What do you miss about western women that you find difficult to get from a Thai woman?

Csaw

14 minutes ago, Been there done that said:

Farang GF :shock1:.

Indeed, there is a very big chance that an american and a thai have similar knowledge about their countries politics :sorry:

So you cite one sentence out of context, but do you even understand the point of my post?  Better yet, can you put together one coherent paragraph? 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I miss all the pop culture references, like when you quote a line from a movie, book, TV show etc and Thai GF has no idea what I am talking about. 

I used the phrase "Elvis has left the building" recently, then spent the next 20 mins explaining it. 

One of the things that attracted me to the GF was her dry sense of humour, however things like Monty Python, Seinfeld etc, are not understood.

Nobody, man or woman, shows 'their true colours' as you put it, until settled in a relationship.  Relationships change and so do the people in it. The relationship with my Thai wife of 20 years is  different than it was 21 years ago when we first met, better I would say.   I  am still intrigued to see the world through her eyes, rather than through my own western cultural bias.and experience   So I would say that I miss nothing that is important to me by being married to a Thai, as against a long term relationship with a western lady.   

1 hour ago, Berkshire said:

Pink nipples and blonde pubic hair?

Seriously, if one can speak Thai, then there's not a lot you'd miss.  What I don't get is when some farang guys talk of "intelligent conversation."  What the freak is that about?  It's not like TV is a bastion for Rhodes Scholars.  I doubt these guys are talking about astrophysics or the industrial revolution with their buddies over Chang beer.  My last farang GF in the US wasn't interested in the same stuff I was.  Whether it's sports or movies or music, men and women are different the world over.  Of course she knew about US politics, just like a Thai woman would know about Thai politics.  But is that why you marry someone?  Whatever. 

Just before I sit down to watch  NFL/F1/MOTO GP, my wife brings me a drink and a box of biscuits and then leaves me too it.  Super Bowl night she is a dream.  Its like being in a  great restaurant.  What a lady!!

1 minute ago, Pilotman said:

Just before I sit down to watch  NFL/F1/MOTO GP, my wife brings me a drink and a box of biscuits and then leaves me too it.  Super Bowl night she is a dream.  Its like being in a  great restaurant.  What a lady!!

Yes, you can rent women to do that.

Maybe lacks depth from a relationship perspective - but it gets the job done.

Just now, Jip99 said:

Yes, you can rent women to do that.

Maybe lacks depth from a relationship perspective - but it gets the job done.

Find me one that knows what is going to happen at third down and goal, 3 to go and 10 seconds on the clock and she may  be worth it!! 

A couple of things I do miss about Western Women at times:

They usually pull the shower curtain closed when taking a shower so they don't flood the bathroom floor two inches deep in water. They don't come crawling into bed with a wet towel wrapped around them. They're not always freezing because I keep the A/C cranked down low, so they don't run over and turn it back up every time I leave the room. Small inconveniences I'll happily tolerate to avoid Western women like the plague.

I have been married to 2 western women ,had relationships with quiye a few others ,also had a relationship with a thai woman and been married to one now for 20 years , have not really noticed any difference , they are just women , they are all a little bit the same and a little bit different .,just like my male friends . 

2 minutes ago, ColeBOzbourne said:

A couple of things I do miss about Western Women at times:

They usually pull the shower curtain closed when taking a shower so they don't flood the bathroom floor two inches deep in water. They don't come crawling into bed with a wet towel wrapped around them. They're not always freezing because I keep the A/C cranked down low, so they don't run over and turn it back up every time I leave the room. Small inconveniences I'll happily tolerate to avoid Western women like the plague.

How many girls do you have running around naked and jumping into your bed?

To solve the air-con conundrum, my wife sleep with Canadian down duvet while I use a thin blanket. A/C is blasting away at 23 C.

11 hours ago, Csaw said:

Come on thaibeachlovers, why would a man go out of his way to post a question asking other men about a relationship with women that is not romantic?

Come on, I've been in long term relationships with many western women. I just wouldn't get romantically involved with them. IMO those relationships are probably more real than ones based mainly on sex.

The one long term relationship with a Thai woman I had that wasn't based on sex for most of it should be regarded as platonic as well.

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

I miss all the pop culture references, like when you quote a line from a movie, book, TV show etc and Thai GF has no idea what I am talking about. 

I used the phrase "Elvis has left the building" recently, then spent the next 20 mins explaining it. 

One of the things that attracted me to the GF was her dry sense of humour, however things like Monty Python, Seinfeld etc, are not understood.

I never found a Thai woman that understands western humour. None of them had a romantic gene either.

3 hours ago, sipi said:

Absolutely nothing.

The mere sight of western women makes me cringe.

I saw a beautiful, slim farang woman on the street the other day. I had to double check that she was actually a farang, as most of them are about twice or more the size of a Thai woman.

12 hours ago, djayz said:

I miss walks in the park in autumn - her in a knee long shirt and long, leather booths (oh yeah baby!). 

Cooking together. 

Having mutual friends over for dinner / visiting mutual friends for dinner and everybody at the table speaks the same language. 

Listening to an adult argue. 

Sharing a clean home. 

She earns as much/almost as much as I do so most bills are shared equally.

Listening to her complaining about how I didn't put the toilet lid up... 

djayz... absolutely SPOT ON!

If you don't get a Rooster award on Sunday, I'll be very disappointed ;)

** Note to Rooster.... Nomination!

My  wife is from Chonburi (North) and for nearly eight years in my country she was glued to the local and international TV news every night at 6pm.   Here she has trouble to get near a TV at 6pm but when she can she still wants to see the news.  So we can discuss any subject and she has an opinion.  I mention this because most Falangs consider most Thai women to not be interested in international events.  We do not fight or argue anything like with my previous Falang wife.  So nothing really.  Better in every way, pretty much. No going back for more of the same. Mind you, I did some exhaustive and sometimes exhausting research and interviewing and nearly gave up before we met. 555.

Archived