Thai man kicks Toyota Yaris and jumps on the roof - because driver honked her horn

webfact

13 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Pathetic behaviour.

Road rage seems to be getting out of control here.

I don't see why such behaviour cannot be punished as wilful criminal damage, threatening behaviour etc etc and part of the punishment include suspension of driving licence. He obviously is mentally not fit to be out on the roads.

Simple the Police do not do their job

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, maximillian said:

There is; but certainly NOT to that extent like in LOS.

I have experienced and seen worse road rage in Australia than anything seen or experienced here

In my view in the main Thais are more tolerant when it comes to what happens when driving

One thing I have learned after living here for 8 years, is that Thais HATE to be honked at, even if they are doing or did something stupid, which is VERY common here. I have driven in 18 countries and the Thais are by far, the worst drivers that I have experienced.  BUT, that might explain why over 65,000 of them died in accidents last year.  And the police do NOT enforce the laws and maybe that is because most of them do NOT know the driving laws, so I have concluded that it is Thailand's population control system and it works VERY well.

As long as people get away on such behaviour with either a finger pointing photo, a 500 THB fine or an appology...it will continue.

On the other hand how about permitting farangs who overstay for a few days or who are late for a few days before the visa run, to also get away with just an appology ?

11 hours ago, StevieAus said:

I have experienced and seen worse road rage in Australia than anything seen or experienced here

In my view in the main Thais are more tolerant when it comes to what happens when driving

Sure Steve I have seen these so called tolerant drivers In Thailand  Tailgate you, Go through Red lights, dont indicate when changing lanes, Just pull out in front of you when coming from a parked area with out looking, Pull up beside you when you making a right hand turn at lights and waiting for the lights to change green They are actually in the go through traffic lane not the turning lane but have every intention on turning right, Doing a U turn and having the car half way across the lane there fore shutting off the go through traffic. And this is all because the Thai  driver has this mentality Me me me first No tolerance Question for you? If Australian drivers did this what would happen to them? I know the cops would give them a bunch of flowers for good driving

The taxi I was in pulled into a parking space and I opened the door. The Thai sitting in the car next to us got mad because he said the door was too close to his car. About 8 inches away. Because his car was all blacked out I couldn't see how big he was or how many were in the car. Yikes. I am always careful when I open doors.

Some Thais are way overwrought.

17 hours ago, Happyman58 said:

You were very lucky sir  The idiot was after you  Sad part if there 4 cops standing there watching none of them would of done nothing

And my windows are black.  If he would have seen my white skin it's a no win.  Either he beats me or I beat him and then thirty Thais jump in to help him.  Good thing the odds of them catching me is between slim and none!

Screen Shot 2017-10-07 at 10.08.33 AM.png

On 10/6/2017 at 12:42 PM, jimster said:

If you're thinking that Thai society or indeed any society world wide is "progressive" in that way I think you are in for a rude awakening. Thai society like western society I will admit is going backwards and will likely be much worse in 100 years than now. I am quite sure that 40-50 years ago, Thai parents were raising their kids much better than now. What happened? Well many things, too numerous to list here, but let's see...male infidelity, alcohol, pressures of modern life, lack of male role models in the lives of many children growing up, children being sent off to childcare and nursery too soon, mothers being too harsh in their parenting styles, feminized males, masculine women, modern consumer culture, even medicalized childbirth etc. etc.

Ok, understand ......doesn't look good.

On 10/7/2017 at 7:15 AM, Happyman58 said:

Sure Steve I have seen these so called tolerant drivers In Thailand  Tailgate you, Go through Red lights, dont indicate when changing lanes, Just pull out in front of you when coming from a parked area with out looking, Pull up beside you when you making a right hand turn at lights and waiting for the lights to change green They are actually in the go through traffic lane not the turning lane but have every intention on turning right, Doing a U turn and having the car half way across the lane there fore shutting off the go through traffic. And this is all because the Thai  driver has this mentality Me me me first No tolerance Question for you? If Australian drivers did this what would happen to them? I know the cops would give them a bunch of flowers for good driving

I was responding specifically to road rage not incompetent driving with which I agree with your comments and you will see if you read my earlier posts on that topic I am critical of Thai driving standards generally

I have seen and experienced road rage in Australia and have not experienced it here despite driving substantial distances

• 1 month later...

Archived