Breaking: Thaivisa exclusive: Aussie assaulted in school by Thai says "I am completely innocent."

webfact

2 minutes ago, Sirbergan said:

Hold on, not all of us living here for a long time adopt their bad (or good) habits.

You don't have to take all written in this forum personally :-) Just stating that the Farang is acting very much Thai...

They were both idiots.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, greenchair said:

The picture clearly shows the man with his fist to punch the old man. 

The man is 72 for gods sake. 

How gutless is that? ??

And this thai thing of beating people up in full view of the cops has got to stop. 

I'm with the Aussie. 

Another picture/video shows him running over the Thai man with his car, after attacking the Thai man and his car with a machete. He's a road-raging fool and a liar.

I'm with neither, they were both in the wrong.

1 minute ago, greenchair said:

The picture clearly shows the man with his fist to punch the old man. 

The man is 72 for gods sake. 

How gutless is that? ??

And this thai thing of beating people up in full view of the cops has got to stop. 

I'm with the Aussie. 

Punching is for young people today actually quite mild.

I am surprised he did not kick the guy is his face, while he was on the ground. That seems to be their thing now.

OK, the Farang apologists/defenders are really starting to look ridiculous now. 

Its not a gardening tool, its a Machete. The aussie guy smashed the rear passenger window of the Thai car and only the film on the window stopped glass spraying all over Thai baby. The Thai guy has defensive cuts on his arm where he shielded himself from the machete. The Thai guy didnt jump on the bonnet, thats plain to see in the video.

It doesnt matter how grainy the video is, you cant not see things you dont want to see.

Both parties are in the wrong, however a premeditated attack with a Machete, on a family and car, then trying to run the guy over, would usually be seen as a far worse crime than a punch thrown in anger after just being the victum of the above.

1 hour ago, 1337markus said:

I wonder if all the lower deck lawyers commenting on this issue were in his shoes at the time would do as they think. Its easy to criticize being ring side; maybe when it happens to you there will be a different outcome. The second video is poor quality and we have no view of what is happening after he gets the garden tool from the back of the vehicle; so you cant comment on that event. You basically have hearsay ( fake news) and the first video. Ask yourselves how many times have we seen here or actual; of baht bus drivers, tuk tuk drivers, taxi drivers with weapons in their vehicles and use them as a threat when they get in a road rage situation, not much different here then. Just move on forget about this, the damage is done not so much to the old guys face but Pattaya tourism will take a blow. Pineapple eyes wont be happy the TAT stats will change.

Whoa there; It is clear in the video that the Australian is able weaponize himself without being obstructed. He then walks forward, again unobstructed, and then the argument is supposedly continued. So has he two opportunities to disengage but he chooses not to. One might also argue that he could have reversed  instead of driving forward and hitting the other driver. Just because '...baht bus drivers, tuk tuk drivers, taxi drivers with weapons in their vehicles...' this is no excuse for foreigners to do it. Thais don't have to worry about being deported but we do.

6 minutes ago, khunpa said:

Punching is for young people today actually quite mild.

I am surprised he did not kick the guy is his face, while he was on the ground. That seems to be their thing now.

That's right. And they talk about taking care of old people. 

It is extremely rare for young people to assault old people in my country. Even the worst thug criminals don't stoop so low. 

The man is 72, there just no excuse. 

"I went to get a garden tool, a chopper, from the back of my car to protect myself.

Running after the guy, who is clearly not a threat anymore, with a huge knife is not protecting yourself.

After that Mr Collins claimed that when he got back in his car the other man "jumped in front of my car and jumped on the bonnet".

The dash cam video says otherwise. The Thai guy had his back turned and the Australian tried to run him over.

Hope he enjoys his time in jail.

16 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

The Aussie tried to turn right, and the Thai overtook on the right, causing a coming together of the two vehicles. The Aussie then flipped him the bird and then drove off, the Thai man then overtook him and stopped in front, blocking the road. The Thai then started acting aggressive to which the Aussie retrieved the machete from the boot of his car.

In that split second between blocking him and the ozzy jumping out and grabbing the machete the Thai man had started acting aggressively, in what's way and how do you know?

Without reading all this I'm going to jump in

Yes I can absolutely understand about the pushing match

& I bet he was right, as he may of been in the position to hold his ground in his lane & not get shoved around by trying to avoid other drivers ( happens every day ) & I hold my ground to a certain extent unless their's a complete moron that will cut you out

So that's where it no doubt started from , (with no evidence available ) & all the Thais accusing the Falang (especially the women mentioning we have it all on phone ) - Well put up or shut up.

& it was just 2 drivers not knowing their nationalities until out of vehicle 

& obvious Hi So gold merchant thought he was in the right

What came afterwards is a matter for the law or as we witnessed it was the law of the land from both sides

4 minutes ago, greenchair said:

That's right. And they talk about taking care of old people. 

It is extremely rare for young people to assault old people in my country. Even the worst thug criminals don't stoop so low. 

The man is 72, there just no excuse. 

The ozzy was feeling young enough to go after a family with a young child in the car with a machete, he was feeling young enough to break the window of a car with a young child inside, I say he was young enough to get knocked out, getting overtaken illegally and blocked in is not an excuse to terrorise a young child, who would stoop so low?  Who would apologise for someone who would stoop so low?  Someone even lower in my opinion, at least the perpetrator can claim he was in a rage, what is your excuse for wishing that on a child?

1 minute ago, Kieran00001 said:

The ozzy was feeling young enough to go after a family with a young child in the car with a machete, he was feeling young enough to break the window of a car with a young child inside, I say he was young enough to get knocked out, getting overtaken illegally and blocked in is not an excuse to terrorise a young child, who would stoop so low?  Who would apologise for someone who would stoop so low?  Someone even lower in my opinion, at least the perpetrator can claim he was in a rage, what is your excuse for wishing that on a child?

We all know when the Thai guy blocked him in what would have happened. 3 or 4 others would have joined in and the man would be dead. 

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Idiotic - He thought the Thai Guy was going to kill him so instead of protecting himself and driving off he got out of his car, grabbed an machete and approached the Thai, threatened him and damaged his car...

This has to be some of the dumbest back-peddaling I've read... the Australian should be in Hospital getting a full check up, he clearly hasn't come to his senses !

There is no dressing up what happened... The Australian guy escalated the situation to Assault - it really is that simple.... He needs to face charges, as does the Thai man for his re-escalation and retaliation after the Police were on the scene. 

Pity the farang. He forgot  his dementia pills and can't remember a thing. Lucky we have video. Stiff fine, hire a driver and stay by the pool.

5 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

But the Thai man cut the Aussie off. He could have, AT ANY TIME, drove off. He didn't, and it was his wife and child in the car.

This shows to me, that his ego comes before the safety of his family. 

While the Aussie had no other options but to fetch a weapon from the trunk and go running at him?

19 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

Without reading all this I'm going to jump in

Yes I can absolutely understand about the pushing match

& I bet he was right, as he may of been in the position to hold his ground in his lane & not get shoved around by trying to avoid other drivers ( happens every day ) & I hold my ground to a certain extent unless their's a complete moron that will cut you out

So that's where it no doubt started from , (with no evidence available ) & all the Thais accusing the Falang (especially the women mentioning we have it all on phone ) - Well put up or shut up.

& it was just 2 drivers not knowing their nationalities until out of vehicle 

& obvious Hi So gold merchant thought he was in the right

What came afterwards is a matter for the law or as we witnessed it was the law of the land from both sides

One should always offer an opinion before reading the story. That guarantees your opinion will be completely disregarded. Now go ahead.

20 minutes ago, greenchair said:

We all know when the Thai guy blocked him in what would have happened. 3 or 4 others would have joined in and the man would be dead. 

No, we don't all know that, you fear that, irrationally.  And even if you truly fear that that does not mean you can get a machete and chop into a car window with a child inside, what on earth are you apologising for this time? 

2 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Goldshop owner needs to be in the jail for hitting an elderly person full in the face. What happened before is unclear and needs to be proven first

Yes, grabbing a weapon from the trunk and running towards someone is very ambiguous behavior. He was probably just proud of the new machete he bought earlier that day, wanting praise from the other driver.

17 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

But the Thai man cut the Aussie off. He could have, AT ANY TIME, drove off. He didn't, and it was his wife and child in the car.

This shows to me, that his ego comes before the safety of his family. 

He didn't drive off so it is Ok to cause that fear to a child?  What is wrong with you?

4 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Goldshop owner needs to be in the jail for hitting an elderly person full in the face. What happened before is unclear and needs to be proven first

Elderly person needs to be sectioned, sent for psychiatric evaluation, blacklisted and then deported.

Gold shop owner deserves a medal for his restraint.

Most of us would have done worse if he'd swung a machete at our car while our wives and kids were inside.

5 minutes ago, Sirbergan said:

Yes, grabbing a weapon from the trunk and running towards someone is very ambiguous behavior. He was probably just proud of the new machete he bought earlier that day, wanting praise from the other driver.

No proof...Why that goldshop smuck not arrested on the spot how bizar

This old fart got what he deserved. If someone is going to attack me and my family with a machete the outcome would be much worse. What was this old Aussie thinking? Nothing. Very obviously under the influence and feeling superior. Idiot.

Archived