Frenchman shoots himself dead in his wheelchair

webfact

18 hours ago, worgeordie said:

" and a spent casing", from a revolver ?

regards worgeordie

Although the article says spent casing --only a gun is shown on the floor. Many times Thai and English speakers do not communicate well. I seriously doubt a spent casing was on the floor as the casing would stay in the gun. Anyone that shoots a gun would know this and even if someone shot him then they would not intentionally leave a spent casing on the floor. IMO this had to be a Thai English miscommunication issue and no spent casing exists on the floor.  Take care. 

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Wake Up said:

IMO this had to be a Thai English miscommunication issue and no spent casing exists on the floor.  

You could be right.

11 hours ago, wavemanwww said:

12 hours ago, jgarbo said:

Revolvers don't eject casings. They stay in the cylinder until poked out. Misprint or ...?

Once again, there was no spent casing, it's a mistranslation of spent bullet. The original Thai Rath article refers to a bullet not a casing.

Also:

16 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

I have looked through the net and found an FB post with a couple of pictures and a video.

I don't want to link it publicly with respect to the deceased (who is seen in the video and pictures).

A crushed bullet to see.

PM if you want to see it.

Note "A crushed bullet to see."

9 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Assuming that I have choosen the right wording for that:

bullet1.jpg

6 minutes ago, Mansinthe said:

U suggest the 28 year younger wife he chose was not his true soulmate and love?

well ... this is Thailand and things like this happen all the time.  Don't you think she would be sick and tired of waiting on him hand and foot day after day .....  and possibly being frustrated and wanting a younger man ???   could be ??

12 hours ago, juice777 said:

Isn't there a simple test to pick up gun powder on someones hand to see if they have fired a gun recently?

Do the Thai police do this? 

Or am I being stupid 

Do the Thai police do this? 

Do they even know about it? :whistling:

After reading a few of the comments made by many of the TV CSI team, I am thinking the Thai police are looking pretty shit hot right now. 

What gives people the right to criticise the Thai police on something they believe 'likely' happened? I would assume 'likely' means that they are still investigating.

And in the same breath, the same people then go on to tell us all what they think exactly happened - based on the 1% of evidence the article gave. Are we expats or do we have the finer details of the case and 30 years experience in investigative crime? 

A lot of things to criticise the Thai police force over, but this? 

13 minutes ago, wildewillie89 said:

After reading a few of the comments made by many of the TV CSI team, I am thinking the Thai police are looking pretty shit hot right now. 

What gives people the right to criticise the Thai police on something they believe 'likely' happened? I would assume 'likely' means that they are still investigating.

And in the same breath, the same people then go on to tell us all what they think exactly happened - based on the 1% of evidence the article gave. Are we expats or do we have the finer details of the case and 30 years experience in investigative crime? 

A lot of things to criticise the Thai police force over, but this? 

The exact same right that you have to criticize those people who criticize also gives them the right to voice an opinion... which they write on an open forum designed for discussion !

For many who have lived here any length of time it has become apparent that the BiB tend to take the path of least resistance unless otherwise 'pushed' or 'encouraged' to do. so. Often the conclusions drawn are highly convenient and questionable, and more often than not are the quickest, easiest and least troublesome conclusions fabricated to result in the least possible workload. 

This has bred a hugely cynical expat population who on this forum quite rightly so tend to question, discuss, disagree and debate anything which may not be 100% unequivocally proven... Again, its kind of the purpose of a forum, otherwise we'd be reading a 100's of posts which write "Agreed" which would be boring.

Of course, you could just read the news which allows no such debate or discussion, but then you wouldn't be able to criticize, debate and discuss with those whom you agree or disagree.

19 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The exact same right that you have to criticize those people who criticize also gives them the right to voice an opinion... which they write on an open forum designed for discussion !

For many who have lived here any length of time it has become apparent that the BiB tend to take the path of least resistance unless otherwise 'pushed' or 'encouraged' to do. so. Often the conclusions drawn are highly convenient and questionable, and more often than not are the quickest, easiest and least troublesome conclusions fabricated to result in the least possible workload. 

This has bred a hugely cynical expat population who on this forum quite rightly so tend to question, discuss, disagree and debate anything which may not be 100% unequivocally proven... Again, its kind of the purpose of a forum, otherwise we'd be reading a 100's of posts which write "Agreed" which would be boring.

Of course, you could just read the news which allows no such debate or discussion, but then you wouldn't be able to criticize, debate and discuss with those whom you agree or disagree.

By all means legitimately criticise and converse, but it seems to go over the top a little bit. It got to a depressing point on another thread where members were criticising a police officer for helping educate poor students - just because he was a police officer.

In a situation like this you could have video evidence of a particular circumstance and it seems it would not be enough.

Of course it is often the same members who criticise, but I do not understand the constant moaning (which even for me is a lot). A conversation surely doesn't need to be had over and over and over...or does it? Wouldn't it fit into the category of 'boring' also?

Surely people have not become so restricted in their thinking that they believe whatever has happened to them must happen to every single other person in the country also? If people want a consistent nanny-state then they have certainly chose the wrong place to live for a long time. Maybe I have chosen the wrong forum to come also lol. 

20 minutes ago, sklmeeera said:

What a selfish cowardly act .

I dunno. As long as he left enough money for the cleaners. We have the right to do this act. 

I think its vastly misinformed an action. I only think of the pity I feel for anyone so desperate,

that all other options just will not come to mind. 

Many people in this situation want to rid themselves of a being a burden to others. 

I regret that there has not been any followup on the Frenchman's possible suicide.

I dont know if it has been reported back home.

I wish to know what he did for a living and if he had any insurance and quo bono.

And if anybody in the neighbourhood suspected foul play in his death.

Are Frenchmen known to leave suicide notes - I have not known many French in my life, 

less still those who did themselves in.

If he was suffering from depression, who told the press about it. If the police are at

liberty to interview his pschiatrist? Are there psychiatrists or mental health workers

in Thailand. 

Anybody can help?

41 minutes ago, Maggusoil said:

Nice. . . . perhaps a bit of overkill for a suicide

With a good crew you could put one shell in the air on high trajectory then drop the barrell fast enough to put a second on low trajectory and if the timing was right both shells would hit the same spot almost if not exactly at the same time.

On 9/27/2017 at 9:03 PM, SantiSuk said:

About 2 metres away by my reckoning looking at those (albeit big) tiles. Camera perspective makes things look further away than actual if taking in a very close object. Could easily be explained by dropping it and it gaining slide momentum by hitting his knee, arm or arm of the chair for instance; or wife kicking it away when she (presumably ) found him.

Santisuk...... I have sent you a PM (Personal Mail) RE: friend request............. Since you live in Kantharalak............

I agree with your thinking on this OP as well......

5 minutes ago, Laza 45 said:

...and it is true.. I am a family friend.. go back to your beer..

5 minutes ago, Laza 45 said:

...and it is true.. I am a family friend.. go back to your beer..

Do you know how may times a wife said she was out shoping. When somthing dastardly happened to her husband. I am not saying she did it. She has a alibi.

On 28/09/2017 at 10:18 AM, VocalNeal said:

Reached 69 so not a bad innings 

In a wheelchair, out of hope.

Gave his wife the last of his money, out of hope

Logical conclusion...

Let's hope "the last of his money" was a little more than what was in his wallet:blink:

On 9/28/2017 at 10:20 AM, Get Real said:

Yeah, isn´t it amazing what modern technology can produce? :cheesy:

That´s right!

My question in all this is why in the world would the frenchman have a 357 handy in a drawer?
As above states too. It´s just kind of hard to throw the gun away from you after your dead.

Bullet wound to the forehead ?? is not so easy to do usually the choose the right temple or true the mouth and yes the Gun seems to be too far away from the dead body.        but we trust in the ability's of the Law-enforcers to come to the right conclusion

On 9/28/2017 at 4:28 PM, Catoni said:

Actually fairly easy...   Much easier than to try to shoot yourself in the middle of the back.   Instead of pointing the gun away from you, simply turn it around and point it at yourself. Instead of holding it normally, wrap your fingers around the back of the grip, and use your thumbs to fire it instead of you index finger...    Simple ! 

Now place the muzzle to your forehead.... use your thumb/thumbs to press the trigger back. Lights out in a flash.

In a double action revolver, cocking it first would lighten the trigger pull..or push in this case. It would in fact not be difficult.  The difficulty would be getting the nerve to do it. 

On 9/28/2017 at 4:28 PM, Catoni said:

Actually fairly easy...   Much easier than to try to shoot yourself in the middle of the back.   Instead of pointing the gun away from you, simply turn it around and point it at yourself. Instead of holding it normally, wrap your fingers around the back of the grip, and use your thumbs to fire it instead of you index finger...    Simple ! 

Now place the muzzle to your forehead.... use your thumb/thumbs to press the trigger back. Lights out in a flash.

In a double action revolver, cocking it first would lighten the trigger pull..or push in this case. It would in fact not be difficult.  The difficulty would be getting the nerve to do it. 

It would Not push the case in,The cartridge is in the Drum,,the trigger Turns the Drum to line up the next cartridge in line with the barrel for the next shot to be taken. Yep, I wouldn't have I think.

8 minutes ago, digger70 said:

It would Not push the case in,The cartridge is in the Drum,,the trigger Turns the Drum to line up the next cartridge in line with the barrel for the next shot to be taken. Yep, I wouldn't have I think.

They meant push on the trigger, holding the gun the wrong way around and using your thumb to squeeze being the case they spoke of, not the casing of the bullet.

Archived