VIDEO: Thai man brutally assaults Aussie expat in Pattaya following road rage incident

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, Forethat said:

This is what you get if you start chasing a Thai down the street with a machete in Thailand. I'm sorry, but I have no sympathy what so ever for the Aussie idiot. Yes - cowardly move to sucker punch someone, but how <deleted> stupid can you be? What did he expect?

I don't think too many people who have seen the other footage would have much sympathy for the Aussie dude. However, do we need to make such stereotypical assumptions like you did? Do you really think that if this Aussie bloke with a machete in his hand were chasing another Aussie bloke down the streets of some random place in Australia in an identical incident, that the victim wouldn't react? Quite possibly the person being chased down would have reacted in a much more violent manner than this Thai gold shop employee.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, uncleeagle said:

What upsets me is the little girl crying.

Both the Australian and the Thai man should be arrested and be made to spend sme time behind bars. And the policeman should be fired for being incompetent.

Completely agree. This is probably the best comment so far on this thread.

5 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Why?  It means the Thai has got himself in to a whole lot of bother.

Not as much as the farang for producing a machete on video and proceeding to damage the Thai's car with it.

When the video's played in court, I'm hoping the Thai will be let off with a caution in the face of considerable provocation.

28 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

My thoughts;

1. Was the Thai guy wearing lipstick?

2. Good punch!

3. Ring did the damage, 3 or 4 stitches to clean that up.

4. The whole incident is a road rage situation that got out of hand. No way should the old Aussie guy have tried to run the Thai guy over.

5. Much as I can understand the Thai guy's anger, a hefty shove would have sufficed, as even I don't like to see old men (70+) being punched, even though I've met a few that deserve one...

Yes, the Aussie shouldn't have tried to run the Thai over, but the policeman didn't directly witness that incident. If the Thai would have let the court sort this all out, I'm sure they would have ruled in his favor and jailed the Aussie. However, now, this assault might substantiate the Aussie's contention that the Thai was extremely violent and his explanation of him grabbing the knife was to defend himself and his young child.

28 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

My thoughts;

1. Was the Thai guy wearing lipstick?

2. Good punch!

3. Ring did the damage, 3 or 4 stitches to clean that up.

4. The whole incident is a road rage situation that got out of hand. No way should the old Aussie guy have tried to run the Thai guy over.

5. Much as I can understand the Thai guy's anger, a hefty shove would have sufficed, as even I don't like to see old men (70+) being punched, even though I've met a few that deserve one...

Yes, the Aussie shouldn't have tried to run the Thai over, but the policeman didn't directly witness that incident. If the Thai would have let the court sort this all out, I'm sure they would have ruled in his favor and jailed the Aussie. However, now, this assault might substantiate the Aussie's contention that the Thai was extremely violent and his explanation of him grabbing the knife was to defend himself and his young child.

1 minute ago, elnet1 said:

I'm sure he got more satisfaction out of banging that idiot's lights out.

He'll probably get away with a caution once the video's played in court

1 minute ago, Thai Ron said:

Not as much as the farang for producing a machete on video and proceeding to damage the Thai's car with it.

When the video's played in court, I'm hoping the Thai will be let off with a caution in the face of considerable provocation.

This is Thailand: I suppose it could happen.

Anywhere else- well he's guilty as guilty can be of serious assault.  Provocation would not stand up as it was after the event, and there is also the ferocity of the punch to be considered.

2 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

This is Thailand: I suppose it could happen.

Anywhere else- well he's guilty as guilty can be of serious assault.  Provocation would not stand up as it was after the event, and there is also the ferocity of the punch to be considered.

Personally, I don't care. He had it coming.

He's lucky he's not dead - he could just as easily have tried that on with a far more dangerous individual.

I'm betting he won't do something so stupid ever again.

The Aussie is scum, attacking the Thai man in his car with a machete in front of his wife and young child. He is lucky he was not put down permanently, because if someone attacked me with a machete with my wife and baby there, I would do whatever I had to do. Deport the senile old b###### after spending a couple of years behind bars.

His daughter is better off without him,  What is someone thinking anyway having a child at 64?

22 minutes ago, speckio said:

orso I read the article and the Australian man claims he was defending himself... and then i see comments that there is a video of him trying to run over the guy... That doesn't sound like self-defense to me.

Terrible situation all around.  People get stupid pretty quickly when they are angry!

the video of both clips show,the ausi guy stopping his car in the middle of the road,getting out of his car and retrieving a machetti then running down the road after the thai who is still in his car,then the ausi proceeds to attack his car and terrify the thais family,then the ausi guy returns to his car,gets in and spots the thai coming towards him,foot hard down on the excellerator and hits the thai up into the air,a clear case of HIT AND RUN,lucky for the thai he was able to land without serious injury.at that point the ausi guy confronts the copper,and gives the thai a mouthful,so up until this the thai has had his life threatned,run over,so who would have taken it on the chin and said sorry farang it was all my fault.

still the ausi guy cant keep his mouth shut,so the thai lands a left hook and shuts the ausi's mouth.

I would rather see the two men get together and shake hands and call it a day.but the serious of the attempted murder against one punch is far more serious than a amickable settlement.one more thing this thai owns a gold shop,and normally they carry a gun,so this ausi guy must count his lucky stars that the thai didn't protect his family and claim self defence.

46 minutes ago, rickb said:

When you've seen both clips, the one where the farang threatens the Thai man with a machete and then tries to run the Thai man over with his car, followed by the one above where the Thai man punches the farang, you can begin to understand the Thai man's rage.  I don't understand why we farangs can't just accept that we are guests in this country and they do not always do things exactly like we do back home.  I have lost count as to how many times some Thai person has cut me off while driving, or entered the main road from a side road without caring that I was already coming close on the main road and had to slow down to avoid hitting him.  But, that is not reason enough to get totally mad and attack someone with either a machete or my car.  Just yield and stay cool.  This is their country and we farangs need to learn how to co-exist with the Thais.  After watching both clips, I'm really not sure who was most at fault.  But, I'm leaning toward believing the farang got what he deserved.  

"  I have lost count as to how many times some Thai person has cut me off while driving "

In fact it's a daily occurrence regarding the tourist bus drivers along Beach Road and even some of the taxi drivers and you just have to accept it that is their attitude - but only someone bonkers  would ever pull out a machete against them :shock1:

27 minutes ago, Thai Ron said:

Personally, I don't care. He had it coming.

He's lucky he's not dead - he could just as easily have tried that on with a far more dangerous individual.

I'm betting he won't do something so stupid ever again.

24 minutes ago, meatboy said:

the video of both clips show,the ausi guy stopping his car in the middle of the road,getting out of his car and retrieving a machetti then running down the road after the thai who is still in his car,then the ausi proceeds to attack his car and terrify the thais family,then the ausi guy returns to his car,gets in and spots the thai coming towards him,foot hard down on the excellerator and hits the thai up into the air,a clear case of HIT AND RUN,lucky for the thai he was able to land without serious injury.at that point the ausi guy confronts the copper,and gives the thai a mouthful,so up until this the thai has had his life threatned,run over,so who would have taken it on the chin and said sorry farang it was all my fault.

still the ausi guy cant keep his mouth shut,so the thai lands a left hook and shuts the ausi's mouth.

I would rather see the two men get together and shake hands and call it a day.but the serious of the attempted murder against one punch is far more serious than a amickable settlement.one more thing this thai owns a gold shop,and normally they carry a gun,so this ausi guy must count his lucky stars that the thai didn't protect his family and claim self defence.

Both are guilty as guilty can be of their respective offences. End of..

7 hours ago, yougivemebaby said:

Police just stand there after guy is knocked out. Good job guys ! 

Not only that. They  do not immediately physically arrest the offender and handcuff him for immediate transport back to police station. Maybe checking for local CCTV footage as police witness within 1 meter is not sufficient? What a joke. Only in Thailand.

Plus the fact the Guy is in his seventies and this scumbag mongrel thug is a third of his age and bravely hits him from the side at full power . Christ!

9 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

What ifs! i didnt happen so why bring it into the conversation crazy you say you know who the tosser is look in the mirror. The  tosser got exactly what he deserved no what ifs FACT.

Platinum Member. Got to be joking - Your "Fools Gold" and your Grammar and spelling is very poor! Thai member Ithink and working for whom politically is logical?

Don't know what happened, no links to vids, but that's still a king hit, now referred to as a cowards punch on an older man. Lucky he didn't crack his head on the gutter and die. Even then the Thai would be ok. What ever happened before this happened but this is still the Thai way. Coward. This is clearly assault and should be treated as such. 

40 minutes ago, jimster said:

I don't think too many people who have seen the other footage would have much sympathy for the Aussie dude. However, do we need to make such stereotypical assumptions like you did? Do you really think that if this Aussie bloke with a machete in his hand were chasing another Aussie bloke down the streets of some random place in Australia in an identical incident, that the victim wouldn't react? Quite possibly the person being chased down would have reacted in a much more violent manner than this Thai gold shop employee.

Stereotypical assumption? What are you talking about? It's a fact, isn't, if you threaten people in Thailand and/or behave in a manner that is guaranteed being received as an attempt to threaten/ridicule the locals - you WILL eventually end up in a situation like this? 

I would have understood if the person who was the target of the sucker punch was a tourist, but this was clearly someone who lives in Thailand. Allegedly, this guy had a wife, a car and a daughter. How this Aussie guy has managed to avoid the most important lesson to be learned if you plan ANY type of future in Thailand - be NICE and you shall be met with niceness - is something I just cannot understand.

Behave like a dork and you will be knocked out in the streets in front of your wife and children.

Here endeth the lesson.

31 minutes ago, frank0424 said:

A " coward punch"

Oh yah he’s a coward to punch him unarmed. Attacking someone who is unarmed with a machete or running down with their back against him will sound more heroic. Totally agree with you.

just imagine this happening tomorow :

In england , an old and skinny muslim immigrant attacking a british guy with wife and baby with a machete , then try to run them over. The british young guy keep his cool until the old guy instead of feeling sorry start lying to the cops , then  punch him in the face.

I really wonder what many of the guys who called the Thai Guy here a coward ( or even worst racist comments )  would have to say about this ....

Archived