Frenchman shoots himself dead in his wheelchair

webfact

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in this case ,the wife got to the money ....before the police could.

His feet are on the ground and he has shoes on his feet ?

Maybe he walked around , shot himself ,took the spend casing out of the gun an threw it away,than walked back to his wheel chair.......looks like suicide.

3 hours ago, Get Real said:

Yeah, isn´t it amazing what modern technology can produce? :cheesy:

That´s right!

My question in all this is why in the world would the frenchman have a 357 handy in a drawer?
As above states too. It´s just kind of hard to throw the gun away from you after your dead.

It's a natural jerk reaction, it would be suspicious if it was near him

As usual, the Thai Visa community show no respect to this gentleman- offer no condolences to his very recent widow.

The Americans here who seem to have firearms bred into them rabbit on about guns- thankfully in my home country 99.9 % of the population would never have handled a firearm- handguns totally illegal.

TV is the pits sometimes.

5 hours ago, nursebob said:

that hand gun seems a long way from the body?

Article said " ...with a bullet wound to the forehead."   Notice the position of his feet....  so with a forehead shot the pistol would recoil up and back..to land in the general area where the gun in fact is.  Muscle spasm as brain matter is instantly turned to raw mush could also cause his hand to flip back that way... losing the gun in that direction..

The gun is in fact about where I would expect to find it in this case..        

1 hour ago, peterb17 said:

As usual, the Thai Visa community show no respect to this gentleman- offer no condolences to his very recent widow.

The Americans here who seem to have firearms bred into them rabbit on about guns- thankfully in my home country 99.9 % of the population would never have handled a firearm- handguns totally illegal.

TV is the pits sometimes.

What are you on about?  First comment about the obvious discrepancy wasn't an American.  Few others I know aren't American, have commented similarly.

So you wade in, throw around a spurious statement relying on irrelevant, off-topic generalizations and then start thumping your chest about gun control in your country (vs. USA).  

And then don't even have the decency to offer your own respects and condolences to the deceased and his surviving wife?

TV is the pits sometimes.  Indeed.

4 hours ago, overherebc said:

Recoil and nerve reaction. Spent casing probably should have read revolver 'with' a spent casing meaning still in the revolver.

THX for your accurate comment,...it's refreshing to read something sensible sometimes !

5 hours ago, AGareth2 said:

PAD

should have had an operation

Often, with both type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease (including PAD/PVD), surgery is a risky option, especially in older patient populations.   There are only a handful of good interventional cardiologists in Thailand who will even risk stenting or angioplasty at or below the femoral artery.

Sad when one gives up as he did but losing your mobility and becoming dependent on others can be a deeply depressing life event.       

3 hours ago, Thai Ron said:

The final say goes to the ME.

The police just give the quote-hungry reporters their opinion so calm down

That would be new in Thailand!

"ME" ("Medical Examiner"),  you mean the official of your local charity who officially pronounces dead those who died a violent death?

Whatever such an official says in Thailand  is of no relevance, except to certify someone is not now dead. It is nothing like a legal pronouncement of a coroner that would overrule any decision made by the police as to whether a death was suspicious or not.  In Thailand, the police reserves the right to be the final arbitrator on the matter, if they decide not to pass it onto the public prosecutor. No Thai court, including their forensic experts, could overrule this.

image.png.5ebe95fa7d118ff14ae15d6497955d6a.png

5 hours ago, Get Real said:

Yeah, isn´t it amazing what modern technology can produce? :cheesy:

That´s right!

My question in all this is why in the world would the frenchman have a 357 handy in a drawer?
As above states too. It´s just kind of hard to throw the gun away from you after your dead.

The photo is a depiction, not the actual scene ! That's why there is no pool of blood !

6 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Reached 69 so not a bad innings 

In a wheelchair, out of hope.

Gave his wife the last of his money, out of hope

Logical conclusion...

Out of hope in Thailand, but most likely very decent  life in France.

I don't know why foreigners are so stubborn to go home. 

5 minutes ago, digger70 said:

If they found a Spent casing on the floor than he did not kill himself,only an Auto ejects a casing not a revolver.And shooting oneself straight  in the forehead is to my knowledge nearly impossible.

Actually fairly easy...   Much easier than to try to shoot yourself in the middle of the back.   Instead of pointing the gun away from you, simply turn it around and point it at yourself. Instead of holding it normally, wrap your fingers around the back of the grip, and use your thumbs to fire it instead of you index finger...    Simple ! 

Now place the muzzle to your forehead.... use your thumb/thumbs to press the trigger back. Lights out in a flash.

In a double action revolver, cocking it first would lighten the trigger pull..or push in this case. It would in fact not be difficult.  The difficulty would be getting the nerve to do it. 

6 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Reached 69 so not a bad innings 

In a wheelchair, out of hope.

Gave his wife the last of his money, out of hope

Logical conclusion...

Logical theory, maybe.  But shouldn't the conclusion come after a thorough investigation? 

The issue being now that the police have been quoted, they lose face if they later have to retract their statement.  Which is not a popular thing for officials in LOS.

Archived