VIDEO: Thai man brutally assaults Aussie expat in Pattaya following road rage incident

Jonathan Fairfield

3 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Which a$$hole ? the Thai guy has (defensive) cuts on his arms from the earlier machete incident.

From what we have seen from the video regarding the earlier confrontation, yes the Aussie was in the Wrong, However I cannot understand some people defending this Thai thug, who at this stage, unprovoked, viciously attacked a man so much older, that it could have resulted in a far more serious outcome, for both men.

Just wondering, if this had been a strapping 25yr old Aussie, would he also have acted the same.

As for the policeman, no surprise there.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, nontabury said:

From what we have seen from the video regarding the earlier confrontation, yes the Aussie was in the Wrong, However I cannot understand some people defending this Thai thug, who at this stage, unprovoked, viciously attacked a man so much older, that it could have resulted in a far more serious outcome, for both men.

Just wondering, if this had been a strapping 25yr old Aussie, would he also have acted the same.

Or the aussie thug who cowadly hit the guy with his car trying to kill him. Carma i call it.

if other evidence is true or not.  Police should have dropped the attacker straight after the incident.  in cuffs and in car.

instead it was ask farang for passport.

these people are racist even if they don't have a word for it.

the fact that little kids in schools start tlaking about dark and white skin and learn from teachers and other students is fact enough, get a thai started talking on their feelings towards indians and chinese then you know it.

3 hours ago, meatboy said:

saw the clip on channel 3 news,that was no KNIFE. that was the African tribes use to chop down trees.

That's a new twist. The deranged Aussie went to Africa and got himself an axe from the tribes. There is ALWAYS an African connection.....isn't there? 

I'll defend tbe policeman. He looked to the welfare of the Aussie, ensuring he got medical attention. Attempting; on his own; to handcuff the puncher would have escalated matters further. Both protagonists are on film and we all know who they are.

The cop probably had good cause to arrest both parties but waiting for backup and keeping the situation as calm as he could was good work.

I do wonder how such a situation would have panned out in other countries.

3 minutes ago, nontabury said:

What do you mean unprovoked ? The guy and his family has just been attacked with a machete and run over and the farang is denying it. 

Why is it that an attack on a family with a machete, smashing windows, cutting the Thai guys arms and running him over, is "the aussie was in the wrong"

But a single punch, in anger from the thai guy, is a "Vicious attack"

13 minutes ago, champers said:

I'll defend tbe policeman. He looked to the welfare of the Aussie, ensuring he got medical attention. Attempting; on his own; to handcuff the puncher would have escalated matters further. Both protagonists are on film and we all know who they are.

The cop probably had good cause to arrest both parties but waiting for backup and keeping the situation as calm as he could was good work.

I do wonder how such a situation would have panned out in other countries.

I agree, the policeman knew nobody was going anywhere, attempting to handcuff the thai guy would have probably led to a scuffle and more injuries. The aussie guy was recieving medical treatment etc.

4 hours ago, krystian said:

Call the real police!! damn it that a$$hole shld hve been arrested for assault already!! 

Exactly. What happened leading up the incident could have been sorted out at the police station... and later in court. The Thai guy should have been arrested and cuffed on the spot. 

That's what should have happened, but what should happen rarely does here. My wife was attacked inside the interview room of the Soi 9 police station by 2 aggressive Thai females in front of senior police officers. One of them went to punch her in the face but she ducked and it glanced her shoulder. It caused her some pain but no visible bruising. They did absolutely nothing and pretended it didn't happen. They said she provoked the attack.

Watch yourself in Thailand and be on your best behaviour at all times. Nobody has got your back - you're all alone. The best you can do is have a very good lawyer on speed dial. We ended up getting a good lawyer, but too late to help us in the above incident.

2 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

What do you mean unprovoked ? The guy and his family has just been attacked with a machete and run over and the farang is denying it. 

Why is it that an attack on a family with a machete, smashing windows, cutting the Thai guys arms and running him over, is "the aussie was in the wrong"

But a single punch, in anger from the thai guy, is a "Vicious attack"

Please re-read my post. I said AT THAT STAGE the Thai was not being provoked.

If the Thai had controlled his temper, and simple insisted that the policeman dealt with the Aussie. Then I would be in full support of the THai. As has been previously stated, the Aussie was the cause of the disturbance.

4 hours ago, AllThaiedUp said:

And... dropped by a girly punch. That big ring the guy's wearing is the only reason it drew blood. Guess he thought he was safe because the police were right there but let that be a lesson... Always expect the unexpected.

A girly punch? It looked like full blow sucker punch to me. And delivered to an old man. Why the Thai was not arrested for assault immediately is beyond me. Ah. The puncher owns a gold shop. Plenty of dosh there.

Farang:

attempted vehicular manslaughter

Assault with a deadly weapon / attempted murder.

Thai:

Assault (he cannot claim self defense at that point)

death threat (he clearly says 'i will kill you' or something like that)

both probably going to jail.. Or 500 baht fine + wai :)

The Aussie asked for it, attacking  a Thai with a machete is not a good idea, he should have known better at his age. Yes feel sorry for him but TIT , if you ask for trouble you will get it.

Total scumbag Thai man, attacking a old man like this way.

I feel sad for the little daughter of that man, she will have that shock and trauma in her whole life.

How does anyone feel if their parents attacked ? Even after that police did not put a handcuff on him, what a non-scenes country is this ?

If a foreigner attacked Thai, will the police behave same way ?

11 minutes ago, hobz said:

Farang:

attempted vehicular manslaughter

Assault with a deadly weapon / attempted murder.

Thai:

Assault (he cannot claim self defense at that point)

death threat (he clearly says 'i will kill you' or something like that)

both probably going to jail.. Or 500 baht fine + wai :)

None of this is good for the aussie guys visa renewal. If he gets deported i dont think he can complain. Being 72 may go in his favour though. 

15 minutes ago, NextStationBangkok said:

I feel sad for the little daughter of that man, she will have that shock and trauma in her whole life.

How does anyone feel if their parents attacked ? Even after that police did not put a handcuff on him, what a non-scenes country is this ?

The old idiot attacked him with a machete and tried to kill him with his car.

5 hours ago, AllThaiedUp said:

And... dropped by a girly punch. That big ring the guy's wearing is the only reason it drew blood. Guess he thought he was safe because the police were right there but let that be a lesson... Always expect the unexpected.

So a 35 year beefy guy coward punches a 72 year old skinny bloke from behind and you think its worth a smart comment. Mate, less than that would take you down I reckon and I hope it happens soon.

19 minutes ago, Franko666 said:

So a 35 year beefy guy coward punches a 72 year old skinny bloke from behind and you think its worth a smart comment. Mate, less than that would take you down I reckon and I hope it happens soon.

did you look the other video ? i dont give a shit how old and how skinny the guy is , if he try to attack me and wife/baby with a machete does it really matters ?

3 hours ago, smotherb said:

gee, Thai Ron, you seem to be upset more at his suggestion to leave Thailand than the issue at hand. He seems to have expressed his feelings rather well and in terms we all should understand.

Not upset. I just think his "Thais are always int he wrong" attitude is far too prevalent among Thailand's expats.

1 hour ago, NextStationBangkok said:

Yes as clearly demonstrated in both videos.

This is what you get if you start chasing a Thai down the street with a machete in Thailand. I'm sorry, but I have no sympathy what so ever for the Aussie idiot. Yes - cowardly move to sucker punch someone, but how <deleted> stupid can you be? What did he expect?

Archived