28 workers injured in Saraburi bus accident

rooster59

28 workers injured in Saraburi bus accident

Turn-over-bus-7oct17.jpg

Twenty-eight workers were injured when a bus taking them to a factory in the Hemaraj Industrial Estate in Saraburi overturned in Nong Khae district, police said.

The accident occurred at about 8 am on Suwannasorn road in Tambon Nong Pla Mo in Saraburi’s Nong Khae district while the bus was taking about 30 passengers from Nakhon Nayok to the factory in Saraburi.

Id Jadthai, the bus driver, said he lost control because the road was slippery after heavy rain, causing the bus to skid off the road and overturn.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/28-workers-injured-saraburi-bus-accident/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-10-07

Thailand could take a page out of Finland's book. There the have both Summer & Winter parts to the driving test because of the dramatic change in road conditions. Rainy season here always comes with the slippery road's at fault syndrome. Stick them on a skid pan so they can experience the slippery road without 20+ innocents along for the ride.

19 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Id Jadthai, the bus driver, said he lost control because the road was slippery after heavy rain, causing the bus to skid off the road and overturn.

Pure BS

first rains make roads slippery, due to oils (from leaky vehicles) being liberated from the road surface, once these are washed away, the road is no where near as treacherous

the bus driver was driving outside of the prevailing weather conditions, heedless of common sense, and is 100% to blame for this accidents... no ifs or buts... he should loose his license, and be forever banned from driving a commercial vehicle, as a minimum.

lol... that said, I suppose there is a valid argument that his incompetence is a product of the mandated driver training system, which might see a class action suit against the transport dept, in a country like the USA. (Easy example)

Funnily enough me and the Mrs were having a similar conversation as I drove through extremely heavy rain on the way to Chantaburi the other day (still here till Tuesday a.m. if anyone wants to meet for a beer :smile:) Anyway, I slowed right down 40 - 50 kph, headlights on, and windscreen wipers on full blast - still nearly driving blind, but the fools just kept on roaring past us with no lights and totally oblivious to the term 'aquaplaning' so I spent an interesting  15 or 20 minutes explaining the phenomenon to her, I think she's got it now.

Why do they allow numpties to drive buses  with passengers on especially when it is or has been raining, gawd forbid that they ever come across snow or ice.

Archived