No Guarantee Of 2018 Elections, Prawit Says

webfact

13 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

If history was to show a pattern, 2 military governments in the past that hold on to power more than 4 years exited quite dramatically and in disgrace. Those periods of mainly poor and subservient population. Not now with a woken mass of the population; thanks to social media and that yolk lifted from many of them. 

Not to mention the price of eggs

12 hours ago, yellowboat said:

That at least sounds like the truth.  The junta enjoys being in power.  Trouble is nobody other than the exceptionally timid, exceptionally brainwashed or the exceptionally ill informed likes them in power. 

Or the plain old exceptionally ill informed, out of touch and frustrated thai visa posters with their own agenda.

Most Thais I know either are happy that the shit storm of the reds has stopped or simply don't care as the 'junta' has not affected their lives one iota.

There is still the need to "strengthen public unity and harmony" or to prevent any act that undermines public peace.

However article 44 could bite them back? At some point the legality of such draconian law will be challenged.

It would be a cruel twist of fate to see half a dozen of the current regime loose all their possession's and end up in goal. They probably don't have the cash reserves to take flight?

Time will tell, but history does repeat itself.

9 hours ago, YetAnother said:

even a fool like trump wouldnt believe a thai who proudly proclaimed he was all powerful and could do whatever he wanted; bet trump had to look up where thailand even was

Well trump did ask him if it was the end of lies, apparently not.

17 hours ago, webfact said:

it did not mean they would be held in 2018.

Prawat's correct and maybe Trump assumed something different (not being a good listener?):

"General Prayut had assured Trump during their meeting at the White House on Tuesday that an election date would be announced next year, with the election to follow within 150 days."

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30328424

If an election date is announced in December 2018, the election would follow no later than May 2019. That still provides adequate time after the elections for a new government and NLA to be installed prior to the beginning of fiscal year 2020 that begins October 1, 2019.

3 hours ago, tryasimight said:

Or the plain old exceptionally ill informed, out of touch and frustrated thai visa posters with their own agenda.

Most Thais I know either are happy that the shit storm of the reds has stopped or simply don't care as the 'junta' has not affected their lives one iota.

Ah yes, the wise foreigner who sees basic freedoms and participatory government as an "agenda", and thinks nothing of the usurping of power from an elected government.  Sadly, you have taken for granted such benefits you got to enjoy.   

Having had the benefit working with the average Thai in and outside of Thailand, I would have to disagree.  Also am quite happy with those on this forum who are so out of touch as to believe in basic freedoms and a government chosen by the people. 

Actually having been through both coups or "shit storm", as you have chosen to put it, all that was apparent was the average Thai showed great restraint and was well behaved.  I find these exaggerations to be rather insulting to the average Thai and do nothing but create an atmosphere of hate.

14 hours ago, wirat69 said:

So many here shoot their mouth off without First engaging brain....

it it is so simple... expect an announcement on 2 November 2018 that the election (150 dates hence) will be on 1 April 2019!!!

Or on 29 February of the same year...

20 hours ago, webfact said:

Gen. Prawit, who is also deputy prime minister, said

does anyone , any thinking people, really believe what these people say ? people like this, promising things over a year away....there are innumerable excuses to further delay that they will come up with along the way

19 hours ago, baboon said:

'Let them eat cake' has become 'Let them eat sh!t'. So let them. I have little to no sympathy anymore, to be honest.

I must say I'm nearly with you on that point. If they can't organise then they deserve being Serfs coz that is what they are.

24 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

I must say I'm nearly with you on that point. If they can't organise then they deserve being Serfs coz that is what they are.

Quite. 'Nobody else gives a crap so why should I?' springs to mind...

One of the very few times Pawtwit has made an honest answer, not bad coming from a Government of rouges and lairs and 2 think I and many,  supported Prayut for the first 3 months till their true colors started showing. ............................:bah:

On Thursday, October 05, 2017 at 7:18 AM, Deez said:

Thai people have had enough! What can they do?  Stay in line or called in for "attitude adjustment"    Sad, sinking ship

Nonsense , at least 14 respected TV members and their pet monkeys assure me that the country is nowadays happyness personified.

The average man in the street skips to work every morning and has to restrain himself from spontaniously breaking into song....honest !

On Thursday, October 05, 2017 at 8:36 PM, tryasimight said:

Did both of them really say that ?

39 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

Did both of them really say that ?

You never to talk to Thais?

Try it sometime you may be surprised what the real people think and not the TV brigade who tell you what they think the Thais think....or what they would like the Thais to think.

On 10/6/2017 at 6:26 AM, yellowboat said:

Ah yes, the wise foreigner who sees basic freedoms and participatory government as an "agenda", and thinks nothing of the usurping of power from an elected government.  Sadly, you have taken for granted such benefits you got to enjoy.   

Having had the benefit working with the average Thai in and outside of Thailand, I would have to disagree.  Also am quite happy with those on this forum who are so out of touch as to believe in basic freedoms and a government chosen by the people. 

Actually having been through both coups or "shit storm", as you have chosen to put it, all that was apparent was the average Thai showed great restraint and was well behaved.  I find these exaggerations to be rather insulting to the average Thai and do nothing but create an atmosphere of hate.

Please tell me how the government was usurped...Yingluck was not PM at the time, in fact there was no government effectively.

The shit storm I referred to was not any of the coups that have taken place but the actions of the reds lead by Thaksin, please do not put your words into my mouth.

Basic freedoms for the ordinary Thai doesn't appear to be much different than pre-coup. People go about their daily business unimpeded.

A lot of the propaganda that people spew out is just that....the average Thai has not been affected from what I have seen.

Sure there can be no congregation for political purposes (5 people?)......but most people would not and have never done that anyway previously.

George Orwell would be proud of your doublespeak......but I and a lot of other people do not fall for it.

6 hours ago, tryasimight said:

Please tell me how the government was usurped...Yingluck was not PM at the time, in fact there was no government effectively.

The shit storm I referred to was not any of the coups that have taken place but the actions of the reds lead by Thaksin, please do not put your words into my mouth.

Basic freedoms for the ordinary Thai doesn't appear to be much different than pre-coup. People go about their daily business unimpeded.

A lot of the propaganda that people spew out is just that....the average Thai has not been affected from what I have seen.

Sure there can be no congregation for political purposes (5 people?)......but most people would not and have never done that anyway previously.

George Orwell would be proud of your doublespeak......but I and a lot of other people do not fall for it.

Fall for what ?  Freedoms ?  Fairness ?   Not sure how that is double speak. 

Yingluck was removed from office without any sort of due process.  The paralysis of the city was allowed to happen.  Elected government removed by a military government means a coup.  If you wish to use the sanitized government's explanation of events, you may do so, but why did they not just have another election ?  Why does the Army ALWAYS need to step in ?  The violence is minimal as was the need for security.

Your main point seems to be that elected government, military government it's all good in Thailand.  Thailand remains the same.

Many see where things are going and are saddened by lack of opportunity, xenophobia and poor governance.  The military government has not made much progress.  Places like China enjoy freedoms and financial opportunities not found in Thailand.  The average Thai works very hard for little money, and the military governments of past and present have not helped at them at all. 

Instead of talking about George, lets talk about Ben:  "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."  Ben Franklin .  

6 hours ago, tryasimight said:

"unimpeded"?  really?

You mean they could actually meet, chat about politics?  form political parties?  post on FB whatever they want?  actually FORM a view?  debate that view?  sounds like a really cool place but it's not Thailand.

Archived