Frenchman shoots himself dead in his wheelchair

webfact

Frenchman shoots himself dead in his wheelchair

1pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

KALASIN: -- A French man shot himself in the head after sending his Thai wife off to the market.

Sixty nine year old Jean Marie was found dead in his wheelchair in the hall of his Kalasin home.

Police said he likely took his own life.

Neighbors heard a single shot come from the one storey property in Kamalasai district. The French man wearing just a towel was slumped in his wheelchair with a bullet wound to the forehead.

On the floor was a .357 gun and a spent casing. There was no sign of a struggle.

He had been living in the house for many years with his Thai wife Kingkaew Chombunreuang, 41.

She told Kamalasai police that he had given her money to go and buy food as usual at the market. He usually gave her 1,000 baht but on this occasion he had given her the entire contents of his wallet.

She didn't think anything of it and left him alone in the house as normal, reported Thai Rath.

Police said there were no suspicious circumstances. The dead man was suffering from heart disease and depression and recently had been confined to a wheelchair because of a problem with his legs.

His wife said he had complained recently that he would never get back to normal health.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-09-28

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

" and a spent casing", from a revolver ?

regards worgeordie

Yeah, isn´t it amazing what modern technology can produce? :cheesy:

17 minutes ago, nursebob said:

that hand gun seems a long way from the body?

That´s right!

My question in all this is why in the world would the frenchman have a 357 handy in a drawer?
As above states too. It´s just kind of hard to throw the gun away from you after your dead.

Suicide? That is the usual conclusion of the police here when a farang is found dead.

In a wheelchair, no sign of a struggle, gun metres away from him.

Police will do nothing/ check nothing, was the gun registered?Who was the gun registered to?

As in all the cases of a farang death sfa will be done, just another farang, lets get back out screwing folk out of money, we have wasted to much time here.

Case closed.

8 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Yeah, isn´t it amazing what modern technology can produce? :cheesy:

That´s right!

My question in all this is why in the world would the frenchman have a 357 handy in a drawer?
As above states too. It´s just kind of hard to throw the gun away from you after your dead.

It is called recoil, who knows how far the gun or what direction it would go in

About 2 metres away by my reckoning looking at those (albeit big) tiles. Camera perspective makes things look further away than actual if taking in a very close object. Could easily be explained by dropping it and it gaining slide momentum by hitting his knee, arm or arm of the chair for instance; or wife kicking it away when she (presumably ) found him.

35 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Suicide? That is the usual conclusion of the police here when a farang is found dead.

In a wheelchair, no sign of a struggle, gun metres away from him.

Police will do nothing/ check nothing, was the gun registered?Who was the gun registered to?

As in all the cases of a farang death sfa will be done, just another farang, lets get back out screwing folk out of money, we have wasted to much time here.

Case closed.

The police often don't bother chasing up suspicious Thai deaths either so stop playing poor, persecuted, maligned farang

56 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Suicide? That is the usual conclusion of the police

Absurd legal system, where the police and not coroners (or court-appointed medical examiners) make pronouncements about causes of deaths.

Having owned a .357 l reckon in this case the gun would have flown, but perhaps he used a .38 round, probably would still have flown. They will only be a spent casing inside the gun. Would be a weee bit awkward to shoot oneself in the forehead, would have thought the temple was the easiest....

5 minutes ago, Morakot said:

Absurd legal system, where the police and not coroners (or court-appointed medio-legal officers) make pronouncements about causes of deaths.

Chronic bad health plus depression, don't think you have to be Sherlock to deduce it was suicide.

1 minute ago, transam said:

Having owned a .357 l reckon in this case the gun would have flown, but perhaps he used a .38 round, probably would still have flown. They will only be a spent casing inside the gun. Would be a weee bit awkward to shoot oneself in the forehead, would have thought the temple was the easiest....

Maybe it was an assisted suicide?

1 hour ago, nursebob said:

that hand gun seems a long way from the body?

Ah the homicide detectives.  I had a Ruger Security Six .357.  That thing kicked like a mule.  Npt surprising at all to see it blew out of his hand away from the body.  Besides he was quite ill.  That Ruger was hard to hold on too and sometimes would have a bruise on my hand if I fired too many .357 rounds at the range.

R.I.P.  Your suffering is over, for a little while...:jap:

12 minutes ago, transam said:

70% of the time ( suicide ) the 'gun' is not kept in the hand and the short barrel 357 has the biggest kick of all. Add tiled floor and it'll skid a fair way.

19 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Chronic bad health plus depression, don't think you have to be Sherlock to deduce it was suicide.

In most countries, it is a legal requirement that coroners or court-appointed officials must investigate cases of unknown or unnatural deaths. Leaving this to your random doughnut Som tam eating copper is never a good idea, because they not only lack expertise but also have other things to do...

1 minute ago, overherebc said:

70% of the time ( suicide ) the 'gun' is not kept in the hand and the short barrel 357 has the biggest kick of all. Add tiled floor and it'll skid a fair way.

Yep.  Kicks like a mule with about a 12 inch blue and white flame from the barrel.

3 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Glad we got a proper CSI team now on the case.

9 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

heart disease, depression and stuck in a wheelchair. his choice i guess and gun seems a quick and painless way to do it. Personally if it came to it i reckon i'd fly to another country so it wouldn't be all over the news. anyway, RIP

"i'd fly to another country so it wouldn't be all over the news."  I understand perfectly. You'd want to avoid the embarrassment...:wacko:

Just now, joeyg said:

"i'd fly to another country so it wouldn't be all over the news."  I understand perfectly. You'd want to avoid the embarrassment...:wacko:

more a case of gone and forgotten than anything else. who would want there death potentially discussed on this forum. it would seem inevitable. anyway, no suicides from this chap so if i'm found in suspicious circumstances it was bloody murder

30 minutes ago, Morakot said:

Absurd legal system, where the police and not coroners (or court-appointed medical examiners) make pronouncements about causes of deaths.

The final say goes to the ME.

The police just give the quote-hungry reporters their opinion so calm down

3 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

more a case of gone and forgotten than anything else. who would want there death potentially discussed on this forum. it would seem inevitable. anyway, no suicides from this chap so if i'm found in suspicious circumstances it was bloody murder

"if i'm found in suspicious circumstances it was bloody murder"  Who would the main suspect be?

Archived