Frenchman shoots himself dead in his wheelchair

webfact

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

" and a spent casing", from a revolver ?

regards worgeordie

Might be another "lost in translation problem", the computer translated Thai Rath article reads:

"Nearby .357 firearms fell and found one bullet head of the same size fell near the dead body."

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Thai Ron said:

The police often don't bother chasing up suspicious Thai deaths either so stop playing poor, persecuted, maligned farang

It is clear that you have no idea what you have no idea what you are talking about.

The police here never do proper investigations, whether it is a farang or a Thai.

Having been involved with police lies/false claims/ corruption, i feel i am in a better position to comment than your rambling.

14 hours ago, giddyup said:

Chronic bad health plus depression, don't think you have to be Sherlock to deduce it was suicide.

I'm 69, in a wheelchair and with more chronic health issues than has been reported here about this guy. Even in my darkest days, suicide while often a fleeting thought, has never been a possibility. You just adjust to your new existence as it has become and get on with life. While I don't want to express an opinion in this case,  there's no way suicide should be automatically deduced.

I look at member Colin from Northern Thailand, who lost nearly everything in a car crash a few years ago. He hasn't given up on life, and, while I may disagree with some of his opinions on the forum, I greatly admire his strength and resolve.

6 minutes ago, joeyg said:

"if i'm found in suspicious circumstances it was bloody murder"  Who would the main suspect be?

can't start thinking about things like that mate, it's depressing. however, look to those closest is what the police usually do i think ; ) anyway. no joking from me on this thread. RIP fella

Just now, colinneil said:

It is clear that you have no idea what you have no idea what you are talking about.

The police here never do proper investigations, whether it is a farang or a Thai.

Isn't that what I just said?

Reading comprehension not your strong suit, then?

2 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

I'm 69, in a wheelchair and with more chronic health issues than has been reported here about this guy. Even in my darkest days, suicide while often a fleeting thought, has never been a possibility. You just adjust to your new existence as it has become and get on with life. While I don't want to express an opinion in this case,  there's no way suicide should be automatically deduced.

I look at member Colin from Northern Thailand, who lost nearly everything in a car crash a few years ago. He hasn't given up on life, and, while I may disagree with some of his opinions on the forum, I greatly admire his strength and resolve.

Interestingly, suicide is the number two reason for death among young adults in the USA at least. I believe Japan is higher. The number one cause of death are alcohol related Automobile accidents.I think it's an interesting statement on the minds of people the system is producing.

1 minute ago, Old Croc said:

Sorry, but you can't compare yourself to this guy. You have no insight into his state of mind, or what other health or financial problems he may have had. Everyone is different, we all handle ill health and relationship issues differently as well.

14 hours ago, giddyup said:

Sorry, but you can't compare yourself to this guy. You have no insight into his state of mind, or what other health or financial problems he may have had. Everyone is different, we all handle ill health and relationship issues differently as well.

And you had no right to state it had to be suicide!!!

10 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

can't start thinking about things like that mate, it's depressing. however, look to those closest is what the police usually do i think ; ) anyway. no joking from me on this thread. RIP fella

"can't start thinking about things like that" You brought it up.  Not me.  Things OK at home?

Why was there a gun in the house? It's next to impossible for a foreigner to own a gun in Thailand. Why would anyone tolerate their Thai wife owning a gun and having it in the house? Knowing how loopy and unstable most of these females are. Highly suspicious.

4 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Yep seriously.

Nope! Usually when a person shoot themselfs. They hold the gun under their chin. That will result in a recoil where the hands take most of it away, and that the gun basically lands in the knee when you are sitting in a wheelchair.

If he choosed to put the gun in his head on either side, the gun will not fly in front of him.

If he put the gun to his forehead. You will have to take the bending of the arm into account, and that the finger is locked with the trigger. That will result in a fall downwards and the last thing the falls out is the trigger finger. Which would present the gun at his feet.

3 minutes ago, overherebc said:

And USA has more suicide by gun than people murdered by gun.

I do not know at all, but I will take a chance on that it might be the statistics of most countries in the world without a war of some kind.

20 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

You just adjust to your new existence as it has become and get on with life.

Very much agree with that statement, unless of course the "illness" or whatever becomes so debilitating that there is no joy whatsoever in being around.

I had a friend here just a few years ago who contracted Lou Gehrig's disease and unfortunately it was the fast acting one, so he was going downhill pretty quickly.

He gathered a small group of his male friends around and discussed ways in which he would be able to end it all, once the condition became unbearable, because in the later stages of this disease, you can do nothing but be fed through a tube into your stomach, with no movement at all, just laying there and no one can see if your brain is even active. It is a terrible disease.

Many ways of ending it all were discussed, and it always came down to the least painful and less messy option, of which there were not too many believe it or not. Obviously we could not "activate" the final solution as it had to be from his hand/doing and eventually something was agreed upon.

Sadly he left it too late and there was absolutely no way he could administer anything, so the poor guy just lay there with a tube in his stomach, which became continually infected, laying on a plastic sheet, dribbling and unable to move any part of his body.

Obviously he passed away (and it was an awful death) and I often wonder about one's thought process as it comes to the time where you know you're about to cross that line into being a complete vegetable, so need to end it all, but want to hang onto every breath of life??

So sad when it comes to this and as someone else has mentioned, perhaps the French guy felt that he couldn't function with the conditions he had, whereas others battle on and battle through as we have seen here. In addition, state of mind has a lot to do with this and who knows what his was at this particular time.

RIP French guy.

27 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

No sign of a struggle. This could also mean that someone took a gun, and without the guy noticing just shot him in the head. Considering the state of his health it would had been easy to catch him by surprise, hence no struggle, BANG and it`s all over in a flash.

Of course we don`t know what actually happened and doubt we ever will know, because the police won`t bother to hold an investigation, they`ll just take his wife`s word for it, case closed.

A GSR test on the deceased would show very quickly whether  the shot was fired by the deceased. If somebody 'helped' him firing the gun there would be some sign of struggle.

I hope a simple Gun Shot Residue test is in Thai forensic investigators' repertoire?

5 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Nope! Usually when a person shoot themselfs. They hold the gun under their chin. That will result in a recoil where the hands take most of it away, and that the gun basically lands in the knee when you are sitting in a wheelchair.

If he choosed to put the gun in his head on either side, the gun will not fly in front of him.

If he put the gun to his forehead. You will have to take the bending of the arm into account, and that the finger is locked with the trigger. That will result in a fall downwards and the last thing the falls out is the trigger finger. Which would present the gun at his feet.

I do not know at all, but I will take a chance on that it might be the statistics of most countries in the world without a war of some kind.

A short nosed magnum is difficult enough to hold when fired when your alive let alone having just shot yourself in the forehead where you can't possibly get a decent grip on the thing.

Read a couple of posts back where the poster reported bruising of the hand after fired a few rounds.

R.I.P.

Sad but true that some people decide to make an end to suffering.

This thread is full of speculation just from reading the OP.

I have looked through the net and found an FB post with a couple of pictures and a video.

I don't want to link it publicly with respect to the deceased (who is seen in the video and pictures).

A crushed bullet to see.

PM if you want to see it.

Police and a forensic team obviously did a comprehensive investigation.

The distance from the deceased to the weapon is of course also measured, pictures taken etc. (I am not a CSI expert or TV watcher).

No need to say "they just listen to the wife and close the case" or similar ...

The home is in good condition with proper furniture etc.

Running out of money does not look likely in this case.

A weapon in the house is easy to get for the Thai wife and even some foreigners seemed to have been able to get a license for carrying in the house (only) for self defense etc. Not allowed to carry in public of course.

(multiple threads in the forum).

And that is only about legal ways.

The video also shows the French man's foreigner ID card.

14 minutes ago, overherebc said:

A short nosed magnum is difficult enough to hold when fired when your alive let alone having just shot yourself in the forehead where you can't possibly get a decent grip on the thing.

Read a couple of posts back where the poster reported bruising of the hand after fired a few rounds.

We lay it to rest for now. We both know that tests are going to be made. If we get the real or made up results we can´t know. However! It´s just to wait and see. :smile:

47 minutes ago, Jeremy50 said:

Why was there a gun in the house? It's next to impossible for a foreigner to own a gun in Thailand. Why would anyone tolerate their Thai wife owning a gun and having it in the house? Knowing how loopy and unstable most of these females are. Highly suspicious.

It is not next to impossible for a foreigner to own a gun, as long as they are employed and in the house registration book then the rules are same as for a Thai.  But this man could not have held a gun licence, he was disabled, even if he was previously eligible for a licence he would have had to surrender it once he became disabled.  It was either on his wife's license or was illegal, it matters not, and your assumption that no one would allow a Thai wife to have a gun is just shameful racism, you really don't belong in a country you feel the right to generalize on to that extent, the fact id that others are not bigoted towards Thai women and so there being a gun in the house does not make this suspicious.

1 hour ago, Jeremy50 said:

A foreigner getting a gun in Thailand is a simple thing.  I've heard...

Archived