Pretty Thai girl and her mum ripped me off for 50,000 baht engagement dowry, says factory worker

webfact

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Myran said:

"Hi, I just met your daughter in a market, can I move in?"

Yes, if you can pay an advance of 50k + a gold chain - the pillow I give you for free...;)

12 minutes ago, manhood said:

Why pay money for an engagement??????????????????????

Would never do that....

so that stupid guy learned a lesson and that's it!

The mother was selling goods and not delivering......looks like a WIDE range of goods.

Thai man paid dowry to date his girlfriend of three weeks and never saw her again

By Coconuts Bangkok

erfg.JPG

Screenshot: Amarin TV

A 32-year-old Thai man was hoping that a THB50,000 (about US$1,500) dowry would pave the way to true love with his beautiful girlfriend of three weeks, but after the traditional engagement ceremony held at her family’s home, he never saw her again.

Factory worker Boonchuay Moontham yesterday filed a complaint with Pathum Thani police, saying he believed his fiancée had tricked him into the engagement only to flee with the dowry.

Boonchuay said he first met his fiancée, “Arisa,” who sold products at a market in Nava Nakorn area, on Sept. 3. Shortly after they began dating, Arisa introduced him to her parents and, just three weeks into their relationship, that’s when he faced the big demand.

Full Story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/thai-man-paid-dowry-to-date-his-girlfriend-of-three-weeks-and-never-saw-her-again/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-10-4

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Pretty Thai girl and her mum ripped me off for 50,000 baht engagement dowry, says factory worker

6pm.jpg

Picture Thai Rath

A factory worker in Pathum Thani went to police to say he had been ripped off by a pretty woman who promised to marry him.

The woman seems to have been in league with her mother.

Bunchuai Moontham, 32, told Klong 1 police that he met Orisa at a market in Nawa Nakorn where she was selling things.

After their meeting in early September he went to her house and asked her mother if he could move in.

She said "no way" and demanded that he do the right thing and get engaged first then she would let him stay.

He offered 20,000 baht as an engagement dowry but again mum refused saying that "relatives in Udon Thani" insisted that the dowry must be 50,000 baht.

Bunchuai agreed and a ceremony was arranged at their house for September 24th.

The night before Bunchuai told police that he caught his future wife chatting with another man on the Line application and confronted her.

She said: "I'm not married yet - I can talk to whoever I want".

The alarm bells had not rung for Bunchuai who was keen to get his hands on the pretty young woman.

The ceremony went ahead and a 5,000 baht necklace was handed over along with the cash - then mother and daughter disappeared.

Bunchuai said subsequent investigations revealed that the pair were running an online scam selling goods but not delivering.

It appeared that they had now turned to doing the same with him in a different way.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-10-04

Damn 50,000band gets no shag!!! Better off going to soapy 

8 hours ago, rkidlad said:

It's almost as if paying for a bride is a seriously flawed and bad idea. 

I'm pretty sure the old saying 'you can't buy love' is a universal truth. 

When I came here 20 years ago, walking around the mall on Huay Kaew in Chiang Mai with a beautiful local cashier on my arm I heard the two songs that should be banned in LOS. Beatles Cant Buy Me Love and J Lo Love Don't  Cost A Thing!!???

1 hour ago, MUSICMAN16 said:

nowadays women are all bitch worldwide!!!!!!!!

my advice dont marry none of these evil money grabbing dok tong sopaynee whores

Aaaahhhhh yeah mate.  Now slowly back  away from the keyboard. Deep breath. There's  a good boy. ?

The sad thing about this is guys pay for it still, mind you they are usually old farts, ugly and losers so I can see why they pay. sad to see a young guy loose out.

If you have to pay for it, give it a miss as its just prostitution. Some will try and sell you anything at an inflated price even though its been well used.

The young guy will get over it and learn from it I expect.

5 hours ago, mark01 said:

Ahhhh....! We've all been there.

Well, not really. I pay by the hour.

You're right on both counts. Years ago, I lost Bt.12000. I gave it to a cute young Thai gal who said she would move in with me.  She didn't.  I felt like a dummy for about 90 minutes, ....then got over it.

8 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Since when is there an engagement Sin Sod? Isn't It usually part of the marriage ceremony.

The sin sot is for the parents and for the future wife there is the "khongman". Both had to be given back if there is no marriage because of the bride...

8 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Since when is there an engagement Sin Sod? Isn't It usually part of the marriage ceremony.

Typical village stupidity

Seen it before, Boy & girl seem to be seeing each other alot so cough up, then the boy doesn't want her & the parents come raging in

3 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

I have a few questions.

Why did he need a place to stay so desperately?

He meets her and 2 weeks later he wants to marry her?

He did not have any friends or family that could talk to him or he could stay with?

This guy seems to be strange.  He can not find a place to stay does not have the money for a room but can afford 50k.  Just seems strange.  

No not strange at all or lets say for half of them

Worked with a little old Atalian once who came here many years back& he described them like the black people of Auss so he got the hell out of here ( they can sell booze & money a mile off)

6 hours ago, Crash999 said:

No, it's presented at the engagement ceremony. The formal process is the groom and family go the house of the bride and present the dowry to her parents. Then the parents give permission to marry and the groom fetches the bride and then the rest of the ceremony starts. 

No this isn't correct. Many parents want to see the dowry so they know the groom is for real but only the Tong Mun (gold gift) is given to the prospective bride at the Phitee Mun (engagement ceremony). A few weeks later at the Koo Mun (wedding ceremony), the Sin Sod (dowry) is presented to the bride's parents. A Sin Sod is not required if the prospective bride has been married before, has children or is not a virgin.

https://marrythailand.com/thailand-dowry.php

14 minutes ago, Jaggg88 said:

No this isn't correct. Many parents want to see the dowry so they know the groom is for real but only the Tong Mun (gold gift) is given to the prospective bride at the Phitee Mun (engagement ceremony). A few weeks later at the Koo Mun (wedding ceremony), the Sin Sod (dowry) is presented to the bride's parents. A Sin Sod is not required if the prospective bride has been married before, has children or is not a virgin.

https://marrythailand.com/thailand-dowry.php

what are dowry rules if 1 or 2 orifices are still virginal ??

4 hours ago, speckio said:

scamming desperate people out of their money is pretty easy!... when you are desperate you are almost willing to believe anything if you think it will get you want you want.

a fool and his money are soon parted

I have very little sympathy for people who dont have enough common sense to spot an obvious con!!! 

"I have very little sympathy for people who dont have enough common sense to spot an obvious con!!!"

therefore if you live in thailand u must be basking in sorrow ??

•  

Archived