Engagement dowry latest! Thai woman hits back saying she's innocent!

webfact

Engagement dowry latest! Thai woman hits back saying she's innocent!

3pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

The Thai trader who a man in Pathum Thani said disappeared with a 50,000 baht engagement dowry and a gold necklace has presented herself to Klong Luang police.

She said she is innocent.

A 32 year old factory worker said he met her at a market in Nawa Nakorn. After a brief courtship a ceremony was arranged and the money was handed over. Then he said the prospective bride did a runner.

But the 25 year old woman said yesterday it was all rubbish. She said they had remained in contact throughout.

It was true she went up country for a week - she went with her mother on some business, she told police.

She said she had lost out in all this too. She might return some of his money.

No charges have been made. Officer Suriya told Sanook that the woman

is entitled to make a counter claim.

But police want both sides to get together in their presence to come to an agreement.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-10-05

" She might return some of his money." might.

"But police want both sides to get together in their presence to come to an agreement.",
why  dont the police just do their job and arrest her. 

regards worgeordie

The scary part in all of this is how some people think. People take others' money and think they haven't done anything wrong. This is usually where your parents, teachers, police, etc, would show you the error in your ways. Without this you just live life deluded that you can do no wrong because everything should benefit you.

54 minutes ago, webfact said:

She said she had lost out in all this too.

I dont see how.

55 minutes ago, webfact said:

She might return some of his money.

"Might" and "some". Sounds like Thaispeak for "wont" and "any'" to me. "Will" and "all" would make better reading.

53 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

"But police want both sides to get together in their presence to come to an agreement.",

regards worgeordie

Because the Police want their cut for 'making the arrangement'.    Thought you'd be around these parts long enough to know how these things work !

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

regards worgeordie

I don't know but in my home country this would be a civil matter, its not easy to proof defrauding. If a debtor does not pay up you can expect the police to arrest him. Many times these monetary matters need to go to civil court. 

4 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Without this you just live life deluded that you can do no wrong because everything should benefit you.

bravissimo, you have just defined "planet thailand"                            apologies in advance to notable exceptions and exceptional people

I had two truly upstanding Thai gfs, one a government officer in the Education Ministry and the other a plastic surgery nurse. So I entertained the notion that, like in any other place, excluding bargirls, prostitutes and desperate peasants, other "nice" Thai women would be equally acquainted with moral behavior. So, with the next gf in BKK I left my wallet out while I was in the shower. Nothing vanished from it, but I had to get four credit cards replaced once the unauthorized online shopping sales appeared. Thank goodness most US-based credit cards are good about this. I didn't lose a penny, just the inconvenience of waiting a week or so for all the replacements (that short a time because I was back in the States). I thought it was pretty good customer service considering I told them the truth, not making up any "lost card" stories.

I fail to understand why the media continue to pixelate her face, or show photos of the side of her neck yet they are ruthless in posting photos of other offenders.

There is no question she took the money, there is no question it has no been returned. She has openly admitted not all of the money would be returned.

Why are we not seeing her face like we see all the Farang, Russian, African, Khmer, Taiwanese and Korean faces?

Does the law which protects accused parties only apply to those holding the passports of the land the law applies?

8 hours ago, worgeordie said:

regards worgeordie

Steady on, Arrest her? She's not a Farrang!

9 hours ago, worgeordie said:

regards worgeordie

It makes them feel important, and they are never shy when it comes to the press. Cheers, L.D. (Been years since I've posted here, good to see some of you still around) 

8 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Because the Police want their cut for 'making the arrangement'.    Thought you'd be around these parts long enough to know how these things work !

pathetic childish comment from a real Thai basher unless of course you have definite proof of what you claim.

16 hours ago, worgeordie said:

regards worgeordie

Arrest her.... what for?

10 hours ago, Dustdevil said:

I had two truly upstanding Thai gfs, one a government officer in the Education Ministry and the other a plastic surgery nurse. So I entertained the notion that, like in any other place, excluding bargirls, prostitutes and desperate peasants, other "nice" Thai women would be equally acquainted with moral behavior. So, with the next gf in BKK I left my wallet out while I was in the shower. Nothing vanished from it, but I had to get four credit cards replaced once the unauthorized online shopping sales appeared. Thank goodness most US-based credit cards are good about this. I didn't lose a penny, just the inconvenience of waiting a week or so for all the replacements (that short a time because I was back in the States). I thought it was pretty good customer service considering I told them the truth, not making up any "lost card" stories.

Funnily enough I often use bar girls.....and others ......and have never had anything stolen..even leave my wallet on the table next to the bed.Even passed out pissed during  bj one time ...wallet was 1000 baht lighter...the other 10,000 was still there. She took her fee that we had agreed on...no problem!

9 hours ago, TheGhostWithin said:

I fail to understand why the media continue to pixelate her face, or show photos of the side of her neck yet they are ruthless in posting photos of other offenders.

There is no question she took the money, there is no question it has no been returned. She has openly admitted not all of the money would be returned.

Why are we not seeing her face like we see all the Farang, Russian, African, Khmer, Taiwanese and Korean faces?

Does the law which protects accused parties only apply to those holding the passports of the land the law applies?

Maybe she has done nothing illegal?

The money was offered voluntarily...and she took it. Doesn't mean she HAS to marry him.

£700 to buy a Thai wife, hey that's cheap, I was asked for 2 million, to which the reply was Up Yours there are plenty more fish in the sea. We have been married 10 years and not 1 baht was paid. The wife knows where she is best off, but she was never a Bar girl that is for sure and I was never desperate.

19 hours ago, rkidlad said:

The scary part in all of this is how some people think. People take others' money and think they haven't done anything wrong. This is usually where your parents, teachers, police, etc, would show you the error in your ways. Without this you just live life deluded that you can do no wrong because everything should benefit you.

And all is repaired by perhaps giving some of it back!!!

On 10/5/2017 at 9:30 AM, rkidlad said:

.............like the lady that found a cellphone and wanted 5000 baht finder's fee or wouldn't return the phone.  She still thinks she was right in asking for money and still believes she didn't steal the phone, she found it!!!.

On 10/5/2017 at 9:56 AM, KittenKong said:

I dont see how.

"Might" and "some". Sounds like Thaispeak for "wont" and "any'" to me. "Will" and "all" would make better reading.

Don't you know how it goes here, get honey, give money.  No money, no honey.:wai: :sorry:

Archived