Frenchman shoots himself dead in his wheelchair

webfact

I offer my prayers for the deceased and my heartfelt condolences to his loved ones. I personally do not think this was a suicide but an act of murder. It will be very difficult to find the murderer because the crime scene appears to have been 'dressed up'. 

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Aditi Sharma said:

I offer my prayers for the deceased and my heartfelt condolences to his loved ones. I personally do not think this was a suicide but an act of murder. It will be very difficult to find the murderer because the crime scene appears to have been 'dressed up'. 

The real CSI have arrived.

45 minutes ago, Aditi Sharma said:

Amazing, only one photo and very limited info, how did you work it out?

9 hours ago, Morakot said:

Absurd legal system, where the police and not coroners (or court-appointed medical examiners) make pronouncements about causes of deaths.

With idiot farang killing themselves daily mostly due to bar girls and alcoholism I side with the bib, throw them in the back of a pick up and off to the crematorium!! 

What an embarrassment and no wonder thais think we are weird. 

However this one does seem to be health related. RIP 

12 minutes ago, juice777 said:

Isn't there a simple test to pick up gun powder on someones hand to see if they have fired a gun recently?

Do the Thai police do this? 

Or am I being stupid 

1. Yes, but not so simple . . and YMMV. 2. Your guess is as good as another's. 3. No.

15 minutes ago, juice777 said:

Isn't there a simple test to pick up gun powder on someones hand to see if they have fired a gun recently?

Or am I being stupid 

Hardly simple but a scanning electron microscope equipped with an energy dispersive X-ray spectrometer is all the equipment that is needed, cheap ones only cost about $100,000, no doubt they are available to use in Thailand somewhere.  They used to use a kit that gave an instant result but it was massively inaccurate so in Western countries they prefer to go for the spectrum analysis method, that way not only can they ascertain that there is one rare element that is found in most gun powders on the hand like the kit did and so most likely that they have fired a gun recently, but they can actually match the residue to the spent cartridge or even sometimes the dust found in the bullet wound.  But I doubt that police anywhere would bother in a case such as this unless there were suspicions of some sort.

Between romantic rivals, in-laws in a hurry for the inheritance, disgruntled neighbors, plain vanilla burglars and loan sharks wanting to send a message, I can think of about a dozen ways this could have been a murder even if his wife loved him like the dickens and had nothing to do with it.

Or, it may have been a suicide.  Or maybe his wife didn't fess up like the other lady who just murdered her foreign husband then turned herself in...

If his family is tuned in here, I'm hoping they get the sense that they should be asking questions, and not just accepting the police report.  I have no clue what happened.  Without an investigation, neither do the police.  And they didn't do a thorough investigation in less than 24 hours.

35 minutes ago, juice777 said:

Or am I being stupid 

Yes there is a very simple test but the baboons around here are either to lazy or want to hide the real facts to learn how to do it, because if they did do a test along with other forensics the place would get a bad name, which it has with many of late anyhow.

Just imagine if there was a male thai tourist boom in your  home town and all of a sudden they started jumping and wrist slitting, hanging etc would you really want your police force stretching their resources and doing expensive testing on every single suicide? 

Yep didn't think so 

The neighbours heard a shot from his bungalow whilst his wife was at the market so they went to see what had happened They found the Frenchman dead in his wheelchair so they  called the police.

No mention of anybody seeing anyone running away from the house.

6 hours ago, dunque said:

The report does not mention a revolver - the picture is obviously illustrative and probably not the real scene.

The photo was taken by Thai Rath newspaper,so good chance  it was the actual scene.

regards worgeordie

58 minutes ago, juice777 said:

Or am I being stupid 

Residue testing is pretty standard.  But from what I have seen of Thai investigation scenes, there can be literally dozens of people wandering around including un controlled press and photo people.  Things never looked very well organized

11 hours ago, worgeordie said:

" and a spent casing", from a revolver ?

regards worgeordie

.357 ammo is not only shot by revolvers.

but considering the photo...

probably a poor translation - " On the floor was a .357 gun and a spent casing inside. "

25 minutes ago, bannork said:

The neighbours heard a shot from his bungalow whilst his wife was at the market so they went to see what had happened They found the Frenchman dead in his wheelchair so they  called the police.

No mention of anybody seeing anyone running away from the house.

Ah right, so the neighbours did it. 

RIP Sir.

12 hours ago, nursebob said:

that hand gun seems a long way from the body?

It's possible because if you read he shot himself in the forehead, when you hold the pistol to the forehead it is kind of difficult to pull the trigger, you need to really press hard on the trigger and when it fires the gun would fling from his hand sending the pistol quite a distance away. My conjecture not saying I am right. 

1 hour ago, Kieran00001 said:

Amazing, only one photo and very limited info, how did you work it out?

I was able to see the reflection of the dead person on the shiny floor by magnifying the pic. The attitude of his body signified an artificial posture which could not have been naturally assumed; and a man at death would not feign it, you see, and definitely not one of a person who has killed himself. Upon closer inspection of the floor, the placement of the pistol in the foreground, I had no doubt that this was not a natural scene.  I hope the photo belonged to the deceased Frenchman. It would only be polite to call this a suicide at this stage. And I very much regret it.

6 minutes ago, Aditi Sharma said:

I was able to see the reflection of the dead person on the shiny floor by magnifying the pic. The attitude of his body signified an artificial posture which could not have been naturally assumed; and a man at death would not feign it, you see, and definitely not one of a person who has killed himself. Upon closer inspection of the floor, the placement of the pistol in the foreground, I had no doubt that this was not a natural scene.  I hope the photo belonged to the deceased Frenchman. It would only be polite to call this a suicide at this stage. And I very much regret it.

You been watching too much Poirot

4 hours ago, overherebc said:

Plus it's a revolver. A Gun has wheels. ??

gunnoun [ C ]

UK  /ɡʌn/ US  /ɡʌn/

B1 weapon that bullets or shells (= explosive containers) are fired from:

The British police do not carry guns.
You could hear the noise of guns firing in the distance.

in sport, a device that makes a very loud sudden noise as a signal tostart a race:

At the gun, the runners sprinted away down the track.

a device that you hold in your hand and use for sending out a liquidor object:

a spray gun
See also
hired gun mainly us informal

a person who is paid to shoot and kill someone

Just to correct you.

Cannot be bothered to respond to all the wan*ers  on this thread.  A simple report completely misinterpreted by all the so called 'experts' here.

RIP old feller.

3 hours ago, madusa said:

It's possible because if you read he shot himself in the forehead, when you hold the pistol to the forehead it is kind of difficult to pull the trigger, you need to really press hard on the trigger and when it fires the gun would fling from his hand sending the pistol quite a distance away. My conjecture not saying I am right. 

If he was holding the revolver backwards by the butt and pointing the barrel at his forehead, it is quite likely that it would recoil and send the handgun in a forward direction.  Especially if it were lightly grasped.  And a small-framed revolver in .38 Special or .357 can have substantial recoil as well as muzzle rise.  A typical revolver has a very light trigger pull if the hammer is cocked.  Scary light in a lot of cases.  It would be so easy to push the trigger with one's thumb in the forehead scenario.  I'm not an expert, just your average crazy American with 20 firearms and several thousand rounds of ammunition acquired over the last 50 years.

I'm sorry to hear of this family's troubles and the way things worked out.  Depression is indeed a terrible thing.  Ill health, hopelessness ... done.

16 hours ago, transam said:

Having owned a .357 l reckon in this case the gun would have flown, but perhaps he used a .38 round, probably would still have flown. They will only be a spent casing inside the gun. Would be a weee bit awkward to shoot oneself in the forehead, would have thought the temple was the easiest....

Could have used his thumb on the trigger.. but yes, difficult with the first finger

Archived