Pattaya City Hall admits Koh Larn in "crisis" as trash takes over

webfact

11 hours ago, newnative said:

As usual, the problem nicely identified and, as usual, no solution identified.  We got the exact same thing with the sewer problem story.  Time for some action, fellas.

actually problem ignored, as usual, until it starts to hit them in the pocket or publicised adversely on facebook then someone finally accepts there is a problem...

ban plastics...sell food in washable plates and glasses...a country out of control with plastics and automobiles....but that would mean thais have to change...and we all know that wont happen in our lifetime..

TAT boast on a monthly basis about how many gazillion baht Thailand recieves from tourism , perhaps they should invest some of it.

Even the Zero baht Chinese and the Siberians escaping the snow are going to wise up eventually , rubbish dumps are not worth visiting !

On 10/5/2017 at 10:22 AM, webfact said:

And it is going up by up to 30 tons each and every day.

Sinchai Wattanasatsathorn told Sophon that the situation was showing no sign of abating.

With 10,000 visitors to the island daily it was just getting worse and worse.

10,000 visitors each day producing 66,000 pounds of trash? (Assuming metric tons...)    I may carry 6.6 pounds of stuff with me on a day outing, but most of that will get eaten, drunk, slathered on my white-white skin or taken back with me.  Maybe 0.5 pounds of that will be waste. (Most of that goes back with me, too- unless I have to do a #2)

They need to see where it's really coming from.

On 10/6/2017 at 7:17 PM, eliotness said:

I suggest anyone interested read wikkapedia "waste management in Thailand"   It seems that when the junta took over they promised to sort out the waste management problem. So what's happened ?????

Same thing that's happened to the previous 20 or 30 governments.  Greed gets in the way of investing to keep the resource viable.

2 hours ago, impulse said:

Same thing that's happened to the previous 20 or 30 governments.  Greed gets in the way of investing to keep the resource viable.

Had to laugh at all that laudatory  "new sheriff on the block" nonsense after the coup. Not hearing that anymore. Meanwhile, just as after the last coup, the military has run up the debt buying toys and spending more on themselves. SO predictable.

Archived