New passeport ! What about the visa in the old one ?

Hi everyone ,

My non-immigrant o visa is available till 5 November.

This week i will go to my embassy to renew my passport.

What about my old visa?

When i will go out of Thailand , the visa will be in the old passport.

I precise that i will go to Savanakhet to have a one year non o again.

Thanks for your help

Regards

Patrick

Moved to here.

If you still have a valid multiple entry visa in your old passport it will remain valid until it expires. You will use both passports when entering the country it and they will stamp your entry in the new one.

When leaving the country the first time you will show both passports and they will transfer you entry stamp to the new one and stamp you out of the country in it.

oh i understand  but my question wasn't clear.

I have a visa non o , i leave Thailand every 3 months. Now my visa expired on 17 August 2017.

But i can stay in Thailand till 5 november as they stamped at my entrance.

So i need to go to immigration to transfer it right ?

Edited by milouone

You just leave on or before 5 november showing both passports on exit (or in the case of one border point go to their immigration office and return to exit).  It is extensions of stay that need to be transferred into a new passport.

Edit:  Believe you are confused because the permitted to stay is longer than the visa but that is a normal occurrence and is not an extension of stay but a normal permitted to stay stamp.

Edited by lopburi3

27 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A visa cannot be transferred to a new passport. Immigration can only transfer stamps they have done.

Sorry do not want to hi-jack the thread...just dont want to start a new one for this.

I have duel citizenship, the passport I use is filling fast & has 2 years left--the other passport has 4 more years and is empty. I am on the yearly visa extension (retirement)

I would like to swap over on my next yearly renewal -- but someone told me that  the entry/departure form would then not match. Is  this possible to do ?

Thanks

8 minutes ago, oxo1947 said:

I would like to swap over on my next yearly renewal -- but someone told me that  the entry/departure form would then not match. Is  this possible to do ?

It not possible to have the stamps transferred between passports from different countries.

The only one to do it would be get a new non-o visa in the other passport and start all over again.