Register Address - owner now has to visit immigration?

Went to Patong immigration for a 90 day report, based on my retirement visa. My paper work was checked and was given a queue number. Immigration officer then told me to do another address registration - this despite all the paper work needed just 6 months earlier for my visa. I had also completed this registration last year but he mumbled something about it not being valid now. I got my landlord to give me a copy of his ID, house registration and room contract. I went back to Patong and the registration officer said the owner needs to attend also. 

I asked for clarification but he just waved me away and refused to speak to me. Nobody else would help. I get the impression I'm not the first to experience this. I've never had to ask my landlord to visit immigration with me. What's changed? Is this a new rule? Is it specific to Patong office? Is it the same at Phuket Town office? What happens if I try to to do the postal 90 day report? Patong office is a complete joke; disorganised, rude and unhelpful. I've never had such problems in 13 years. Any advice is appreciated, particularly if it avoids trying to get my landlord to travel to the immigration office.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

It is the Landlords responsibility to make sure you are

registered  at  their property,they will be fined if they

don't comply,

regards Worgeordie

I understand that as I've completed this process before. Usually, it needs the correct documentation which I submit to immigration. I've never been told to bring the landlord. So, I'm trying to find out if different offices have different procedures?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, metice said:

So, I'm trying to find out if different offices have different procedures?

Yes they do, although this request seems extreme for a 90 day report. If they are insisting on the landlord visiting the immigration office in person there's little you can do. You could try it by post if that office accept postal reports (not all do). You could also try doing it online.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, elviajero said:

Yes they do, although this request seems extreme for a 90 day report. If they are insisting on the landlord visiting the immigration office in person there's little you can do. You could try it by post if that office accept postal reports (not all do). You could also try doing it online.

Perhaps they are refusing to process the 90-day (or anything else) until they get a TM-30 and/or fine-money for it - and insisting the landlord do that TM-30 in-person?

8 hours ago, metice said:

I had also completed this registration last year but he mumbled something about it not being valid now.

Have you been away from your residence and province for more than 24 hours, or out of the country, since the last TM-30 was filed?  Each office has their own rules on this, so just guessing on what their criteria may be.

7 hours ago, metice said:

I understand that as I've completed this process before. Usually, it needs the correct documentation which I submit to immigration. I've never been told to bring the landlord. So, I'm trying to find out if different offices have different procedures?

They do.  I would definitely try Pukhet-Town and at least try to get the 90-day report done.  Maybe they would accept the landlord's docs for the TM-30, also.

Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 1

In   Chiang Mai Province if you leave the country they require they house master which in your case is the landlord to re register the address

I got picked up earlier this year when I did the 90 day reporting as we had been across to Burma for half a day

Even though I have my own yellow house book they require my wife to re register the address

Each province/ office have their own rules

Grin and bare it

I recently went on a business trip to Indonesia. At the Suvarnabhumi Airport, when leaving Thailand, Inside the airport, Royal Thai  Immigration Police has a large counter, I showed a copy of the TM30 to an immigration officer, and asked if my wife, when I returned from Indonesia, had to go to an immigration office with a filled in form . The answer was: a great smile and NO!

Highly recommend you give the online 90-day report a try: 
 https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do?cmd=acceptTerm

Successfully completed my 90-Day Report using that in Phuket on 30 August.  When it works, it's lovely.  Be aware there is a 15-7 day window before your due date during which an application will be accepted.  Outside that window, it will be rejected with a non-specific error message telling you to visit the immigration office.  Also, sometimes you will not receive the automatic email notice that your application has been approved so you may have to use the site to check on your status to see if has been approved.  If it has been approved you need to go on the site and print out your receipt (called Next notification due).  If it's after your report date and you still have not been approved after checking your status you will need to visit Phuket Immigration to complete the process.  You must do this within 7 days after your 90-Day Report due date, if necessary.

Barring that I would submit the 90-Day Report by mail.  There are specific instructions for doing this in Phuket and you must mail it early enough for it to arrive in a timely manner.

Third, I would do it in person at the main Phuket Immigration Office.  Often it is as simple as presenting your passport (which contains your previous 90-Day Report notification receipt and your TM-30 address notification receipt stapled in) and you'll be out in a matter of a few minutes.

I would avoid the Patong satellite immigration office like the plague.  While there is nothing official that states this I believe the Patong office was set up for the convenience of tourists and that the Immigration Officers who work there believe this to be true and consequently make it difficult for expats and those staying long-term to use that office.  Use the Phuket Immigration Office and you may find that all your problems disappear.  Or not.  This is Thailand, after all ;-)

19 minutes ago, lamecn said:

I showed a copy of the TM30 to an immigration officer, and asked if my wife, when I returned from Indonesia, had to go to an immigration office with a filled in form . The answer was: a great smile and NO!

But it ain't the IO that gets fined when you missus doesn't report. I see this a money making machine. My missus got fined 500 Baht, no receipt. That's after living here 12 years.

Edited by sinbin

Just returned from Phuket Town office. The address registration and 90 day report were completed efficiently by one officer in 10 mins. The landlord does not need to be There. they did explain that if you leave the country you need to re-register your address each time. The foreign volunteer staff could be more helpful.

I witnessed several unhappy foreigners at Patong. Not just the registration problem. They seem to be creating difficulties to give people the runaround. One guy was told to visit the police station, whilst another was told to go back to the airport for some reason. Different rules and very rude staff. Lots of irate people and doors slamming.

Avoid Patong immigration office!

• Like 2

I did my 24 hrs registration report yesterday in Chonburi Immigration, since I am the owner I filled out all paperwork, brought nothing from the Condo Juristic person, no copy ID card, no Bldg Registration like previous visits, nothing but my pspt, departure card, filled in form, Blue book.........took about 3 minutes (after waiting in que for 20 mins)  I commented to the lady 'That was easy' she smiled and said "In future, it will be on-line, even easier"

• Like 1

On Samui they don't want the TM30 form, they want you to register your arrival online within 24h.

I created a user and registered myself and printed out a receipt.

Done with help from the missus as all pull down menus were in Thai. :wacko:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

On Samui they don't want the TM30 form, they want you to register your arrival online within 24h.

I created a user and registered myself and printed out a receipt.

Done with help from the missus as all pull down menus were in Thai. :wacko:

It would be great to do the arrival address registration online if the immigration office were willing to allow non-businesses to do so.  Maybe you could share how your wife was able to get an account at immigration?

8 minutes ago, skatewash said:

It would be great to do the arrival address registration online if the immigration office were willing to allow non-businesses to do so.  Maybe you could share how your wife was able to get an account at immigration?

The provincial immigration office for Surat Thani has their own online reporting site so that individuals can register.

The nationwide site requires registration at a immigration office.

• Thanks 2

• 5 months later...
On 10/4/2017 at 2:09 PM, ubonjoe said:

The provincial immigration office for Surat Thani has their own online reporting site so that individuals can register.

The nationwide site requires registration at a immigration office.

Now Phuket Immigration offers online address registration to everyone.  Details here: 

• 10 months later...

This an old thread, but I just came across it having some issues with address registration myself.

For future info, if the landlord is not available to accompany you to Immigration Office for address registration he needs to fill up a power of attorney form, sign it and stick a 10 baht stamp to it, then you are good to go alone. (That is how they want it in Phuket City office.)

I have been away from Chonburi (to bangkok and sisaket) and I never reproted a new TM30. Jomtien office gladly accepted my 90-day report. Apparently, Jomtien office does not require new TM30 every every time one returns from an out of province visit. Or may be they are unabale to determine it. 

1 hour ago, onera1961 said:

I have been away from Chonburi (to bangkok and sisaket) and I never reproted a new TM30. Jomtien office gladly accepted my 90-day report. Apparently, Jomtien office does not require new TM30 every every time one returns from an out of province visit. Or may be they are unabale to determine it. 

How on earth would they know,  did you tell them.... ?  lol

• Like 1

Never been asked in Chonburi and probably never will in the future. Been travelling between provinces and in and out of the kingdom several times the last 12-24 months.  

Edited by balo

So I was refused address registering in Phuket Town IO yesterday,  they picked on the condo/house numbers not being the same,  9 and 9/1 being different etc. ,  never did this in the previous years,  the owners are sisters and own the whole street,  so they just give any old land registry document and it worked in the past.... I said I'm in the apartment 1 of condominium 9, which is true, but that didn't work... ! lol.

Anyway,  I talked to one of the sisters today,  she actually registered online, for 9, 9/1, 9/14 and a few more (it showed on her account) . So we went on the website on her tiny phone and with my help put all my details in and submitted it, funny in there it never asked for exact condo/house number !... It shows as notification submitted for my name if we log out and login again,  but I can't reopen the details page to get a screenshot. Also she said when she register others she never receives a reply or confirmation.  She is old and I'm guessing they email back and she doesn't check,  or has put wrong/old email address or phone number.

So my question is how do I know if it is confirmed and I'm registered properly,  can I go to IO office,  or can I see something if we login again on this site in a few days ...!?  (I couldn't see any other farang registered on her account or conformation, although it says it only shows last 7 days!,   but she hasn't done any recently anyway....!) 

I was under the impression that you had already reported you place of residence as to where you will be staying on your TM6 Arrival Card when you enter the country. The next time you would have to report it, would be 3 months later.

Also if you had a Yellow House book you would not have to take the owner.

If you had a Thai ID card I presume that would also be acceptable. 

Someone may put me on the right track in relation to these three matters I mentioned.

3 minutes ago, OZEMADE said:

I was under the impression that you had already reported you place of residence as to where you will be staying on your TM6 Arrival Card when you enter the country. The next time you would have to report it, would be 3 months later.

The TM.6 is for the foreigner to say where they are going to stay. Then once you arrive at that address someone should confirm your arrival/stay. 

Then if/as you move around someone reports your arrival/stay (TM.30).

3 minutes ago, OZEMADE said:

Also if you had a Yellow House book you would not have to take the owner.

If you had a Thai ID card I presume that would also be acceptable. 

Someone may put me on the right track in relation to these three matters I mentioned.

Yellow house book in itself means nothing. A Thai ID card would not be accepted either.

If the foreigner is the owner or possessor of a property some offices will allow them to submit the TM.30 themselves.

In 15 years I have never reported on arrival to immigration. On the rare occasion I have had to report to immigration because of staying longer than 90 days. Currently travelling around Thailand the hotels report me staying with them for 1 or 2 nights, taking copy of Passport. However Thai wife never ever filled form in or had to report personally to immigration.

Sounds like this is now changing, is this being enforced at Pattaya Immigration yet.

On 10/4/2017 at 1:00 PM, TunnelRat69 said:

I did my 24 hrs registration report yesterday in Chonburi Immigration, since I am the owner I filled out all paperwork, brought nothing from the Condo Juristic person, no copy ID card, no Bldg Registration like previous visits, nothing but my pspt, departure card, filled in form, Blue book.........took about 3 minutes (after waiting in que for 20 mins)  I commented to the lady 'That was easy' she smiled and said "In future, it will be on-line, even easier"

Blue book..... ? That, I and a lot want to know if that is for real. Except when a Condo is in the game, then ofcourse yellow one with your name (chao baan) and the blue is empty.

• Thanks 1