All Tesco Lotus stores to close for Royal Funeral on October 26th

webfact

All Tesco Lotus stores to close for Royal Funeral on October 26th

5pm.jpg

Image: Manager Online

All 1,900 Tesco Lotus outlets nationwide will shut on the afternoon of October 26th. They will reopen as normal next day.

Executive John Christy said that this will enable all the companies 63,000 employees to take part in events and watch the cremation of His Majesty the late Rama IX who meant so much to the Thai people.

It is in the first time in the store's 23 year association with Thailand that they are closing temporarily.

Big stores will reopen on the 27th as per normal schedules and smaller Tesco Express stores will be open from 6am on the 27th also.

Merit making at Tesco Lotus stores will be available to the public from this Saturday.

Source: Manager Online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-10-05

2 hours ago, BuaBS said:

Lotus couldn't give them a whole day ? :shock1:

They are the first to announce anything at all.

Will others join in?

My conclusion: expect disruption of many services starting in the afternoon of Oct 26.

(offices are closed anyway as it is an extra public holiday)

I am sure TV members can survive Tesco being shut for a few hours.

Saying they couldnt give them a whole day is in my opinion pointless, at least they are doing something.

If they closed a whole day, some other members would moan about it.

9 minutes ago, Godang said:

On that day alcohol sales will be banned. 

You missed my point, but you are quite right, no sales on that day and who knows when else.T

There's usually mass panic on TVF whenever a ban on alcohol sales is mentioned. No forward planning by some.

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

They are the first to announce anything at all.

Will others join in?

My conclusion: expect disruption of many services starting in the afternoon of Oct 26.

(offices are closed anyway as it is an extra public holiday)

I think you will find there will be more than just the one day public holiday, expect an announcement anytime soon-simply a guess though.

In addition a few days when alcohol sales will be banned, not just the one,another guess. 1507625.GIF

Archived