffice as the pants would be soaking wet within minutes. And I've got to ride about 43 km a day...)

Who pays? 

My colleague says she never was reimbursed for the gas. And while new rain pants won't break the bank, it's part of the company's arrangement. Or it should.

There have been instances when I had to stay at hotels, too. So far, I've been advancing the money. But I dislike these issues and do expect to get reimbursed at some point in future.

What is your take? 

No idea what your raincoat story has to do with the scooter. I've never heard that a school pays for gasoline that your Eminenz needs to get to work.

P.S. Become a real biker !!

On 9/25/2017 at 11:39 AM, WonnabeBiker said:

Who pays? 

What is your take? 

Surely your post is a wind up !!

You cannot be serious asking who pays for fuel in a motorbike that you are using.

I have read many crazy posts, but this 1 stands out as the craziest 1 yet.

I don't know that it's a wind up.   I took care of many schools in one system, and they were in several different provinces.   I had to use my own car.   The school paid for fuel, but no other costs.   I know one person who was provided with a vehicle, but no provision for fuel.  

Archived