Breaking: Footage emerges of what happened before Aussie was floored in school parking lot

webfact

10 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

He went aggressively towards the car, showing a desire to continue the altercation.

Now, if the Thai was not the aggressor, why did he:

1. Cut off and block the Aussie's vehicle?
  2. Continue to approach the Aussie's vehicle after the Aussie was back inside the car?
  3. Follow the Aussie aggressively all the way to the school?
  4. Assault the Aussie in cowardly fashion when presented with the first opportunity that the odds were in his favour and he would not be subject to retaliation?

We only have two videos. I feel like none of those videos show what actually started everything. 

It's pretty simple, we don't have the whole story, so we cannot judge or tell.

BUT There's no rational reason for the Aussie to get out of his vehicle with a machete.. If he was fearing for his life / trying to defend himself it would be wiser to stay in the car. Same logic ofcourse applies to the Thai man.... That's why they probably both are guilty.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We only have two videos. I feel like none of those videos show what actually started everything. 

It's pretty simple, we don't have the whole story, so we cannot judge or tell.

BUT There's no rational reason for the Aussie to get out of his vehicle with a machete.. If he was fearing for his life / trying to defend himself it would be wiser to stay in the car. Same logic ofcourse applies to the Thai man.... That's why they probably both are guilty.

I would not disagree with that tbh. Both reacted badly at different times, in my opinion from what I've seen the Aussie was more at fault but hopefully in the cold light of day they will both be man enough to shake hands and move on and admit their mistakes..................haha

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Pouring oil on a fire at 72 years old is also not the smartest move in a foreign country where you know the language barrier and xenophobia will automatically make the low trained police side with the natives!

I still say he was wrong and when he went to the rear of his car to retrieve the machete, this was a man enraged who knew exactly what he was doing.

We have a three litre 4 door toyota pick up. Nice but not a racing car but the amount of times at traffic lights or nornal driving that drivers have tried to 'goad ' us into a race I cannot count. We ignore them.

I recall me having a collision in the centre of Bangkok at rush hour. It was horrendous. In my view it was the Thai drivers fault. However, we were the only party insured. The police were not interested when they knew we had insurance and told us to sort it with the insurance. There was simply no point in either losing the temper in the mid day sun nor arguing with the police. Was I pissed? Sure I was but I didn't attack him or run him over.

Accidents are a constant in Thailand and must be expected as ' one of those things! '

The Aussie escalated the situation way beyond what was reasonable and as a result lead to the extreme response.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Don't care who started it, as a 28 year old man you don't hit  women, children or the elderly unless you're a total animal.
I would knock out a woman in heart beat if she attacked my property with a machete. And I'm no animal.. Obviously children are not going to do that

I was one of the first to condemn the way over the top response by drunken Thais at Songkran in Hua Hin with regards the elderly family.

This however is a totally different scenario. If the 72 year old Aussie had not behaved in the way he did, the follow up would not have occurred and that's the truth of it.

If he wants to run around playing action man at his age, he cannot expect to be treated wirh respect as an elderly man.

On another point, children and women as as a rule do not go around with machetes or running over people sending them flying into the air and luckily without very serious injury.

I will leave it at that as I think some people will just continue to ignore the video evidence.

I don't condone the Thai man attacking the old man.....I do understand the provocation that drove him to it.

The Aussie is lucky he is not up on attempted murder charges.

7 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Not if he was threatened and was under duress as a result.

The Thais were looking for a fight, otherwise why cut the Aussie off and then follow him to a school to continue the altercation?

The hit and run would be motivation enough, much less pulling the machete and beating on his car. Would you have simply shrugged it off and went on you Merry way? 

You can make nothing of this video. You cannot even see if it is the same man and what ever happen before. I saw a lot of agression towards farang if only the Thai thought there was wrong doing. Even on motorbike, a Thai young man made me almost fall and start to insult me getting agressive, while he not looked well.

I not judge. But with a policeman beside him, just punching the old man and getting away with it, is not normal. He had police assistance, so why do that? The rest is only a guess

The shame is we dont know what happened at the very start; it would likely shape what we feel about the subsequent actions of both parties. I think it is probable that both were actively involved in a road rage incident prior to the Thai overtaking and stopping his car.

I still reckon both are guilty of serious assault, but don't know if we are dealing with one dangerous nutter, or two!

On a separate note as I have little more to say regards the incident that took place.

it looks now that the police have seen the video evidence and they will charge the old guy with attempted murder. He is, I believe, on 200,000 baht bail.

Make no mistake, when they have evidence such as this at their fingertips, either the Aussie-Brit guy is going to pay massively, that includes cops and the gold shop owner and fast.....................or................This case will be passed to the prosecutor and things really will get expensive.He will then have police, prosecutors, the gold shop guy, the powers that be who make the decisions, his own lawyer, witnesses expenses, etc and the bill will run into the millions of baht.

Unless he acts really fast, eats humble pie, and clears with this guy at the police station, this is not going away.

It does not matter now whose side you are on in the dispute, this now comes down to M.O.N.E.Y. and plenty of it.

We don't have an ' he said, he said scenario ' there is video evidence, which will be decided by a single judge in the provincial court and it is all about what he thinks. A single white guy waving a machete about and all the rest of it or a gold shop owner with his children in the car going about his business.

I do not feel he will be sympathetic to the foreigner when he sees the machete escapade and a Thai national flying through the air after being hit with a car. He will almost certainly have sympathy with the Thai man for losing his cool and hitting the old guy.

So he could be losing his lifestyle, his young child, his partner, his money, and jail accompanied by deportation. He needs to wise up and pay, you can't beat their system.

8 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:
10 hours ago, balo said:

The Aussie started it as you can clearly see in this video

Don't care who started it, as a 28 year old man you don't hit  women, children or the elderly unless you're a total animal.

A lot of people don't realise that punches like that can kill people and they do.

Here's a sad story of an 18-year-old dying from a one-punch attack in Australia:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/australia/10670485/Australia-leading-the-way-in-crackdown-on-one-punch-killers.html

Here's a story about a British guy that died from one punch:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-38992393

One punch killings are not rare:

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2015/07/one-punch_killings_they_happen.html

8 minutes ago, tropo said:

A lot of people don't realise that punches like that can kill people and they do.

Here's a sad story of an 18-year-old dying from a one-punch attack in Australia:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/australia/10670485/Australia-leading-the-way-in-crackdown-on-one-punch-killers.html

Here's a story about a British guy that died from one punch:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-38992393

One punch killings are not rare:

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2015/07/one-punch_killings_they_happen.html

Quite so. It isn't like the movies.

The Thai threw a brutal, blind side punch that really undid any sympathy or mitigation that might be due to him. 

That really isn't taking sides- just fact on one part of the story relating to the Thai crime.

2 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

On a separate note as I have little more to say regards the incident that took place.

it looks now that the police have seen the video evidence and they will charge the old guy with attempted murder. He is, I believe, on 200,000 baht bail.

Make no mistake, when they have evidence such as this at their fingertips, either the Aussie-Brit guy is going to pay massively, that includes cops and the gold shop owner and fast.....................or................This case will be passed to the prosecutor and things really will get expensive.He will then have police, prosecutors, the gold shop guy, the powers that be who make the decisions, his own lawyer, witnesses expenses, etc and the bill will run into the millions of baht.

Unless he acts really fast, eats humble pie, and clears with this guy at the police station, this is not going away.

It does not matter now whose side you are on in the dispute, this now comes down to M.O.N.E.Y. and plenty of it.

We don't have an ' he said, he said scenario ' there is video evidence, which will be decided by a single judge in the provincial court and it is all about what he thinks. A single white guy waving a machete about and all the rest of it or a gold shop owner with his children in the car going about his business.

I do not feel he will be sympathetic to the foreigner when he sees the machete escapade and a Thai national flying through the air after being hit with a car. He will almost certainly have sympathy with the Thai man for losing his cool and hitting the old guy.

So he could be losing his lifestyle, his young child, his partner, his money, and jail accompanied by deportation. He needs to wise up and pay, you can't beat their system.

If this is true I will just find a nice, well off gal to bring to USA

I haven't seen him bashed on TV because he was thought to be Australian- it turns out he was British by birth but spent so long in OZ he spoke with an Aussie accent.so an easy mistake to make!

He was bashed on TV for being a silly old man that was a white foreigner thinking he could behave this way without consequences.

It was no reflection on Australia. Idiots are defined by their behaviour and can belong to any country. It has no bearing on the story the fact that he was thought to be Australian.

Some British behaviour abroad is an embarrassment at times but yet again there are some outstanding Brits who do business in Thailand, have families and are very quiet and well behaved.

Idiots abroad have no particular passport.

Scouse123, there are many on here that are grouping all Australians with this guy and the fact is that he is British on a British passport and he does not talk with an Australian accent. He has held an Australian residents visa which has been cancelled years ago because he has lived in Thailand for the last 15 years.

You have taken the word bashing as a physical act but in cases like this it is when one group continually abuse another group. It is happening here on this thread because Thai Visa Team failed to publish the correct heading on this thread. It clearly states on a previous thread that he is British on a British passport.

I have already been abused tonight by Thai's because I am an Australian on our way home after picking my Thai wife up from her work. This is what incorrect information can cause.

30 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

Scouse123, there are many on here that are grouping all Australians with this guy and the fact is that he is British on a British passport and he does not talk with an Australian accent. He has held an Australian residents visa which has been cancelled years ago because he has lived in Thailand for the last 15 years.

You have taken the word bashing as a physical act but in cases like this it is when one group continually abuse another group. It is happening here on this thread because Thai Visa Team failed to publish the correct heading on this thread. It clearly states on a previous thread that he is British on a British passport.

I have already been abused tonight by Thai's because I am an Australian on our way home after picking my Thai wife up from her work. This is what incorrect information can cause.

So your saying you think a Thai person has followed this story and threw some abuse your way today because big this?     Trump has shown the world to be so tribal.  

Elkski

Yes, it is because of this incorrect information that the threats were made and it was about this story.

We do not live in Pattaya or anywhere near there but now my wife is fearful that I will be assaulted if I leave the house on my own, so now she is saying that she will close her business and stay with me. The young Thai thugs are looking for a fight and to be able to pyshically bash an Australian the way that the Thai in this incident has done.

11 hours ago, Russell17au said:

Elkski

Yes, it is because of this incorrect information that the threats were made and it was about this story.

We do not live in Pattaya or anywhere near there but now my wife is fearful that I will be assaulted if I leave the house on my own, so now she is saying that she will close her business and stay with me. The young Thai thugs are looking for a fight and to be able to pyshically bash an Australian the way that the Thai in this incident has done.

Jesus wept ! What a load of tripe. Do you think these Thais read thai visas forums and read false headings ? Get a grip man and stop being so paranoid 

I'm not paranoid about it but my Thai wife is because the threats and the abuse was done in front of her. I have not had any problems here in the past but know something has changed and my wife is worried

2 minutes ago, Elkski said:

Social media is a big thing in Thailand and passport or not he probably was pegged am Australian by anyone who observed him talking to police or watching video.  

Do you think your average thai can tell the difference between accents ? Every American I meet thinks I'm Australian and we speak the same language ! anyway as far as I'm concerned he is an Australian now as it seems he spent most of his life in Australia and most likely lives off an Australian pension 

Archived