VIDEO: Thai man brutally assaults Aussie expat in Pattaya following road rage incident

Jonathan Fairfield

2 hours ago, Cancerian said:

How was the Aussies guy blocked off he managed to run the thai guy over as he drove around his car. Why could he not do that without getting out of his car to get a weapon

The only mistake the old man made was driving to slow lol

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Watching the video again, that is a brutal assault on a 77 year old man.

Anyone that watches that and isn't shocked or thinks that is acceptable needs to have a good long look at themselves.

Look at the children standing there while the Thai man threatens repeatedly to kill the incapacitated old man.

Quite simply disgusting behaviour and those condoning it should be ashamed of themselves. 

The overwhelming consensus is that the douche got less than what he deserved.

You can repeat your outrage parrot fashion until the cows come homebut you're not changing anyone's mind.

Oh and, by the way, the Thai was saying "You tried to kill me" - he wasn't threatening to kill the moron.

If you can't even get the basics right, what makes you think that endless repetition will get your "point" over any more convincingly?

6 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Watching the video again, that is a brutal assault on a 77 year old man.

Anyone that watches that and isn't shocked or thinks that is acceptable needs to have a good long look at themselves.

Look at the children standing there while the Thai man threatens repeatedly to kill the incapacitated old man.

Quite simply disgusting behaviour and those condoning it should be ashamed of themselves. 

I whole heartedly agree - The Thai Man needs to receive punishment for his brutal assault.

Equally so, the British/Australian Pensioner need to receive punishment for his dangerous assault. 

Both parties were clearly in the wrong, both of their actions were in flagrant disregard of the law, both attacks could have proven deadly. Both parties need to be dealt with seriously and receive punishment sufficient enough to send the message out to others that behavior such as this is not tolerated and will be dealt with harshly. Of course, the weak link here is the shocking level or policing and ridiculously small penalties for such actions. 

1 hour ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Most Thai males carry weapons in their vehicles. 

How do you know all these things , been watching too many videos ?  My Thai friend do not have a weapon in his car. 

17 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

The Thai man clearly says "I kill you, I kill you" several times.

You are an apologist for grotesque violence in front of children.

Congratulations. 

No he doesn't

He's saying "I have clip, I have clip".

Go find your ear trumpet and watch it again

watching the video the thai walked away then turned and lined the old guy up for a sucker punch and the ring he was wearing was worn for this reason (bird finger)and was to inflict as much damage as possible ..lesson to be learnt is when in an argument with a Thai never look away cause this is what happens ,and did anyone notice the other guy standing there who  was ready to get involved ..looks like the Thai's brother 

another one was the fight between the 2 motorcycle taxi riders who were having a dance and looked worn out then the 3rd taxi rider jumped in and gave the fat guy a wack on the side of the head knocking him to the ground ...and then casually walks off with the chest out as to say ...showed him ...unbelievable ...

On 10/12/2017 at 5:48 PM, elnet1 said:

You are correct, he might be better if he was charged and deported. As I knew a Thai that ran afoul of some mafia types and ran off to Malaysia and they eventually found him and bashed him in the head with a hammer by two guys on a moto and killed him.

I dunno...I think you are over-exaggerating a little. The Thai guy in this particular case will be happy if he doesn't have anything to do with this guy again. He got his revenge. There is no evidence he is a mafia type and only a tiny percentage of the Thai male population are mafia. Ordinary people (even people like this guy) don't keep going at something like this especially after all the media attention people know his face, they can find out who he is, where he lives etc. and if something were to happen to the Aussie guy everyone would know who to blame.

The reason why the Thai guy you know was attacked is exactly because he got on the wrong side of some mafia types. Mafia are unpredictable and potentially dangerous.

Let me tell you a story about a similar situation - a Vietnamese friend of mine drops me at the main Vietnamese-Cambodian border crossing. Actually I was driving his car and then I parked on the side of the road after doing a u-turn about 50m from the border. Motorcycle mafia comes up to us to bring me across to the Cambodian side where I parked my car. They want a slightly higher price than what I'd like to pay but I'm willing to negotiate. My friend seems uncompromising and takes my luggage off his motorcycle. I find his reaction to be a little too extreme, so I tell him I'll handle this myself.

The mafia aren't happy about my friend's actions. In the end I walk a few metres towards immigration and customs where that same guy offers to take me over. I get confused over the exchange rate while I'm exchanging Dong for Riel (normally I would go for USD but the lady didn't have any) and in the end offer him the same amount in Riel that he wanted in Dong. He's happy. Another guy wants some money to give to immigration to get my exit stamp. I brush him off. Then I get on the bike, I'm driven to the Cambodian side, get stamped in, then driven to my car which is parked in the immigration area. I realize the amount I offered is the same as the original amount he wanted in Dong. I give him that amount in Dong. He is smiling and happy, we shake hands. Seemed like a very nice guy to me despite his angry face a few minutes earlier.

Little do I realize what was unfolding on the other side of the border to my friend. He is punched and knocked in the face by the mafia, then he runs away, where they give chase holding bats and sticks. He eventually makes it back to his car by which time they have already backed off. A couple of days later when I make first contact with him since that trip (not knowing any of this) he tells me his story. I'm shocked.

Moral of the story is - don't upset the wrong people BUT don't assume that every local is out to get you.

3 hours ago, jimster said:

I dunno...I think you are over-exaggerating a little. The Thai guy in this particular case will be happy if he doesn't have anything to do with this guy again. He got his revenge. There is no evidence he is a mafia type and only a tiny percentage of the Thai male population are mafia. Ordinary people (even people like this guy) don't keep going at something like this especially after all the media attention people know his face, they can find out who he is, where he lives etc. and if something were to happen to the Aussie guy everyone would know who to blame.

The reason why the Thai guy you know was attacked is exactly because he got on the wrong side of some mafia types. Mafia are unpredictable and potentially dangerous.

Let me tell you a story about a similar situation - a Vietnamese friend of mine drops me at the main Vietnamese-Cambodian border crossing. Actually I was driving his car and then I parked on the side of the road after doing a u-turn about 50m from the border. Motorcycle mafia comes up to us to bring me across to the Cambodian side where I parked my car. They want a slightly higher price than what I'd like to pay but I'm willing to negotiate. My friend seems uncompromising and takes my luggage off his motorcycle. I find his reaction to be a little too extreme, so I tell him I'll handle this myself.

The mafia aren't happy about my friend's actions. In the end I walk a few metres towards immigration and customs where that same guy offers to take me over. I get confused over the exchange rate while I'm exchanging Dong for Riel (normally I would go for USD but the lady didn't have any) and in the end offer him the same amount in Riel that he wanted in Dong. He's happy. Another guy wants some money to give to immigration to get my exit stamp. I brush him off. Then I get on the bike, I'm driven to the Cambodian side, get stamped in, then driven to my car which is parked in the immigration area. I realize the amount I offered is the same as the original amount he wanted in Dong. I give him that amount in Dong. He is smiling and happy, we shake hands. Seemed like a very nice guy to me despite his angry face a few minutes earlier.

Little do I realize what was unfolding on the other side of the border to my friend. He is punched and knocked in the face by the mafia, then he runs away, where they give chase holding bats and sticks. He eventually makes it back to his car by which time they have already backed off. A couple of days later when I make first contact with him since that trip (not knowing any of this) he tells me his story. I'm shocked.

Moral of the story is - don't upset the wrong people BUT don't assume that every local is out to get you.

Yes, I'm not implying this gold dealer is connected to the mafia (my friend had borrowed money from them and couldn't make the payment). In this case, the thai was angry enough to punch the old guy in front of police, what makes you think he is calmed down, now that he's lost face to an old foreigner?  You think the thai will shake hands and laugh it off? You are rather naive thinking this guy won't retaliate.

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:45 PM, krystian said:

Call the real police!! damn it that a$$hole shld hve been arrested for assault already!! 

Armchair quarterbacks everywhere. Rumors, and he said she said. I don't believe anyone will ever sort this out especially the incompetent BIB. All of you are guessing unless you saw it first hand. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/12/2017 at 6:44 PM, jeab1980 said:

So if this old codger had attacked you with a machete. Then ran into you with his cas forcing you to fly into the airvand land heavily on the road. You would just walk up to him once you had caught up and said fair dinkom mate.? 

I know i wouldnt.

Perhaps I did not make myself clear.  I meant that to strike a person whilst they are looking away from you is a coward's act.  The police were there to handle the incident no matter what your view of the RTP.  No, I wouldn't be saying "Fair Dinkum Mate" either.  The old guy's behaviour was disgraceful indeed.

On 09/11/2017 at 11:28 AM, scottide said:

Perhaps I did not make myself clear.  I meant that to strike a person whilst they are looking away from you is a coward's act.  The police were there to handle the incident no matter what your view of the RTP.  No, I wouldn't be saying "Fair Dinkum Mate" either.  The old guy's behaviour was disgraceful indeed.

Perhaps it was not clear that trying to run someone over who was not looking is a cowards act.  He the old fool got exactly what he deserved. 

Archived