Thai media comes out in support of government plans to stamp out "foreign mafia"

webfact

Yeah Good Job !!

Stamp out those dang Foreign Mafia Jet Ski guys in Phuket ....Oh wait :unsure:

Stamp out those dang Foreign Mafia Tuk Tuk & Taxis ....Oh wait :whistling:

Stamp out those dang Foreign Mafia guys at roadblocks in Brown suits...Oh Wait :unsure:

Stamp out those dang Foreign Mafia Immigration guys wanting envelopes...Oh Wait :tongue:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, over it said:

Hypocrisy knows no boundaries...

I dare to bet the foreign "mafia" maybe has 5% of the criminal activities in Thailand under control.

The rest must then be under Thai control.

If a government attacks the 5% simply for the foreign connections, guess the local mob complained about loss of income.

Oh Come on Thailand!!!

At the very LEAST, pretend to give a damn about law & order:

The headline should read "Government plans to stamp out ALL mafia"

Yes, I am sure there are "bad people" here from other nationalities, but everybody knows and accepts that the Thai mafia (TukTuk, Taxi, clubs, and tourism) are generally in charge of their local areas....

This is almost funny!!!

Is it like the Thai hotel thing recently lobbying the government to clamp down on short-term condo rentals as it creates competition for them??

I can just imagine it now.... Local Thai mafia reporting in to their police buddies "the farang mafia are encroaching on our profits - we need you to clamp down on the foreign mafia"

:coffee1:

There is such a thing as foreign mafias in Thailand and probably on quite a large scale. But what the government has failed to mention is that organised foreign criminals or those into illegal activities would not be able to operate in Thailand without the cooperation of Thais, that includes using Thai upfront names or having influential Thais to pull strings for them.

This is a case of; it takes two to tango and before plying their resources into stamping out foreign criminals in Thailand, their first priority should be to eradicate the Thai elements that are supporting these foreign criminals.

And the biggest mafias of all wearing green and brown uniforms stealing and cheating foreigners, corrupt lawyers, bent judges, or those licensed as taxi operators or jet ski operators not to mention the motorbike gangs and hordes or senseless violence dished out by Thai ' miscreants ' on a daily basis........nothing will be done!

Well done Thailand.....keep it up showing the world how pathetic you are!

8 minutes ago, nausea said:

Very good, so we can expect a campaign to reform the defamation laws and some investigative journalism exposing these foreign mafias; can't wait, I'm all atingle with anticipation.

Don't get too exited sport. More likely to be more round ups of "darker skinned foreigners" a few Taiwanese/Korean boiler room merchants, and possible even the odd Russian thrown in for good measure. Let's see how many "Western" bikers get booted out?

Soon be back to business as usual.

Don't get too exited sport. More likely to be more round ups of "darker skinned foreigners" a few Taiwanese/Korean boiler room merchants, and possible even the odd Russian thrown in for good measure. Let's see how many "Western" bikers get booted out?

Soon be back to business as usual.

They could start with a certain group who hit worldwide news from Surin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“Thai media comes out in support of government plans to stamp out ‘foreign mafia’”

”Thai business people allege they were duped by Myanmar scam promising Bt200 mill return”

”Thailand’s goal is to become a ‘developed’ country within 20 years”

”ThI Transport Ministry to move forward to get the country’s civil aviation industry accepted globally”

Thats it, I’ve had enough for one day. I’ve only just start reading today’s ThaiVisa and these are the early stories. Anyway I’m off to visit the local hospital, I may have cracked a rib. Let’s see what tomorrow brings.

9 hours ago, webfact said:

stamp out the activities of foreign mafia

Might the government turn more attention to what might be coined as the "religious mafia?"

"Crime has infiltrated all components of Thai society, including Buddhist institutions. The monastic life offers a veil of legitimacy to criminal organizations."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Thailand#Foreign_gangs_and_fugitives

who do they mean by foreign mafia? the biker guys, the ruskies, the chinese call centres, the boiler room blokes, the middle eastern forgery guys, the credit card scammers, the nigerian dealers and scammers, the hookers from uzbek. boy they've got some work to do then 5555

9 hours ago, Moonmoon said:

How about the biggest mafia that took the country by coup?

Hmm,...well they toppled a bigger Mafia that was previously democratically elected, maybe it may surprise you that Mafia style governments could be elected !?!?

Archived