Again: Bound, plastic bag over the head in Pattaya

george

Did weird ritual kill car dealer

PATTAYA: -- A SYDNEY man has become the latest of four foreign nationals to die under bizarre and similar circumstances in a Thai holiday spot.

Thai police are still investigating the cause of death of Liverpool man Troy Anthony Hall, found dead in a tiny Pattaya apartment on Wednesday.

Mr Hall's father said he had been led to believe his son's death was a suicide and the pattern was possibly due to some sort of ritual.

The seaside resort town, 140km south of Bangkok, is also known for its seedy underside of sex and drugs.

Mr Hall, 39, a Sydney car dealer, was found with a black plastic bag wrapped around his head and his hands bound behind his back with shoelaces. He was naked from the waist up and a suicide note was found.

It was addressed to a friend of his, Gary, who lived in the same unit block and read, in part: "I'm sorry I couldn't tell you my full intentions but I can't go back to Aust., even for one day."

Pattaya police have investigated several remarkably similar incidents in the town in the past eight months.

In October last year, a Dutch national was found dead with a plastic bag around his head. The next month a French citizen was found the same way. In December, a Danish man also died in similar circumstances.

All three of these deaths occurred within a rough 1km radius.

A spokesperson for the Department of Foreign Affairs yesterday would only say the matter was being investigated by Thai police and Mr Hall's family in Sydney had been notified.

Mr Hall's father said suicide was consistent with the depression that his son had suffered in the past.

His son had worked buying and selling vehicles until he got a drink-driving conviction and had his licence cancelled for a year. Because he could not work without a licence, his son had left for Thailand in April 2003, deciding to spend some time over there until he got his licence back.

Mr Hall's father said he had spoken to his son recently on the phone and he did not seem unhappy.

--news.com.au 2004-05-10

What is it about Pattaya that makes all these folk top themselves?

Davey you should know, you ain't feeling depressed are ya?

Bash

there was an irish guy who tried to commit suicide by hanging himself last year, he failed.

the police reckon he tried to hang himself with his braces, he fell of the chair, bounced, and smashed himself to death on the ceiling :o

would love to know the real story behind these "suicides", I wonder if it will ever come out.

You have to admit that to put the plastic bag on the head while the hands are tied behing the back is quite an accomplishment.

Everything and anything is possible in Thailand, Dr.

Farangs when in Thailand get very ingenious as far as suicide is concerned.

Especially in Pattaya.

Must be the climate,...

would love to know the real story behind these "suicides", I wonder if it will ever come out.

You have to admit that to put the plastic bag on the head while the hands are tied behing the back is quite an accomplishment.

Everything and anything is possible in Thailand, Dr.

Farangs when in Thailand get very ingenious as far as suicide is concerned.

Especially in Pattaya.

Must be the climate,...

Admittedly the Pattaya population is one step ahead of the rest, but are we really that far advanced? :o

lets say somebody familliar or in an authourotive position rings your doorbel.

You open the door ??

they then put a gun in your face and tell you you need a plastic bag over your head. they wait untill suffocated and put you nicely on the bed. no struggle , nobody heard something...

or they play suffocation game with a lass "because the sex is better then" :o. Doesn't explain the tied hands though ??

it's probably best to tie a guys hands before you put the bag on of course :D.

the conclusions are in the white spaces between the lines :D

These sucide notes are readily availible at most internet cafe's in several written styles to include full color printed ones with thai translation to make it easier for the police to read. Also instructions to check the pockets to make sure all baht has been removed.......

actually i was talking to a couple of guys in the foreign crime suppression unit a couple of months ago, i asked them whether they thought it strange that within less than one year 3 farangs in the karat condo had committed suicide the same way,ie bag over the head and tied up,this is only a small condo,ie 3 storeys i think and maybe 30 rooms a floor,one of them didnt think it was strange but the other ones eyes lit up as he realised that it was a ###### of a coincedence,but that was as far as it went...oh well.

a car dealer from Liverpool,

Whenever one of these fine upstanding pillars of the comunity pop their clogs it is a tragic loss not only to people who can't get their money back for the heap of junk they were sold but to the rest of us as well.

He will be sorely missed, sorely missed by the bar owners anyway.

Okay thats it, now i am really spooked.

What is the story here ? Serial killings, unpaid laundry tickets ? Man i know they do a good job with just soap and a board but..........

On balance of probability, if you live in this 1 km radius and do not do drugs and keep legal with your extra curriculum activities, will you keep breathing ?

If not what is the ###### apartment block to not go to unless your on a tourist bus driving by ?

Does this stuff happen in Phuket too ?

Are tourist police effective in some regions more than others, assuming effective means helping keep the peace ?

Not that I know squat, but i like to think that if this guys family wanted donations to do something constructive about this, i bet there are alot of people that would help get the police to look into this with a few more resources at their disposal.

Coming to grips with a jilted girl friend (turned entrepreneur overnight), you gotta figure there were some funny looks exchange over ricebubbles in the morning before it happened.

But in this case it makes you wonder if some new real estate entrepreneur has cooked up a new get rich quick scheme.

Could you imagine having to sell your unit to another farang, knowing they did not know the history of the tenancies ? It would bother me.

How many more will die before this 1 km or this apartment block gets a name that will stick in the minds of the world press ?

Perhaps i am being niave, perhaps there is more to this, and a consistent motive.

Suicide, clearly.

Or maybe Erco and Polo finally got their act together...and put some sad losers out of their misery. kkk, Pattaya chapter.

Maybe it was Polo that topped himself. He's a sad tosser that lives in Pattaya. He's had a Thai woman run off and marry another Farang.

These Police would probably welcome a little overtime.

I believe they are getting terrible pay anyway.

Could probably solve it by getting many many eyes and ears over a wide space.

Bit of organisation and wheel turning, and this thing could be stopped by the people that know how to stop it.

Businessman clubs may pitch in, parents of deceased, lawyers settling wills, forum readers.

There has to be some influencial Farangs that know someone that knows someone of influence.

This last guy was only 12 months there and only because his drivers licence was suspended for F## sake.

i got it. collect a toll from all farangs coming into Pattaya via a main road.

say $5 each.

Money goes to Police for over time.

Project called "Stop the serial killer"

If its the cops doing the deed in the first place, then the money goes towards implementing a policy of 2 strikes and your out. 1st strike is a warning if your name is on the donation register.