"Sorry we set light to your son - we were just having a laugh" teens tell distraught mother.

rooster59

"Sorry we set light to your son - we were just having a laugh" teens tell distraught mother.

CiHZjUdJ5HPNXJ92GOyahBoN4Ozu3fj4bw.jpg

Image: Thai Rath

Three Chainat teens have been pictured wai-ing in apology to a mother after they covered him with mosquito spray and set light to him.

They said they were just having a bit of fun and it all went wrong.

They still love their mate, really. They weren't trying to kill him.

The case has caused widespread alarm and happened on September 20th at Racha Prachanukhroh 46 school in the central Thai province of Chainat.

Chananchit or Earth, 14, had gone into a small storage area. His friends got spray to try and make him come out. When he still wouldn't emerge they got a lighter.

Earth is still in hospital recovering from severe burns.

His mother Kotchaphan Bunthong, 42, would not let the matter rest and has gone to the Paweena Hongsakul foundation to seek justice.

Yesterday Thai Rath published pictures believed to be from five days after the incident when the three boys wai-ed the mother in apology.

One of the three told the reporters yesterday that it was a prank that got out of hand: "We were going to wash some clothes together but Earth went into the storeroom where he was singing.

"We asked him when he was going to come out and he said he would do the washing himself later and was not coming out.

"So I sprayed mozzie spray into the room. He still refused to come out so we got a lighter and lit it".

The vapor ignited with a bang and when the boys realized the seriousness of the situation they called teachers immediately who took Earth to hospital.

"We were just having some fun and are friends of Earth," said the boy. "We had no intention of killing him".

The mother is furious that parents of the boys have reneged on promises to pay for her sons medical treatment.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-10-07

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"His mother Kotchaphan Bunthong, 42, would not let the matter rest and has gone to the Paweena Hongsakul foundation to seek justice." Police not doing their job again ?

"The mother is furious that parents of the boys have reneged on promises to pay for her sons medical treatment" complete lack of responsibility here.

regards worgeordie

Ok, hang on a minute, they did the Wai thing, now wake me up when they pay the 500 baht fine, split three ways no doubt.

If I was the mother, the pressure would be on the school, "duty of care" I am sure is a world wide thing, or maybe not here in LOS

Why is the schools insurance NOT paying for the treatment, this needs to be looked at. Children in the care of the school should be covered by the educational establishments insurance. The school can get the money from the other children's parents if they want

22 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Immature Thai boys who will grow up to be immature Thai men.:WPFflags:

With (a) school directors and teachers as influential role models, the next generation is <deleted>****, if this is anything to go on

oh wait... it is something to go on and it is reoccurring in one form or another.... ergo, the next generation is definitely <deleted>*****!

in properly organized societies parents would be held responsible for the behavior of their underage children.
Responsible in the sense of going to court and be tried.
And probably the (Head)master also for neglect of duty.

3 minutes ago, KKr said:

in properly organized societies parents would be held responsible for the behavior of their underage children.
Responsible in the sense of going to court and be tried.
And probably the (Head)master also for neglect of duty.

Which Countries are those ?

1 hour ago, Khun Paul said:

Why is the schools insurance NOT paying for the treatment, this needs to be looked at. Children in the care of the school should be covered by the educational establishments insurance. The school can get the money from the other children's parents if they want

If the school had insurance.

As it seems the authorities will do nothing making schools have mandatory insurance may see education standards rise as incompetent staff will raise the premiums, and we all know in Thailand money is number one... 

Besides, the family had accepted an apology from the three other boys and agreed to payment of 10,000 baht every 15 days from their families until the boy was recovered from his burns, he said.

The mother is furious that parents of the boys have reneged on promises to pay for her sons medical treatment.

Pol Lt Col Patikorn Hanhatthakit of the Muang Chai Nat police said on Thursday the parents of the injured boy had not filed a complaint with local police.

Guess the family is waiting to see how much money actually ends up in their hands before getting serious about possibly filing a police complaint against the boys/their parents and/or the school.  

3 hours ago, CockneyGit said:

Why aren't these little pr*cks banged up ??

Because the school and the police believed them...that they were just having some harmless fun! I better say no more or I will get banned again...

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

Terrible thing to happen to the boy, but is was accidental .

The other kids didnt intentionally try to cause the burns .

Yes, a stupid thing to do , but kids do stupid things

I'm sorry you are totally wrong.... 

spraying a chemical into a confined space with a child inside, then setting light to it is not accidental it was an intentional act... regardless of the outcome !!!

They & the school should be held fully accountable for their actions and face the consequences...

Maybe just maybe some of these school room "games" will stop & students will think before doing something instead of the giving the useless "wai"  after the event !!!

Pursue the parents for payment of treatment in the hospital & secure costs of all treatment in the future.
Pursue the education authorities to discipline the director/principle of this school for trying to hush it all up.

The victims parents should go to the police to lodge a report of the accident, pending the foundation taking up the case.

Stop this "they're only children" crap & start to make them responsible for their actions!!!!

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

Somkiat Sutthicharoenpanit, director . . . . said on Thursday their action surprised him and he did not know what family wanted from the complaint.

For the Director to be 'surprised' at the parents' response to an unbelievably brainless act of cruelty that might easily have resulted in their son's death, exposes two issues: one, that he isn't fit to hold any office involving kids and, two, that the three culprits - and their parents - should face the maximum punishment applicable, under current Thai law, and whatever remedial and advisory support is available. The parents MUST take some responsibility for what their st8upid kids did.

Shit I see a whole lot of goody two shoes on here who never did anything in their younger days that went badly pear shaped at sometime(I know I did a few), yes the boys were stupid, if what they say is true they did a thing that they probably had no idea would go as bad as it did or they were as guilty as sin and were bullying the boy in question, but you cant find that out easily.

I thought it was mandatory for a school to have insurance.  Some years ago, my daughter fell off a horse at the weekend.  It had nothing to do with the school but their insurance paid up for medical expenses.  I was told at the time that students were covered for accidents both in and out of school.

4 hours ago, sanemax said:

so why use a lighter if you DONT know its flammable,if this happened to your child i doubt you would be so forgiving

4 hours ago, sanemax said:

And stupidity shouldn't be punished?! Is that what you are saying? When you were at school were you or anyone you know not punished for something far less stupid than this? This wasn't stupid, it was downright reckless...putting myself in the place of the injured boy's mother , as you should do, I'd be calling for a juvenile court hearing under the rules of Thailand's JFC.

12 minutes ago, TKDfella said:

And stupidity shouldn't be punished?! Is that what you are saying? 

I am not saying that it shouldnt be punished . I was just saying that it was an accident and should be treated as such . Its  not as if they get some petrol, poured it over him and set him on fire . It was an accident caused by stupidity and ignorance

A post in violation of fair use policy has been removed as well as the replies. As the post contained content from Bangkok Post, it was also in violation of this forum rule:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

59 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I am not saying that it shouldnt be punished . I was just saying that it was an accident and should be treated as such . Its  not as if they get some petrol, poured it over him and set him on fire . It was an accident caused by stupidity and ignorance

Have you looked on a mosquito spray aerosol. It will have the fire hazard symbol image.png.84f69e4a187520d4959ff1d96c6765d6.png and in Thai it says ไวไฟ meaning inflammable. So these kids couldn't read either eh?

Archived