Thailand again listed as deadliest spot for Australians abroad last year

webfact

On 10/8/2017 at 3:20 PM, tingtongtourist said:

Well, the way they treat their own make you see why they go silly in Thailand.

In some club they will refuse to serve you even after 3 beers as there is all sorts of laws they must abide with.

In a few places i went they wont even let you in to another club if you are walking around even just a little before midnight..

they can have it..Sanook of all kind banned in Aus

The laws you are talking about relate to what’s know as responsible service of alcohol brought in because of problems with a minority of people who couldn’t control themselves after consuming alcohol, as I said in an earlier post a sledge hammer to crack a peanut,

In relation to Clubs they are not public places and you have to be a member although most will allow visitors with certain restrictions 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/5/2017 at 1:01 PM, lordblackader said:

Given the link is behind a paywall, here's the DFAT report the article was based on. 

Thailand/ Australian numbers

4th for overseas destination : 529,000

1st place for Smarttraveller queries: 389,583 views

1st place for embassy assistance cases: 893

1st place for hospitalizations: 195

1st place for deaths: 203

1st place for missing persons: 74

4th place for arrests: 100

4th place for imprisonment: 26

2nd place for drug related arrests: 13 "active cases"

7th place for lost/ stolen passports: 115

if your numbers are accurate, thank you

1 hour ago, StevieAus said:

The laws you are talking about relate to what’s know as responsible service of alcohol brought in because of problems with a minority of people who couldn’t control themselves after consuming alcohol, as I said in an earlier post a sledge hammer to crack a peanut,

In relation to Clubs they are not public places and you have to be a member although most will allow visitors with certain restrictions 

I notice these changes since i was last in Australia in the 70/80s. You did work hard and play hard and life was good.

IMO all the regulation on everything has made it easy for these really bad drugs to take hold.

They jail ppl on the weed, tax beer and cigarrettes out of reach of working class.

Now look, they have a huge problem (so i am told) with meth and the bad stuff.

keep taking away peoples simple pleasures and will always get worse

11 hours ago, tingtongtourist said:

I notice these changes since i was last in Australia in the 70/80s. You did work hard and play hard and life was good.

IMO all the regulation on everything has made it easy for these really bad drugs to take hold.

They jail ppl on the weed, tax beer and cigarrettes out of reach of working class.

Now look, they have a huge problem (so i am told) with meth and the bad stuff.

keep taking away peoples simple pleasures and will always get worse

Totally agree one of the reasons I choose to live here sick of the Nanny State and particularly paying taxes for those who don’t want to work

Read a report last year that 40% of all Australians received some form of Government monetary benefit

If Aussies would conduct themselves properly, especially when they are drinking, they would not have the problems. Many seem to become complete a-holes when they drink.  I guess they were never taught how to handle their liquor.

On 05/10/2017 at 7:01 PM, joecoolfrog said:

Only in certain respects , way behind in others .

Not " only in", but "all economic  terms" it's way in front, culturally it's different to Western ideals/practices  & so be it; if live here, accept the difference, we're "guests" no matter how long you've been here.

Archived