American man falls to his death at Patong condo

webfact

9 hours ago, HooHaa said:

for someone who spends so much time on this site, one would have assumed you could read, however the comments you make seem to have no relation to the actual news article posted.

That's what colinneil does, spends a lot of time on here, comments early and comments on many new threads with some throw away 'same same' drivel cementing all the stereotypes.

Unfortunately, even changing the system from number of posts below your user ID to emphasizing number of likes hasn't really helped raising the quality level.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, dunroaming said:

Personally if I was going to end it all by jumping then I would have wanted to be higher than the fourth floor (in Britain that is the 3rd floor).

He was a poor man and could only afford a low floor condo. Had he been rich, he would have bought a high floor condo to jump (or more likely, get pushed out of) out of. But seriously, 4th floor?  I wonder if he was mortally wounded, prior to being pushed out of a relatively low floor.

here is what probably happened.........he fell for the old...I love you long time darling.  really, i love you.  i take care of you darling for very long time dahling.........then the poor bastard got totally fleeced of all he had worked for his whole life.......and could not take it any more......sound familiar????

15 hours ago, colinneil said:

He jumped after stabbing himself in the back, bloody rubbish.

Brain dead police again, farang dead  below a balcony, so he must have jumped.!!

Why are the Police brain dead?  Where does it say, anywhere, that he suffered stab wounds?  Why  sensationalise, did you even bother to read the whole story.? It doesn't contain a lot of information so I can't see how you came to such conclusions.  Yes I can, guessing and just saying anything that gives rise to bagging the coppers.  Make you feel good? :wai:

I notice several members mocking/ criticising my post on this subject.

Something else i noticed ,not 1 of you criticised my post about the poor girl (SATANG) and her father.

Nor did any of you offer support/ money towards helping the poor girl.

I sleep easy at night, critiicise  all you want, you bunch of tight wads.

13 minutes ago, scotchonrocks said:

“Wounds on his back” specifically called out in the article says to me he was probably stabbed. Unlikely a fall from this height would inflict “back wounds” sufficient enough to report at least. 

Really.  During my years of service as a member of the NSW Police force I attended many incidents involving falls from varying heights and depending on how the deceased fell, if he impacted with any objects on the way down,  how he landed and upon what object, they can and did sustain similar injuries.  Have you ever heard of injuries being sustained after a one punch incident, when the victim fell backwards, maybe a metre and sustained a fractured skull and died from bleeding of the brain?   

Now I trust you have been to the site, were duly informed of the circumstances and have, in a competent manner, reached your conclusion.  Injuries are always sustained in falls, sometimes occasioned to the face, chest and stomach areas, the back, or legs, together with various broken bones.  And you knowledge allows you to reach a conclusion that the back wounds would be so insignificant that they would not warrant being reported, unless they were stab wounds.  Another fine TV Detective's assumption.

To me, with my almost 30 years experience in law enforcement, it says to me that one should never draw an inference without full knowledge of the circumstances as it often leads to the incorrect conclusion, makes one look foolish and only highlights that they have no idea of what they are talking about.  However, it you have inside knowledge, and are privy to the finding of the autopsy, and that information confirms you response they I will say  :sorry: but I doubt it so please don't play policeman as, at this point, you're are an abject failure. :wai:

17 hours ago, colinneil said:

Brain dead police again, farang dead  below a balcony, so he must have jumped.!!

Where oh where does it say he was stabbed in the back.  Rather than say your comments are bloody rubbish I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you are having a bad day mate. But this TV hysterical all police are stupid comments need to stop. 

1 hour ago, scotchonrocks said:

“Wounds on his back” specifically called out in the article says to me he was probably stabbed. Unlikely a fall from this height would inflict “back wounds” sufficient enough to report at least. 

Your paranoia and biased mind caused you to assume he was stabbed. Relax mate. The world is not that bad in Thailand. 

Some of you guys don't get the point: Policemen do POLICE WORK. 

They are predisposed to think suicide, or to pretend it is suicide because they don't want to investigate. REAL policemen would see penetrative wounds to the back and have a coroner, a doctor, not Somchai at the station, take a look to see if the wounds are clean cuts (stab wounds) or jagged wounds where he landed on something. 

But I guarantee you we will never hear about this case again.

14 hours ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

In 'Great' Britain no need to jump as the smoke will get you.

RIP Grenfell Tower Victims.

Alternatively if you were in the US you would most likely be shot dead by a maniac with an automatic weapon

5 hours ago, nickmondo said:

here is what probably happened.........he fell for the old...I love you long time darling.  really, i love you.  i take care of you darling for very long time dahling.........then the poor bastard got totally fleeced of all he had worked for his whole life.......and could not take it any more......sound familiar????

Or, he could have been diagnosed with a terminal illness.

PS. Where did you get such an awesome, narrow-minded view? Is it natural or do you need to wear something on your head?

2 hours ago, Wake Up said:

Where oh where does it say he was stabbed in the back.  Rather than say your comments are bloody rubbish I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you are having a bad day mate. But this TV hysterical all police are stupid comments need to stop. 

:passifier::passifier::passifier:      

44 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Or, he could have been diagnosed with a terminal illness.

PS. Where did you get such an awesome, narrow-minded view? Is it natural or do you need to wear something on your head?

Are you suggesting, what the member describes, never happens here? 

If so, perhaps YOU should be wearing something on your head. 

If not, why couldn't it be the motive for suicide in this particular case?

2 hours ago, soistalker said:

Some of you guys don't get the point: Policemen do POLICE WORK. 

They are predisposed to think suicide, or to pretend it is suicide because they don't want to investigate. REAL policemen would see penetrative wounds to the back and have a coroner, a doctor, not Somchai at the station, take a look to see if the wounds are clean cuts (stab wounds) or jagged wounds where he landed on something. 

But I guarantee you we will never hear about this case again.

where do you get penetrative wounds, certainly not in the information provided.

personally, i believe threads like this provide a valuable service in that they help expose the many asshats who post regularly on thai visa

20 hours ago, colinneil said:

Who said he stabbed himself or that he was even stabbed?

"....with wounds on his back. A medical examination at Patong Hospital revealed that his right arm was broken and right shoulder fractured, said police".   

Okay. the only questionable, for me, comment by the "reporter" is 'wounds to his back"!  Falling from a fourth story balcony could undoubtedly  easily result in AT LEAST a broken right arm and right shoulder"!  But what is the nature of these "wounds to his back"?   Landing on his back would presumably result in some form of "wounds to the back"!  But, without any further description of those wounds, any thoughts as to the cause of those "wounds" is mere speculation!!   

I would like to comment, though, on the height of the average apartment balcony walls in Thailand, which from experience is approx. 30 inches...perhaps in some cases as much as 36 inches but never more.  It has been my feeling as 6'1 person, that a 30 - 36" retaining wall is TOTALLY inadequate!!  A minimum of 40 inches, imo, should be mandated in a country that values its "farang" tourist industry!   BUT, then again..."them's the risks we taller than the average Thai, take, I guess" if using those balconies.......especially after a few drinks!!  And I have lived in countries where the safety of the person is a far lesser consideration than here in Thailand!!!

1 hour ago, Wake Up said:

Everyday must be a bad day for you mate. But probably worse for the one person that has to put up with you on a daily basis.  

Everyday is a bad day, you got that right, putting up with seeing some of the rubbish you post.

You claim i said the police were rubbish, that is something i have never said ( so you are making it up)

I have said on several occasions that the police here are corrupt/liers/incompetent/lazy, but never that they are rubbish, if you insist on quoting me, please get it right.

12 hours ago, colinneil said:

I notice several members mocking/ criticising my post on this subject.

Something else i noticed ,not 1 of you criticised my post about the poor girl (SATANG) and her father.

Nor did any of you offer support/ money towards helping the poor girl.

I sleep easy at night, critiicise  all you want, you bunch of tight wads.

You get criticized for the style and amount of your posts offering put down after put down and nothing of substance.

Regarding your (cop-out) counter argument, I don't live on ThaiVisa, or to post here, and have no idea which thread/post you are talking about.

I was only commenting on the posts from you I happened to see, nice if there's some variety after all. All the best.

22 hours ago, pauleddy said:

Dunromin is correct! Jump from 3rd Floor and you can sometimes get away with broken ankles and hip dislocations.

You need 21 floors----at least, I knew somebody who wanted it so he went up 21.

PS--I worked in ER for 12 years and I have seen more flyers (down) and One Unders (train and tube) than all of you amateur balcony watchers. But I feel better now that people have started to jump again. We had a long dry patch (not a sticky patch...).

Eddy

Yes. Let the new jumping season be a good one . Were off to a flyer already  

Archived