Accommodation in and around Khon Kaen

manxboy

As anyone any information on good accommodation in and around Khon Khaen for Nov. Dec. 2017 and part of Jan. 2018 for retired English man & wife, prefer near good pub.

Also a good dentist for my wife. Many thanks. Alan Smith

The Mai Thai guest house is worth a look, good price and they have a small bar of their own. You need transportation to get into the main part of the city but there are plenty of taxis or baht bus around.

4 hours ago, manxboy said:

As anyone any information on good accommodation in and around Khon Khaen for Nov. Dec. 2017 and part of Jan. 2018 for retired English man & wife, prefer near good pub.

Also a good dentist for my wife. Many thanks. Alan Smith

The Pullman is the best hotel in town. It is expensive if you book direct so you may want to look at some of the booking agents on Tripadvisor.com just to compare. There are some good pubs and restaurants near the Pullman and they have good pubs and restaurants in the basement and lower floors. Just up the road is the Glacier Hotel which is good. Can't help you with the dentist.

We are looking at booking a hotel in khon Kaen but shocked about the prices of rooms from the last time we stayed in khon Kaen, we stayed in the kosa hotel for new year 2015\16 and we paid about 1200 baht per night, the same room is now over 2000 baht p!us with the exchange rate, it's making it £50 a night. I normally use Agoda for booking hotels, so I have not checked other sites, but just wondering if the Chinese tourists are arriving by the coach load. The kosa is my hotel of choice been in the centre and a good breakfast, but not at £50 

Hotels.com have the Kosa at just over 1,000bt per night. Also have a number of new hotels that are even cheaper. 

Edit: Just looked at Agoda and they are even cheaper, even for New Year! 2,800bt incl taxes for three nights. Are you looking at suite or room prices?

You can Goggle; Roma Hotel, Khon Kaen, 500 baht/night..

and.. Phu Inn Hotel, Khon Kaen, 350 baht .. both very good located..

many bath buses stop close..   and open restaurants around.

When in Khon Kaen, I always stay in Phu Inn Hotel..

You can  stay in either of this 2 Hotels  the first days in  Khon Kaen

Slightly off topic. Does anyone have any recent experience with Kosa in KK ? I satyed there a few time some years back & while it would have been a palace in it's day, it was starting to date. Was in need of major update or at lease major maintenance.

Thanks in advance.

Slightly off topic. Does anyone have any recent experience with Kosa in KK ? I satyed there a few time some years back & while it would have been a palace in it's day, it was starting to date. Was in need of major update or at lease major maintenance.
Thanks in advance.

I stayed there last year and as you say it's very dated but still clean and worth a stay still in my book. I paid around 1200 baht.
Breakfast was good.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

17 hours ago, Kadilo said:

I stayed there last year and as you say it's very dated but still clean and worth a stay still in my book. I paid around 1200 baht.
Breakfast was good.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Friend of mine stayed there recently. He will never return to that hotel. Dirty dirty dirty, was the verdict.

I have stayed at the kosa 2 before, the last time was 20 months ago and was there for new years eve. I arrived fit and healthy and I left with a virus that was with me for a couple of months, we made friends with a couple and the guy was very ill with a virus, on the day the couple left, we were asked to change room's and got moved into the couple's room, I blame that for he virus. It's very old fashioned, good breakfast, massage place up stairs look very dirty. Also stayed in SF biz near the train station, cheap and nasty . Noise from bars to the early hours with loud bass TV is good with true vision, breakfast is a running buffet, it you don't run, you will miss it, waste of time to be honest. Looking for another small hotel with ture vision TV for the F1 races over in the USA and Mexico.sad I know.

Archived