Frenchman shoots himself dead in his wheelchair

webfact

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, jgarbo said:

Revolvers don't eject casings. They stay in the cylinder until poked out. Misprint or ...?

Once again, there was no spent casing, it's a mistranslation of spent bullet. The original Thai Rath article refers to a bullet not a casing.

Also:

4 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

I have looked through the net and found an FB post with a couple of pictures and a video.

I don't want to link it publicly with respect to the deceased (who is seen in the video and pictures).

A crushed bullet to see.

PM if you want to see it.

Note "A crushed bullet to see."

1 hour ago, AlphMichaels said:

Often, with both type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease (including PAD/PVD), surgery is a risky option, especially in older patient populations.   There are only a handful of good interventional cardiologists in Thailand who will even risk stenting or angioplasty at or below the femoral artery.

Sad when one gives up as he did but losing your mobility and becoming dependent on others can be a deeply depressing life event.       

you need a vascular surgeon

there are a few

Selfish git (if he actually did top himself) - nice surprise for the wife to come home to.  Same as that tosser from Linkin Park. Six kids come home to him dangling in the living room, nice memory that's gonna leave.  Gotta top yourself, do it quietly, in a lake or something off your face on drugs, or go for a boat trip and jump off - I could think of many ways to do it without leaving so much trauma for the ones you leave behind.

16 minutes ago, Cranky said:

Selfish git (if he actually did top himself) - nice surprise for the wife to come home to.  Same as that tosser from Linkin Park. Six kids come home to him dangling in the living room, nice memory that's gonna leave.  Gotta top yourself, do it quietly, in a lake or something off your face on drugs, or go for a boat trip and jump off - I could think of many ways to do it without leaving so much trauma for the ones you leave behind.

Only problem being if you are 'off your face on drugs' you might start thinking life is wonderful again.

Just sayin.

8 hours ago, nursebob said:

that hand gun seems a long way from the body?

Another Inspector Clouseau from his laptop in a pub. Did you notice the tile floor where objects slide easily plus the angle of the photo which really does not indicate distance. Like a real estate taking pics of rooms once seeing they actually shrink in size.

PS Please do not inspect and determine cause whether I died from suicide or murder when I'm dead! LMAO

21 minutes ago, Cranky said:

Yeah, real easy for someone in a wheelchair to take a boat trip.

33 minutes ago, Cranky said:

Might be a bit hard to jump off a boat when you're in a wheelchair, probably a struggle to get to his nearest 7/11.

5 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Might be a bit hard to jump off a boat when you're in a wheelchair, probably a struggle to get to his nearest 7/11.

You get the point.  Plenty ways for someone to go do themselves in without making such an awful scene for someone to come home to. 

Just now, Cranky said:

You get the point.  Plenty ways for someone to go do themselves in without making such an awful scene for someone to come home to. 

Not sure you are in a rational state of mind when you top yourself. Ernest Hemingway took his head off with a 12 gauge, I imagine that created a bit of a mess for his housekeeper.

depression?

Looks like many expats suffer from this and end up dead one way or another, another being the main word. Wonderful country until the money runs low then its time to leave with no struggle or suspicious circumstances like always. Defiantly the worlds Hub of international suicides. Come live in a wonderful country until you are 65 then piss off or shoot yourself, new add for TAT.

RIP Mr French Brother, I notice we have seen a drop in British Deaths, does that mean many have done a texit hope so.

PS DNA on gun and power burns would show what really happened, but Forensics on Farangs are not needed here are they, or they do not know how to do it as per KT

3 minutes ago, wakeupplease said:

depression?

Come live in a wonderful country until you are 65 then piss off or shoot yourself, new add for TAT.

Better to go out with a bang than a whimper. 65 and living in a bedsit in the UK (or Europe) in the middle of winter, trying to survive on a pension doesn't sound like much of an alternative.

7 minutes ago, wakeupplease said:

depression?

Looks like many expats suffer from this and end up dead one way or another, another being the main word. Wonderful country until the money runs low then its time to leave with no struggle or suspicious circumstances like always. Defiantly the worlds Hub of international suicides. Come live in a wonderful country until you are 65 then piss off or shoot yourself, new add for TAT.

RIP Mr French Brother, I notice we have seen a drop in British Deaths, does that mean many have done a texit hope so.

PS DNA on gun and power burns would show what really happened, but Forensics on Farangs are not needed here are they, or they do not know how to do it as per KT

I'm 65 and still sparring.  I like the "65 then piss off or shoot yourself" for most expats I've met here.  Good thinking!!!

40 minutes ago, Cranky said:

Selfish git (if he actually did top himself)

Something to that. Though for most death in old age won't be pleasant or without pain. It also seems he couldn't get around much and had mental health issues. Maybe he had help, maybe not, who are we to judge. 

"The simple truth is, not all of us become the men we once hoped we might be. We are all God’s creatures. If there are those among us who thought ill of Mr Hollom, spoke ill of him, or failed him in respect of fellowship – then we ask for your forgiveness, Lord. And we ask for his."

— Captain Jack Aubrey, eulogy for Mr Hollom, Master and Commander

50 minutes ago, wavemanwww said:

Another Inspector Clouseau from his laptop in a pub. Did you notice the tile floor where objects slide easily plus the angle of the photo which really does not indicate distance. Like a real estate taking pics of rooms once seeing they actually shrink in size.

PS Please do not inspect and determine cause whether I died from suicide or murder when I'm dead! LMAO

Plus it's a revolver. A Gun has wheels. ??

See below.

??

images (37).jpg

8 hours ago, moe666 said:

It is called recoil, who knows how far the gun or what direction it would go in

Good point. Ever kicked of a .357?? Let me tell you that's one mother f.... I had one go through two 1 and a half inch old hardwood floors 13 feet apart!! never found the bullet. 

8 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Reached 69 so not a bad innings 

In a wheelchair, out of hope.

Gave his wife the last of his money, out of hope

Logical conclusion...

What do mean 69 not so bad innings???? This is still young and the mind can still be productive. However in this case, it would seem he had little encouragement and hope. My condolences to his wife and other family members, if they exist.

56 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Not sure you are in a rational state of mind when you top yourself. Ernest Hemingway took his head off with a 12 gauge, I imagine that created a bit of a mess for his housekeeper.

The boyfriend of a friend of mine did the same although he did leave a note on the table saying that she should not look out of the back door, but should call the police as soon as she got home...........but she looked out the back door unfortunately.

3 hours ago, nausea said:

Once again, there was no spent casing, it's a mistranslation of spent bullet. The original Thai Rath article refers to a bullet not a casing.

Also:

Note "A crushed bullet to see."

Assuming that I have choosen the right wording for that:

bullet1.jpg

47 minutes ago, Maggusoil said:

Good point. Ever kicked of a .357?? Let me tell you that's one mother f.... I had one go through two 1 and a half inch old hardwood floors 13 feet apart!! never found the bullet. 

One of the biggest guns I've pulled the trigger on and believe me it had a real kick. 

Early 70's.

??

images (38).jpg

Archived