BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Samui braces for Chinese tourist invasion for National Day this weekend

Samui braces for Chinese tourist invasion for National Day this weekend

3pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

SAMUI: -- Tourism officials in Koh Samui said that Chinese people would be visiting the island in droves over the next seven days around the National Day of October 1st.

Hotel bookings were up on the same period last year and restaurants were busy preparing a mountain of seafood, popular with the Asian visitors.

Nongyao Jirandorn, a Koh Samui tourism representative for the TAT said that the influx of Chinese visitors over the seven days around the national holiday would bring in 500 million baht to the holiday island.

Apart from restaurants and hotels, diving companies and operators offering sea excursions were among those who would benefit.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-09-27

Five hundred million baht to the island, and how many millions to the mountain of trash?

Oh well, no doubt the gracious hosts will lay on plenty of shark fins and bear bile to placate their guests. 

Wah! That is some heavy duty negativity!

As a rule I don't believe the TAT or their claim of 500,000,000 baht, but a few more visitors will help out some of the businesses on the island, especially in the off season. I would remind everyone that it is a tourist island and needs tourists for its livelihood.

I fully agree with Trogers (above) about the trash, however every visitor to the island is responsible for some garbage. Perhaps if the Mayor and/or the Municipal government actually fixed the incinerator after all these years, then the problem wouldn't be so bad.

Cheers

I'm afraid that the cynic in me is wondering how many of these Chinese visitors will not make it back alive.

Please, who is doing the calculation? The business on Samui will be already happy in case they get only 20% of that amount.

Any westerners staying in hotels with a buffet breakfast should set breakfast alarm for 6.01 am.. Just sayin

43 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:

Any westerners staying in hotels with a buffet breakfast should set breakfast alarm for 6.01 am.. Just sayin

Any westerners should come with American football or ice hockey attire if they plan to eat at a buffet. 

Love the pic. Maybe they should have a before, during and after pic when these arrogant, disrespectful hordes quality tourist pollute and destroy enjoy the environment.

Sooner or later, it will drive away the farangs. And the biggest losers will be the bars and prostitutes as the Chinese do not patronize either.

11 hours ago, BlackWolf said:

I think 0 bath.

They are talking about the Chinese tourists...not the British