Big dawn raids target foreign scammers and skimmers in Pattaya

webfact

Big dawn raids target foreign scammers and skimmers in Pattaya

1pm1.jpg

screenshot TNews

PATTAYA: -- A series of dawn raids yesterday targeted foreigners using Thailand as a base for illegal activity.

Some 200 police and soldiers - some heavily armed - were led by chief of the tourist branch Surachet Hakpan.

1pm.jpg

Image: TNews

They had 12 search warrants and were particularly targeting people from Africa who were running romance scams as well as skimmers and money launderers.

Sniffer dogs were also used as drugs were another matter on the raiding parties' radar.

The force made 18 arrests.

Nine suspects were held for not having permission to be in the kingdom. These were people from Uganda, 4, Nigeria, 2, and one each from Iran, Ivory Coast and the UK.

A further 9 suspects were held on overstay. These come from Uzbekistan, 4, India, 2, and one each from Uganda, Cameroon and Iran.

Surachet said that the raids were conducted on apartments, rooms and rental places and there would be no detrimental impact on tourists.

Cameras recorded the chief's movements and the story was reported by Tnews who said that it was principally a crackdown on dark skinned criminals damaging the economy and image of Thailand.

Source: TNews

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-09-29

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, lonewolf99 said:

mmmmm.......Racial profiling sometimes pays off......

Actually it pays off  most of the time In Israel the racial profile at the airport all the time I have seen it and it can be intense They targeted me once. What I am saying is racial profiling is fine Notice there has not been a bomb attack at the Israeli Airport or its planes in a very long time.

It is only the group being targeted that screams blue murder when they are profiled along with liberals.

If it subdues attacks then come on and profile I am tired of the bleeding heart liberals who would put up with attacks in lieu of racial profiling .

Look at it this way the vast majority of men in ISIS are Mid Eastern Right ? So why bother with Chinese  so much and focus on  men of middle eastern descent.  Another example would be Black Panthers in their hay day. I see no reason to target whites when they themselves use a very clear moniker.

Its easy for the left to cry "racist" and then you shrivel up and stop the racial profiling. This is the epitome  of Political correctness and it should stop in countries that are afraid to profile

Another example would be drug smuggling . It is doubtful although there is always an exception but doubtful that a 90 year old will be smuggling drugs

Most mules are between 24 and 35 So should customs concentrate on that profile or check everyone I say PROFILE.

There are you who would disagree with profiling but it works very well There is an old saying "if it works why fix it "

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The force made 18 arrests.

Nine suspects were held for not having permission to be in the kingdom. These were people from Uganda, 4, Nigeria, 2, and one each from Iran, Ivory Coast and the UK.

A further 9 suspects were held on overstay. These come from Uzbekistan, 4, India, 2, and one each from Uganda, Cameroon and Iran.

I hope there were more charges than not having permission to be in the country and overstay. 

Else they didn't make any of their targets.

16 minutes ago, realenglish1 said:

Actually it pays off  most of the time In Israel the racial profile at the airport all the time I have seen it and it can be intense They targeted me once. What I am saying is racial profiling is fine Notice there has not been a bomb attack at the Israeli Airport or its planes in a very long time.

It is only the group being targeted that screams blue murder when they are profiled along with liberals.

If it subdues attacks then come on and profile I am tired of the bleeding heart liberals who would put up with attacks in lieu of racial profiling .

Look at it this way the vast majority of men in ISIS are Mid Eastern Right ? So why bother with Chinese  so much and focus on  men of middle eastern descent.  Another example would be Black Panthers in their hay day. I see no reason to target whites when they themselves use a very clear moniker.

Its easy for the left to cry "racist" and then you shrivel up and stop the racial profiling. This is the epitome  of Political correctness and it should stop in countries that are afraid to profile

Another example would be drug smuggling . It is doubtful although there is always an exception but doubtful that a 90 year old will be smuggling drugs

Most mules are between 24 and 35 So should customs concentrate on that profile or check everyone I say PROFILE.

There are you who would disagree with profiling but it works very well There is an old saying "if it works why fix it "

In London in the 60's after mass coloured immigration women walking alone reported being 'mugged...' a new word in England..In all cases the assailants were described as 'coloured'...The police began a stop and search of gangs of black youths..The liberal left screamed 'racial profiling' and S&S was halted..now black gangs rule the streets of London.

2 hours ago, balo said:

Just a stupid comment by Tnews.  They do catch a lot of white skinned people as well . Especially here in Pattaya. 

Those journalists show just how stupid they are. Labeling Thailand as a racist country is the best way to damage its image. Just catch all wrong doers whatever skin color they are...Fair and just...

1 hour ago, Petchou said:

Next crackdown on too many white pedophiles who damage lives of innocent kids in this country.   

Whatever skin color u are and if u are a wrong doer u should be caught..... Many TV posters are clearly racists. How can you be a racist and live in a foreign country... go back to your country and try to protect your borders..

3 hours ago, realenglish1 said:

Well @realenglish1 that post is a little :offtopic: but I'd like to respond - 'cos I agree wiv ya!

I frequently get stopped at UK Customs when returning from several months in Thailand. Why? Because I have dark features inherited from a Turkish grandfather and, with a tan from Thailand could easily look like a middle-easterner. (People in Thailand  also say I don't look like a farang.)   Plus I usually fly via Dubai or Abu Dhabi therefore raising flags.

Now there was a time when I objected to this obvious racial profiling but after the terrorist attacks in Europe and UK recently, I have changed my views. This is especially true since a friend who is an ex-policeman (quite a senior one) told me just a little of how they investigate such attacks. Regrettably, profiling is one of the arsenal of tools that police worldwide NEED to do their job.

I used to absolutely HATE the right-wing view that "If you've got nothing to hide, you've got nothing to worry about" and I'd go around telling people that it was the thin edge of the wedge and a conspiracy to control us all. However, I want to feel safe and I support the police so my view has moderated somewhat.  As I said this is a little :offtopic:referring as it does to the UK police, not the Thai ones, but I think the principle holds.

Archived