BANGKOK 21 March 2019 06:54

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Couple agrees to remove Buddha images from fence at their Chiang Mai house

On 10/3/2017 at 8:51 PM, LolaS said:

you dont accept religion, you follow it.

Unfortunately this in thailand what we have as Buddhism is just a deviation and mixture of local and Hindu culture. 

What you have in Thailand is a complete perversion of Buddhism. Doesn't matter what they want to call it, it's as distorted as Christianity.

5 hours ago, dcnx said:

What you have in Thailand is a complete perversion of Buddhism. Doesn't matter what they want to call it, it's as distorted as Christianity.

Please let me know where I can find true Buddhism.

4 minutes ago, bermannor said:

Are you looking for truth or for buddhism?

Truth you can search for anywhere anytime.

For original buddhism you need to go back 2500 years, and don't even rely on the earliest scriptures - the thoughts of buddha were written down 400 years after buddha died, so they are surely very distorted.

And what is all this obsession about? Why would it matter what buddha or any other philosopher or self proclamed prophet exactly said? They may have had brilliant ideas, but they were only humans and therefore not infallible.

3 hours ago, bermannor said:

3 hours ago, oldhippy said:

Are you looking for truth or for buddhism?

Truth you can search for anywhere anytime.

For original buddhism you need to go back 2500 years, and don't even rely on the earliest scriptures - the thoughts of buddha were written down 400 years after buddha died, so they are surely very distorted.

And what is all this obsession about? Why would it matter what buddha or any other philosopher or self proclamed prophet exactly said? They may have had brilliant ideas, but they were only humans and therefore not infallible.

When I write true than I mean true and it was a question in response to the posting of dcnx.

Why do you think there are so many Buddhist philosophies or religions? It certainly seems that it doesn't matter for you but for how many peoples, believers, it really matters?

On 10/6/2017 at 7:54 PM, dcnx said:

yes, you are right, I agree with you, 

unfortunately, ppl here like to quote wikipedia, instead sticking with reality.

2 hours ago, LolaS said:

yes, you are right, I agree with you, 

unfortunately, ppl here like to quote wikipedia, instead sticking with reality.

And what is your reality?

14 hours ago, bermannor said:

And what is your reality?

read dcnx comment, can you see?

2 hours ago, LolaS said:

read dcnx comment, can you see?

You should have seen (read) that I quoted donx. So, do you agree that it might have been possible that I have read and understood his postings? Unfortunately, I can't find facts in it, just assumptions, same as your 0.3% statement.

2 hours ago, bermannor said:

You should have seen (read) that I quoted donx. So, do you agree that it might have been possible that I have read and understood his postings? Unfortunately, I can't find facts in it, just assumptions, same as your 0.3% statement.

where is that quote?

On ‎06‎.‎10‎.‎2017 at 8:15 PM, bermannor said:

If you read this posting, you will find my quote. Quoting a posting does not include the quote in this posting. Sorry, but I can not explain it clearer but I tried my best.