Used Golf Club sets

JAFO

On 10/6/2017 at 4:51 AM, bazza73 said:

Hi JAFO. Hope you acquire the same addiction I have had for 60 years. I also hope those Callaways are legit. They are the number one among Chinese forgeries. Not that it will be important when you are just starting.

Slow back and keep your eye on the ball.

Thanks Bazza. It will be a past time deal. I have numerous other hobbies but thought it would be a fun one to burn a good part of a day and have some fun. 

The clubs could be forgeries, I wouldn't know. Looked clean and well taken care of. The price was right with clubs, bag, few balls, T's and markers.  I guess if the heads do not fly off and the composite shafts don't break, then all good. :smile:.

2 hours ago, JAFO said:

Thanks Bazza. It will be a past time deal. I have numerous other hobbies but thought it would be a fun one to burn a good part of a day and have some fun. 

The clubs could be forgeries, I wouldn't know. Looked clean and well taken care of. The price was right with clubs, bag, few balls, T's and markers.  I guess if the heads do not fly off and the composite shafts don't break, then all good. :smile:.

They won't break or do anything drastic. It's more that if they are forgeries, the distance will be less than the genuine article. Probably not enough for you to notice until you get to a single-figure handicap.

There was an embarrassing situation some years ago at a charity auction. Guy bid $3200 on a set of Callaways, tried to onsell them to the guy I worked for. He spotted them as forgeries. I understand the auction organisers refunded the money.

If you are anywhere near Chiang Rai, I recommend a round at Santiburi. Not cheap, but probably the best course in Northern Thailand.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a used set of Callaways for peanuts a few years back in Chinatown.  So cheap that I was pretty sure they were counterfeits.  Until I re-gripped them and found the Callaway inventory stickers on the shafts under the original grips.  I can't imagine a Chinese clone factory bothering with inventory stickers that nobody would ever see.