Pattaya police chief warns operators to tone it down in October - or else!

rooster59

28 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

and even the worst of the worst Thais will show respect!

Pull my other one. From what I've learned about Pattaya's Walking Street and from what I know of the typical lack of respect of, let's say, lower-end Thai and farang males, there will be nothing like 'funeral-week' respect shown in this town and probably many others. If the police are to make any attempt at enforcing the behaviour codes, they are going to be very, very busy. More likely, of course, is that they'll simply not bother and the country's lawlessness will get one step worse, instead of better.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just tell us, in words of one syllable and we'll comply.  Being imprecise over exactly what's allowed and on what dates & times only leads to confusion.

Personally, I had a lot of respect for the late King and, in the western tradition, I'd like to hoist a few in his name - as I would for British royalty.

Because deep down they are worried about the adverse effect it could have on tourism if they came out and said  they probably will be closing down many venues 

On the contrary I think the instructions are quite clear and are deliberately calibrated to minimise the effects on tourism. Some shops and tourist attractions will close on 26 October but will be operating normally on all the other days. There is no restriction on alcohol sales (so far) and while entertainment venues will have to operate in a subdued manner and parties may be cancelled, life will be near normal especially in the tourist resorts.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, Winky Wilson said:

It seems the only place in Thailand where people have no common sense for respecting the royal family is Pattaya.

Even in Pattaya the Thai Royal Family is well respected (I guess), but the point is that October 2017 seems to be another month of mourning and NOBODY seems to able to say what it implies. THAT causes confusion, irritation, loss of money and yes finally....people loose respect for the cause of the mourning period. 

The only very vague thing that is actually mentioned is: "tone down"...........

6 hours ago, eliotness said:

Wonder if this and other restrictions will affect the number ( of non-Chinese ) tourists coming to LOS  !!!

I Wonder who cares??  Send all the girls home to go to temple..............

6 hours ago, Knocker33 said:

And so it begins.

and the accusations of all the "Police Owned Bars" on every street in Pattaya.........all I see are mafia owned bars everywhere, and Farangs of less than reputable histories.  The letter is simple:  Turn the music down, turn off the  flashing lights, put some clothes on the girls ..............

1 minute ago, TunnelRat69 said:

and the accusations of all the "Police Owned Bars" on every street in Pattaya.........all I see are mafia owned bars everywhere, and Farangs of less than reputable histories.  The letter is simple:  Turn the music down, turn off the  flashing lights, put some clothes on the girls ..............

Yes...not too hard to do for a few days

16 hours ago, ezzra said:

Or else... we're going to hit you with 500 baht fine... see the outcome

of the dumb-ass who jumped on the woman car the other day...

I believe the nightlife entertainment places are hit with much larger amounts (or else) for infractions, although I would be surprised if it happened to the ones that are police owned. As we are already a week into October, the notice seems late.

15 hours ago, LALes said:

And the bars on Soi Whitehouse in Jomtien.

And the bars on Soi 7 and Soi 5 Jomtien.  This  residential area has some of the worst noise pollution in Thailand, coming from an increasing number of bars.  The police are doing vrtually nothing to stop the problem and do not seem to even care.  I wonder if the military would stop the noise.

and while we're at it about noise and respect - how about the police taking a serious attempt at sorting out the ever growing number of scooters that are running around pattaya city with absolutely no exhaust. not only is it disrespectful but it is also turning pattaya into a very noisy city and will drive people away

Does the tourism authority  really want people deciding not to come here because a load of supposed grown men think  a scooter is cool when the exhaust is effectively removed....................the authorities need to sort this childish behavior out .......................... there is nothing cool about it and is disrespectful 

someone about a year ago decided it was cool to remove the effective exhaust  from a scooter...............yes a scooter, and that the sound was somehow cool (Thai childish mentality) ....we now have a lot of supposed adults running around Pattaya  on their scooters (with no exhaust)  thinking that loud is cool....oh listen to how loud mine is, oh yes well if people in hotels and various residencies here on holiday didn't have to listen to it then ....hey no problem. take it out of the streets and make all the noise you want.

The authorities really need to get on top of this craze............it is disrespectful to make so much noise right now and is unacceptable any time....................my scooter is loud............well yes it will be, my lawn mower is loud....well yes it will be ........................if you remove the exhaust and act like a total (deleted) and somehow think it is cool

The police really need to get a handle on this especially now, and going forward .......well I feel a hub coming -  Pattaya the noisiest hub in Asia, the most scooters with the exhaust removed....the most uncool childish people that actually think a scooter with no exhaust is cool................it (deleted) isn't

on topic ?   well yes it is, because my right to quite ambience respect reflection and serenity is constantly being interrupted by some tosser on a scooter with no exhaust

3 hours ago, smedly said:

and while we're at it about noise and respect - how about the police taking a serious attempt at sorting out the ever growing number of scooters that are running around pattaya city with absolutely no exhaust. not only is it disrespectful but it is also turning pattaya into a very noisy city and will drive people away

Does the tourism authority  really want people deciding not to come here because a load of supposed grown men think  a scooter is cool when the exhaust is effectively removed....................the authorities need to sort this childish behavior out .......................... there is nothing cool about it and is disrespectful 

someone about a year ago decided it was cool to remove the effective exhaust  from a scooter...............yes a scooter, and that the sound was somehow cool (Thai childish mentality) ....we now have a lot of supposed adults running around Pattaya  on their scooters (with no exhaust)  thinking that loud is cool....oh listen to how loud mine is, oh yes well if people in hotels and various residencies here on holiday didn't have to listen to it then ....hey no problem. take it out of the streets and make all the noise you want.

The authorities really need to get on top of this craze............it is disrespectful to make so much noise right now and is unacceptable any time....................my scooter is loud............well yes it will be, my lawn mower is loud....well yes it will be ........................if you remove the exhaust and act like a total (deleted) and somehow think it is cool

The police really need to get a handle on this especially now, and going forward .......well I feel a hub coming -  Pattaya the noisiest hub in Asia, the most scooters with the exhaust removed....the most uncool childish people that actually think a scooter with no exhaust is cool................it (deleted) isn't

on topic ?   well yes it is, because my right to quite ambience respect reflection and serenity is constantly being interrupted by some tosser on a scooter with no exhaust

I wouldn’t hold your breath, I don’t know what the level of police enforcement is in Pattaya but could make an educated guess, but if it is of the same standard I observe elsewhere, in relation to speeding, drink driving, underage and uninsured driving etc etc I doubt anything will happen.

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I believe the nightlife entertainment places are hit with much larger amounts (or else) for infractions, although I would be surprised if it happened to the ones that are police owned. As we are already a week into October, the notice seems late.

A late notice is quite common. In a lot of cases there's a raid and one of the documents handed over after receiving a substantial bribe is the "notice"........"Didn't you get this?"

22 hours ago, Knocker33 said:

Because deep down they are worried about the adverse effect it could have on tourism if they came out and said  they probably will be closing down many venues 

By not publicising it in advance they have only PO more people than they would otherwise.

It's like they have no understanding of the internet and how information is transmitted instantly.

They closed the FMP without warning, and then the soldiers harassed young people that had a private party instead. That's going to have a big effect once it hits social media. I hope we will be able to find out how many people cancelled holidays in LOS because of that, but no one that was coming to party will still be doing so, unless they can't get a refund.

21 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

On the contrary I think the instructions are quite clear and are deliberately calibrated to minimise the effects on tourism. Some shops and tourist attractions will close on 26 October but will be operating normally on all the other days. There is no restriction on alcohol sales (so far) and while entertainment venues will have to operate in a subdued manner and parties may be cancelled, life will be near normal especially in the tourist resorts.

deliberately calibrated to minimise the effects on tourism

LOL. Tell that to all the FMP goers on Samui and Phangan that had the party cancelled without warning, while they were already in the country.

17 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

Just curious, but if what you see offends you so much, why don't you move elsewhere? You won't be offended in Chiang Mai for sure.

deliberately calibrated to minimise the effects on tourism
LOL. Tell that to all the FMP goers on Samui and Phangan that had the party cancelled without warning, while they were already in the country.

I was referring to Pattaya, as that is what this thread is about. You're right about the FMP though, although it's not going to affect many tourists and I'm they'll find another way of getting off their tits!

The best would be: the Government close the country and wont let any tourists into it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would help a lot to suffer from all the things getting worse and worse in this country!

Maybe also all expats out!

Let's see in what a big hole this country would fall if they not have the money from all the tourists and expats living in this country but treated like donkeys.....

On 10/7/2017 at 6:40 PM, brewsterbudgen said:

How dare you introduce a note of reason and sanity into the hysteria. We're havin' FUN here! This is looking like the Last Nail In The Coffin again! 

2 hours ago, manhood said:

The best would be: the Government close the country and wont let any tourists into it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would help a lot to suffer from all the things getting worse and worse in this country!

Maybe also all expats out!

Let's see in what a big hole this country would fall if they not have the money from all the tourists and expats living in this country but treated like donkeys.....

I'm off to Immigration this week to do my 90 day report. I'll be expecting a handful of carrots.

Archived