What do you miss about western women that you find difficult to get from a Thai woman?

Csaw

This is for those who are/have been in a long term relationship with Thai women...since a woman (whether Thai or not) will not show her true colors until she's well settled in the relationship...goes for men too, i guess.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If one means a western woman that one isn't romantically involved with ( I'd have my spine removed without an anaesthetic before I ever became romantically involved with any woman raised in a PC western country ), I miss conversation. Thai women don't seem interested in talking about anything I like talking about. Food isn't on my list of things to talk about all day.

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If one means a western woman that one isn't romantically involved with ( I'd have my spine removed without an anaesthetic before I ever became romantically involved with any woman raised in a PC western country ), I miss conversation. Thai women don't seem interested in talking about anything I like talking about. Food isn't on my list of things to talk about all day.

Come on thaibeachlovers, why would a man go out of his way to post a question asking other men about a relationship with women that is not romantic?

PS. This would be better in the Farang Pub subforum.

It would wouldn't it. Didn't know a subforum as such existed. How can we move this?

I miss the arguments.....

Feminazi's

Usually for no other reason than for uneeded (but deemed socially necessary) assertive power struggles.....

Noticed in life and in the work enviroment...

And happy to miss it....

8 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

I miss the arguments.....

Feminazi's

Usually for no other reason than for uneeded (but deemed socially necessary) assertive power struggles.....

Noticed in life and in the work enviroment...

And happy to miss it....

I don't get this part; argument. The Thai women i've come across do argue...and it's scary argue at times. In the beginning it's soft alligator tears, then real tears (or more convincing ones), finally its frenzied screams.

Social conversation,  historical , politics  , economic religion  is non existent , with a Thai  partner.

What do we have in common, ?  apart from a marriage visa .

Just now, elliss said:

Social conversation,  historical , politics  , economic religion  is non existent , with a Thai  partner.

What do we have in common, ?  apart from a marriage visa .

Shared goals?

Family?

Meals?

Honesty?

Jokes?

Fun?

For everything else you have thaivisa.

I miss walks in the park in autumn - her in a knee long shirt and long, leather booths (oh yeah baby!). 

Cooking together. 

Having mutual friends over for dinner / visiting mutual friends for dinner and everybody at the table speaks the same language. 

Listening to an adult argue. 

Sharing a clean home. 

She earns as much/almost as much as I do so most bills are shared equally.

Listening to her complaining about how I didn't put the toilet lid up... 

Or the opposite: Not talking to Farang husband for a week. Not sure if screaming tantrums or silence terror is worse.
Never mind, I got rid of the Thai "Drama-Queen", that once was the "queen of my heart".

Western women tend not to "dramatise" the end of a relationship. Instead they get a good lawyer.
Having said that, I am not sure if that qualifies as "what do you miss about Western Woman".:smile:
Cheers.

17 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Intelligent conversation and cultural alignment.

My observations of some farang/thai relationships ... they appear more like the hired help than the life partner. Note that I said "some" and not "all"!

Your observation seems on point! She cooks for me ALL the time and asks if i am hungry 10 minutes after finishing a meal (an extravagant meal) that she'd made me. I almost never wear clothes more than ones before it's washed. The floor is mopped a gazillion times a day.... to her...what more could i ask for right?  

What we miss most from western women that Thai women don't have?

The big busty chests, overweight fat posteriors, aging before age, acting coy on a date for the first night stand, behaving

like men in public, inviting me out or on holiday now and then, earning a salary similar or superior to mine, financially

independant and never asking for money, speaking fluently in your language, in the relationship because the guy is hansum

with personality and not caring for his wealth...:cheesy::sorry:

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

What? You don't like talking about lottery numbers? All the math and logic involved? 

I will admit that talking w/my wife does not go deep. Mostly family, dogs, my niece. We share taking care. 

But we don't fight - neither one of us enjoys conflict and and we both respect each others privacy. My USA wife, sure, we could talk, but even if we agreed 99% on an issue, it would narrow down to that 1% which would turn into a fight. I came to realize many years ago that most of my deeper conversations will be with male friends, though I have some female friends who can go there too. 

My conversations with Thai mostly are light hearted, though serious issues come up, it is more a listening process for me than a debate.  

Pink nipples and blonde pubic hair?

Seriously, if one can speak Thai, then there's not a lot you'd miss.  What I don't get is when some farang guys talk of "intelligent conversation."  What the freak is that about?  It's not like TV is a bastion for Rhodes Scholars.  I doubt these guys are talking about astrophysics or the industrial revolution with their buddies over Chang beer.  My last farang GF in the US wasn't interested in the same stuff I was.  Whether it's sports or movies or music, men and women are different the world over.  Of course she knew about US politics, just like a Thai woman would know about Thai politics.  But is that why you marry someone?  Whatever. 

31 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Pink nipples and blonde pubic hair?

Seriously, if one can speak Thai, then there's not a lot you'd miss.  What I don't get is when some farang guys talk of "intelligent conversation."  What the freak is that about?  It's not like TV is a bastion for Rhodes Scholars.  I doubt these guys are talking about astrophysics or the industrial revolution with their buddies over Chang beer.  My last farang GF in the US wasn't interested in the same stuff I was.  Whether it's sports or movies or music, men and women are different the world over.  Of course she knew about US politics, just like a Thai woman would know about Thai politics.  But is that why you marry someone?  Whatever. 

Farang GF :shock1:.

Indeed, there is a very big chance that an american and a thai have similar knowledge about their countries politics :sorry:

Archived