VIDEO: Thai man brutally assaults Aussie expat in Pattaya following road rage incident

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, taipan1949 said:

Looks like Thailand is still a dangerous place for Australians. I am happy Canadian who lived in peace with the Thais for 30 years and learned to speak fluent Thai in my early years much to the displeasure of my then Thai wife, Farang loo mahk mai dee.

Would have to ask why is any more danger for Aussies than any other farang?

Easy 3 steps for good and long life in Thailand:

-no buying house i cant own

-not get married

-never drive car or motorbike

10 years for me and not one problem

4 minutes ago, r136dg said:

The only wrong here is the crazy old machete weilding nut bag should've been punched out and disarmed at the orginal confrontation site. Not cold cocked in a school yard!

I agree, this Aussie needs to go home, he will be lucky he is not  being charged for attempted murder, carrying such a weapon and trying to use it. Doesn't matter about the traffic incident, this is not how you deal with it no matter what

1 hour ago, AllThaiedUp said:

And... dropped by a girly punch. That big ring the guy's wearing is the only reason it drew blood. Guess he thought he was safe because the police were right there but let that be a lesson... Always expect the unexpected.

Two sides of a coin mate.

https://www.facebook.com/PattayaEasternnews/videos/1641139075928565/

Anyone that takes a machete on a school run.

needs to leave.  not got any sympathy for the guy yet.

Does anyone know what exactly started it

Why did the Thai guys car stop in front of the Oz guy.

causing the Oz guy to get out and get the machete  out the back of the car ?

6 minutes ago, kcpattaya said:

Not to mention the cowardly punch by the Thai thug.

Unlikely as it might seem to most here, the luckiest thing to happen to that fool today was the fact the policeman was there.

If he hadn't been, that punch could have easily been a blade.

8 minutes ago, kcpattaya said:

I find the worst part of it that it happens right in front of many innocent school kids.
Great example how grown-ups can't control their "emotions"...
Not to mention the cowardly punch by the Thai thug.

So..it's ok for the mentally-challenged farang to take out a knife and smash the windows of the car of the jewellry shop owner - with his wife and infant in the car? That's ok, is it? You need to do a little more viewing of the realities of what happened. 

Just now, hyku1147 said:

That old chestnut!!

If you can find the full video online, you'll see that it was, in fact, the 6-foot-plus drunken oaf of a son who started it by shoving a Thai bloke out of the way as he was stumbling through the throng.

Now while that shove might not have been enough to justify the softening up they received, it was they who got physical first.

The old biddy's slap and her husband's sucker punch over the top of his son's shoulder didn't help.

Much confusion could have been avoided if the cop simply arrested the Thai guy giving a punch.

Yes, I saw the footage and the Australian guy should be deported, but you can't really blame a bunch of people concluding what happened simply on the footage provided.

Act like a civilized country plz. Arrest the guy then give the maximum punishment to that old fool.

Both as bad as each other! Violence breeds violence! That being said, police should have arrested the Thai Guy instantly after flooring the pensioner. 100% GBH, in a school, in front of his daughter is not  good! Instead BIB let him continue ranting "I KILL YOU! Difficult to tell, with grainy footage, if the pensioner instigated the initial attack on the road or not. Knife could just have been for self defence and to put anyone off the idea of attacking him. That being said, well out of order for running him over! I'd have them both doing 100 hours of community service together, in some local government hospital, bandaging up RTA victims, or something, who knows, maybe they would actually become friends!

Amazing how, even with the new footage showing the farang getting out his car with a knife - after being forced to stop by the Thai (after being side-swiped by the farang), then being run over by the old fart that TVF folks are still defending the Aussie. Truly mind-blowing. 

I bet you have heaps of Thai friends that respect you. 

1 hour ago, Thai Ron said:

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

You forgot the other golden rule.

In the Thaivisa Supreme Court, any contact, dispute of confrontation between a Thai native and a farang will always be "Somchai's" fault because everyone knows that farangs are simply incapable of wrongdoing.

If you don't want to live here, you know where the airport is.

Send me the bill for your taxi fare

Sorry to have insulted you and the Thaivisa Supreme Court.  Therefore, I was wrong to express my opinion.  I will send you the taxi bill when I leave.  

Reckon 500 baht fine for the Thai guy,  reduced to 250 for not

running away after the punch. :thumbsup:

1.4 million baht Fine for the Oz guy

for tarnishing the good name of Pattaya.

100.000 Fine for carrying a machete.

50,000      Fine for scaring the school kids.

Think that is about the going rate for road rage in Thailand.

Plus a medal for the great police man in the clip

The thai should have been immeadiately arrested for this serious assault on an elderly person.  The police did absolutely nothing and displayed the attitude, its just a farang no harm done or law broken.  Soi dogs get more action from police and shows where farangs sit on the scale.  The attacker would be looking at a mandatory 2 years in aust for this unprovoked attack.  Hopefully a simple sorry and a wai to the police wont be his punishment 

2 minutes ago, Thechook said:

The thai should have been immeadiately arrested for this serious assault on an elderly person.  The police did absolutely nothing and displayed the attitude, its just a farang no harm done or law broken.  Soi dogs get more action from police and shows where farangs sit on the scale.  The attacker would be looking at a mandatory 2 years in aust for this unprovoked attack.  Hopefully a simple sorry and a wai to the police wont be his punishment 

Have you seen the video of what the farang did previously, attacked the thai guy and family with a machete, then ran him over. I would have done the same.

4 minutes ago, Thechook said:

Do try and keep up....

1 hour ago, Thai Ron said:

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

You forgot the other golden rule.

In the Thaivisa Supreme Court, any contact, dispute of confrontation between a Thai native and a farang will always be "Somchai's" fault because everyone knows that farangs are simply incapable of wrongdoing.

If you don't want to live here, you know where the airport is.

Send me the bill for your taxi fare

gee, Thai Ron, you seem to be upset more at his suggestion to leave Thailand than the issue at hand. He seems to have expressed his feelings rather well and in terms we all should understand.

17 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Have you seen the video of what the farang did previously, attacked the thai guy and family with a machete, then ran him over. I would have done the same.

You really don't get it, do you? Or you do and you are just trolling?

But to be fair, the police would likely do nothing if it was a Thai guy instead of Farang.

Maybe you don't want Thai police to act professionally, but I do.

Your replies are puzzling. Maybe it benefits you this way? Who knows....

Archived