Thai man kicks Toyota Yaris and jumps on the roof - because driver honked her horn

webfact

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man apologised, insurance will pay for the damage and now the police can return to fighting real criminals such as pretties dancing provocatively in skimpy outfits at entertainment venues.

A happy ending for most concerned with the least inconvenience caused, except for the victim of course.

2 hours ago, dotpoom said:

Reading the responses on here, one would be forgiven for thinking there is no such thing as "road rage" in the West?

Road rage is alive and "kicking" in North America. Although I must admit, I seem to see less of it today than in previous years. Maybe we exported it to Thailand ---- duty free!

"Later Tnews reported that Nattakrit Tulaphan, 21, was interviewed by police. A video showed him apologizing for his behavior."

Everything is OK and settled as far as the "ROYAL" Thai Police is concerned.

He apologised on video.

Next case.........

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Pathetic behaviour.

Road rage seems to be getting out of control here.

I don't see why such behaviour cannot be punished as wilful criminal damage, threatening behaviour etc etc and part of the punishment include suspension of driving licence. He obviously is mentally not fit to be out on the roads.

Isn't this an alcohol-free period?   Maybe withdrawal problems?

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I don't see why such behaviour cannot be punished as wilful criminal damage, threatening behaviour etc etc and part of the punishment include suspension of driving licence. He obviously is mentally not fit to be out on the roads.

Yes indeed!

Is he even fit to father children?

Yes insurance will pay and I am sure the roof of her car has a nice large indentation from someone jumping on it.  In the West, the insurance company would pay and then send a bill to the responsible party and if he refused to pay- take him to court. In addition, the perpetrator would have been arrested and charged with destruction of property and heavily fined and ordered to pay restitution. A criminal record will also be established able to be viewed by prospective employers; insurance companies and anyone else who looks.

When Thailand starts doing the above- some of this 'acting out' will stop. As much as I generally like Thai people- there are many who cannot control themselves.

This guy should have had to pay for any damage to her car as well as the typical 500 baht

fine.  What the H is wrong with Thailand. These idiot guys keep getting a weak slap on

the wrist for their temper flare ups. Will  nothing ever change in this third world country??

I highly doubt it myself.

Geezer

4 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

Normal acceptable behavior of Thai men in Thai society.

Its all a result of great parenting.

Little babies jump up and down when they can't get there own way.

Good job mum's and Dad's of Thailand :thumbsup:

Agree My wife' s daughter 17 years old and never done a day's work in her life. Lays around all day and just has to say Mum and mum comes running What can i do for you honey What do u want You want Money etc Its really pathetic to watch Not my kid dont touch but if she was a quick clip around the ears would fix the problem

Sure that is it in Thailand how to teach your kids how to be lazy

18 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

This guy should have had to pay for any damage to her car as well as the typical 500 baht

fine.  What the H is wrong with Thailand. These idiot guys keep getting a weak slap on

the wrist for their temper flare ups. Will  nothing ever change in this third world country??

I highly doubt it myself.

Geezer

Ever watch a group of Thais when they are waiting for a bus and when the bus pulls up they all try get on first. Its like a pack of dogs trying to get to the food first No manners Pushing Shoving No excuse me just me first attitude He wont pay Geeza for a start he prob aint got a job

4 hours ago, over it said:

A quick hit on the gas peddle, and then a sharp jab on the brakes and she could have knocked this stupid worthless piece of <deleted> off the roof, RUN HIS JUE GUNG ASS OVER, flipped him the bird again, asked 'how do you like me now?' and called the police! next... :coffee1:

I'm with you.  I made a safe left on red to a left lane of a four lane road the other day and there was a van coming along in the second lane.  No problem right?  Not so fast.  The driver took offense for some reason and tried to then cut me off in my clear lane.  I had my wife's son in the car as we had just left his school.  I zigged around the guy and took off rather then be locked behind him.  I put several cars between us but watched as the van driver raced zigzagging between cars trying to catch me.  I eventually got behind a bus at a red light with the van 4 cars behind me.  As you would expect, the driver got out of his truck and started to walk between the lanes of cars to get to my vehicle.  Rather than engage him I went around the bus and turned on the afterburners.  Being held hostage by some psycho while he smashes your car to bits is not a good feeling especially for this poor woman.  It's time to make road rage a serious crime with harsh penalties or very loose penalties for those who defend themselves when cornered.  She should have gunned it and flipped this guy like a pancake!

4 hours ago, jaywalker said:

The Liberal members here will be silent.

She was OF their culture, and not a "GUEST" in Thailand, so while I agree with you, I'll be one of the few (with some sense) that likes what you said.

Liberal members? Are they the ones that don't spit on monkeys at the zoo? :passifier:

2 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

Ever watch a group of Thais when they are waiting for a bus and when the bus pulls up they all try get on first. Its like a pack of dogs trying to get to the food first No manners Pushing Shoving No excuse me just me first attitude He wont pay Geeza for a start he prob aint got a job

Worse than that.  I came around a bend on a wet curve the other day and saw a motorbike on it's side. At the same time I saw several Thais just whiz by on their bikes.  I was rushing to a meeting myself but stopped to investigate and I could hear someone yelling for help. I went over the guardrail and found a Thai guy down with a broken femur.  Another Farang stopped to help and we got an ambulance to come scoop the guy up. These people don't give a crap about each other.  I sure am happy I was not the guy down waiting for help.  

5 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

Normal acceptable behavior of Thai men in Thai society.

Its all a result of great parenting.

Little babies jump up and down when they can't get there own way.

Good job mum's and Dad's of Thailand :thumbsup:

No one teaches them about parenting. The Chinese also do this and we all know of all of the parents who parade their children on TV shows in the west as well. 

The metanarrative can never be that having children is work and that you cannot be friends with your kid.

Archived