30 day Entry Stamp - How many?

Hello,

Quick question: How many 30 day entry stamps can one collect in a 12 Month period entering at Suvarnabhumi Airport by Air?

German passport holder. No visa. Business Traveler - flying every 2-3 weeks in and out of Thailand.

Thanks

Lammbock

Edited by Lammbock
misspelling

There is no limit on how many you can do by air.

You may questioned as to what you are doing here after you have a total of 6 when the officer get an alert. As long as it does not appear you are trying to live here on them you should not have a problem.

I suggest you have the equivalent of 20k baht cash and and a ticket out to show in case you are asked to show them.

27 minutes ago, Lammbock said:

Business Traveler - flying every 2-3 weeks in and out of Thailand.

How long will the in be compared to the out.

13 hours ago, Lammbock said:

Hello,

Quick question: How many 30 day entry stamps can one collect in a 12 Month period entering at Suvarnabhumi Airport by Air?

German passport holder. No visa. Business Traveler - flying every 2-3 weeks in and out of Thailand.

Thanks

Lammbock

I'm afraid the information above is not correct.

by air the max 30 day visa exempt stamp is 3 in any rolling 6 Month period.

by land it is 2 in any 12 Month rolling period

8 minutes ago, Poolmaster said:

You are not correct. The 90 days in 6 months rule was rescinded in 2008.

The rule  for land border crossings is 2 per calendar year (January to December) not over a 12 month period.

• Like 1

Ubonjoe is right, (as ever) as long as it does not look like you are living (and working!) in Thailand, spend most of your time out of the country there is effectively no limit. I just checked and have six entries since March. Arriving again on Friday, will not be an issue, I  am sure. I never even think about it. Neither does immigration.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, boriga said:

Ubonjoe is right, (as ever) as long as it does not look like you are living (and working!) in Thailand, spend most of your time out of the country there is effectively no limit. I just checked and have six entries since March. Arriving again on Friday, will not be an issue, I  am sure. I never even think about it. Neither does immigration.

He/she is on a business trip so he/she is working the period of stay on a tourist visa on arrival without a workpermit it doesn't say also what kind of business but I gues he/she earn a lot of money with that business flying at least 12 times ?

54 minutes ago, Wim1954 said:

He/she is on a business trip so he/she is working the period of stay on a tourist visa on arrival without a workpermit it doesn't say also what kind of business but I gues he/she earn a lot of money with that business flying at least 12 times ?

If he is only entering for business meetings (no other kind of work) that is permitted on tourist entries. Also, it is not even clear whether the "business trips" are into Thailand or out of Thailand. There are plenty of people working outside Thailand, and spending their downtime here.

12 hours ago, Poolmaster said:

Ooops.

I've got 10 so far this year.....

6 hours ago, oldwelshman said:

I read on Thai embassy it is 3 per 6 months so 6 in one year also. I will not take the risk :-)

If you believe all the nonsense (some 10+ years out of date, some never correct in the first place) that you can read on various websites, you will never visit Thailand at all. Assuming Thai consulates have any idea about immigration rules is a particularly common mistake. (They know about the rules for issuing visas at their location, and that is it.) There is also much incorrect advice offered on this board, but if you restrict yourself to a few well informed posters, this board is the most reliable guide. However, it is up to you.

8 hours ago, oldwelshman said:

I read on Thai embassy it is 3 per 6 months so 6 in one year also. I will not take the risk :-)

Here is the police order that canceled it in November of 2008. policy778-2551_en.pdf

You will also see that the old canceled order limited it to a total of 90 days in 6 months not three 30 day entries in 6 months.

20 hours ago, novo58 said:

I always laugh when a NEWBIE comes along and contradicts the advice of Ubonjoe.

For the benefit of ...Poolmaster ....Ubonjoe IS NEVER WRONG.

Any questions in this forum on visa's, immigration regs etc ...everyone should just stand back and let Ubonjoe answer it when he has time.

I tought everybody could give comments here but it seems that only Ubonjoe is the only one and nobody else to give comment great forum.

@wim1954 ...of course everyone one is entitled to post in this forum . I am just saying ...why would a newbie who obviously knows nothing post something in contradiction to the resident expert.

If you wish to have a medical condition diagnosed by a motor mechanic that is your choice ...me I prefer to listen to a medical professional.

On this subject Ubonjoe is the undoubted expert........but you can of course feel free to listen to the obviously incorrect comments of anyone that you chose.

Just dont come running back to this forum when you follow incorrect advice or information.

1 minute ago, novo58 said:

@wim1954 ...of course everyone one is entitled to post in this forum . I am just saying ...why would a newbie who obviously knows nothing post something in contradiction to the resident expert.

If you wish to have a medical condition diagnosed by a motor mechanic that is your choice ...me I prefer to listen to a medical professional.

On this subject Ubonjoe is the undoubted expert........but you can of course feel free to listen to the obviously incorrect comments of anyone that you chose.

Just dont come running back to this forum when you follow incorrect advice or information.

That is what you THINK that he is the only one other comments are not relevant for you right ?

You can get as many in/out stamps as you want!!

Many people go to Bangkok and stay for 3 days then go to Burma, back to bangkok, cambodia, back to bangkok, Ho chi minh city,etc etc etc you can easily rack up 10 visa exempt stamps.  Nothing wrong with that.

WHAT THEY ARE LOOKING FOR, Is if you are STAYING in Bangkok and getting extensions. and then Leaving and back the same day...... In this case you need to apply for a Tourist Visa to stay long term.   

If they see you are only here and leaving in a week and back, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that and you can get as many Visa exempt stamps you want!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wim1954 said:

That is what you THINK that he is the only one other comments are not relevant for you right ?

Speaking for myself, I read all comments on issues that interest me. Often, there are actual recent experiences people relate that are relevant. I also know that some other posters are very knowledgeable in specific areas. As a general rule, if there is a conflict between what @ubonjoe advises and information from others (whether on this board or elsewhere) I take what @ubonjoe says as gospel.

2 hours ago, lopezkoa said:

You can get as many in/out stamps as you want!!

Many people go to Bangkok and stay for 3 days then go to Burma, back to bangkok, cambodia, back to bangkok, Ho chi minh city,etc etc etc you can easily rack up 10 visa exempt stamps.  Nothing wrong with that.

WHAT THEY ARE LOOKING FOR, Is if you are STAYING in Bangkok and getting extensions. and then Leaving and back the same day...... In this case you need to apply for a Tourist Visa to stay long term.   

If they see you are only here and leaving in a week and back, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that and you can get as many Visa exempt stamps you want!!!

Hopefully and this is what we don't know it is not a drugs courier and what I think can also a immigration officer think after so many ins and outs.

17 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Here is the police order that canceled it in November of 2008. policy778-2551_en.pdf

You will also see that the old canceled order limited it to a total of 90 days in 6 months not three 30 day entries in 6 months.

Sorry but not true, check this link on thai embassy site. http://thaiembassyuk.org.uk/en/faq-visa-to-thailand.

Still same as above 90 days in a 6 month period so that's 3 power 6 months. Unless the embassy has it wrong?

Furthermore, foreigners who enter Thailand under this Tourist Visa Exemption Scheme may re-enter and stay in Thailand for a cumulative duration of stay of not exceeding 90 days within any 6-month period from the date of first entry.

Unless I misread this, it does not mention extensions, so by definition surely not exceeding 90 days using 30 day exemptions equates to 3? I also read this on another embassy site status 6 per year, no mention of number of days, just specifically max 6 exemptions per year. I will try to find link. If there was nbo limit why get a visa? I plan to work in ASIA and live in Thailand, if this was possible I would just keep using exemptions but embassy told me in person this was not possible.

Edited by oldwelshman

1 hour ago, oldwelshman said:

Sorry but not true, check this link on thai embassy site. http://thaiembassyuk.org.uk/en/faq-visa-to-thailand.

Still same as above 90 days in a 6 month period so that's 3 power 6 months. Unless the embassy has it wrong?

As I mentioned above, assuming the consulates (who come under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs) are a good source of information about immigration rules (which come under a different ministry) is a common misconception. Many are misled as a result. In the particular case you cite, however, it is mostly just a matter of an old webpage not being updated. That old 90 days in six months rule (or variations of it) is cited in many places. That does not mean it still applies. In fact, it was in force only for a relatively short period nearly a decade ago.

6 hours ago, oldwelshman said:

It is wrong. A FAQ is not authoritative on any website IMO. They often fail to update the info when changes are made.

This page on the website does not the mention the recinded rule. http://thaiembassyuk.org.uk/en/visa-modern

The police order I posted is the authority for this since immigration are the ones that stamp you into the country.

On 2017-09-27 at 11:28 PM, oldwelshman said:

Can't find any information like that. Can you please take a screen shot or something?

I've got 11 entries since december 2016 and last trip i went to immigration and made an extension for 30 days.