Breaking: Thaivisa exclusive: Aussie assaulted in school by Thai says "I am completely innocent."

webfact

1 hour ago, Kieran00001 said:

No, we don't all know that, you fear that, irrationally.  And even if you truly fear that that does not mean you can get a machete and chop into a car window with a child inside, what on earth are you apologising for this time? 

The man followed him to the school ,drove his car in front and blocked him. He's a big guy. The Aussie is 72. He went crazy to protect himself. Why did the Thai guy follow him and cut him off. 

I'm apologising for your ineptness. 

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, ravip said:

This deserves the prize for the most stupidest post of the day.

Do you know the meaning of "totally racist country, with a lot of stupid aggressive people"

Have a look at the videos once again.

Edit

Many Westerners think they are God's gift to mankind.

While I find some truth hidden in his post, it is truly misguided and biased. There is a lot of aggressiveness in Thailand, and a lot of violence. But that's a fact for most countries, we're living in a world that is gradually getting worse and worse in terms of violence, brutality and lack of compassion. That's not a Thai phenomenon, it's the direction in which our global society is headed. Just look at your own country, then please tell me if it's gotten less or more violent over the last 10 years. I am pretty sure it has worsened.

Technology and the seclusion, poverty, riches and exposure comes at a price. The narcissism of our society has no bounds, apparently even what we had for breakfast or the last time we changed diapers on our child is now something we need to tell the world about. Sorry to digress – but in my mind, this is all connected.

Unfortunately there are many comments on here about the cowards punch from the Thai guy on how it could be classed as attempted manslaughter. Many countries have this law that if you king hit someone then you will be charged with attempted manslaughter because many people have been hit with a cowards punch and hit their head on the pavement and have died. It is all to do with the surprise of the punch and if you have a look at the photo you will see that the old man was looking at and talking to the police officer and the other guy was not in his line of sight so therefore the old guy could not avoid the hit. What would have happened if the old guy had hit his head on the pavement from that hit and died? There is much more to this than any of us know. We do not know what started this or how much before the start of the videos did it start? I am not trying to make excuses for either party but one thing is for sure is that the police officer should have arrested the Thai guy on the spot because he did assault the old guy in front of him while he was being spoken to by the police officer, the rest would be an investigation

20 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

Unfortunately there are many comments on here about the cowards punch from the Thai guy on how it could be classed as attempted manslaughter. Many countries have this law that if you king hit someone then you will be charged with attempted manslaughter because many people have been hit with a cowards punch and hit their head on the pavement and have died. It is all to do with the surprise of the punch and if you have a look at the photo you will see that the old man was looking at and talking to the police officer and the other guy was not in his line of sight so therefore the old guy could not avoid the hit. What would have happened if the old guy had hit his head on the pavement from that hit and died? There is much more to this than any of us know. We do not know what started this or how much before the start of the videos did it start? I am not trying to make excuses for either party but one thing is for sure is that the police officer should have arrested the Thai guy on the spot because he did assault the old guy in front of him while he was being spoken to by the police officer, the rest would be an investigation

That's right. It actually looks like the masked officer is deliberately distracting the 72 year old. 

If it were the other way around he would be beaten and arrested immediately. 

5 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Fellas, give the Expat a break, he's been here 15 years it is bound to happen?  If any of you ever been to any of the Askorn school to pick up your kid it is a mine field of what is wrong with the driving here. You can see first hand in slow motions watch how they think and the decisions that are made in driving. That is why majority of the time I took the motorbike, you can only be amused so much.

What happen he was acting Thai, pulled out a weapon and then try to B.S. his way out of it like a Thai. What went wrong was when he decided to talk his way out instead of sucker punching the Thai. :sorry:

At least you finished with I'm sorry :smile:

I

3 hours ago, greenchair said:

The picture clearly shows the man with his fist to punch the old man. 

The man is 72 for gods sake. 

How gutless is that? ??

And this thai thing of beating people up in full view of the cops has got to stop. 

I'm with the Aussie. 

OK the Aussie could have killed the Thai man by throwing this full metal heavy machete at him. You are with the Aussie probably because you have not seen the videos I have seen on Thai TV!

3 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

OK, the Farang apologists/defenders are really starting to look ridiculous now. 

Its not a gardening tool, its a Machete. The aussie guy  smashed the rear passenger window of the Thai car and only the film on the window stopped glass spraying all over Thai baby. The Thai guy has defensive cuts on his arm where he shielded himself from the machete. The Thai guy didnt jump on the bonnet, thats plain to see in the video.

It doesnt matter how grainy the video is, you cant not see things you dont want to see.

Both parties are in the wrong, however a premeditated attack with a Machete, on a family and car, then trying to run the guy over, would usually be seen as a far worse crime than a punch thrown in anger after just being the victum of the above.

:clap2::clap2::clap2: No comment!

5 hours ago, OmegaRacer said:

Been in Thailand too long and gone native me thinks.

More like gone savage me thinks.

I know the freestyle of driving is diabolical in Thailand and if each time I`ve hit the roads on my motorbike I`d had reacted like that guy when some Thai driver has placed me in a life threatening situation, I would either had been in prison or beaten up long before now. I`ve learned to deal with it by just keeping my cool and letting it go, this way I live my life as normal for another day.

1 hour ago, greenchair said:

The man followed him to the school ,drove his car in front and blocked him. He's a big guy. The Aussie is 72. He went crazy to protect himself. Why did the Thai guy follow him and cut him off. 

I'm apologising for your ineptness. 

Charging a car and chopping the window with a machete is not the move of someone in fear trying to protect them self, he could have ran the other way, no court in the world would take your bizarre standpoint that is presumably only being taken due to the races involved and your irrational fear of Thai people.  Anyway, hats off to you for being so honest earlier, some men would be embarrassed to admit being so cowardly.

15 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Charging a car and chopping the window with a machete is not the move of someone in fear trying to protect them self, he could have ran the other way, no court in the world would take your bizarre standpoint that is presumably only being taken due to the races involved and your irrational fear of Thai people.  Anyway, hats off to you for being so honest earlier, some men would be embarrassed to admit being so cowardly.

Nothing worse than a passive aggressive lier. ???

39 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

OK the Aussie could have killed the Thai man by throwing this full metal heavy machete at him. You are with the Aussie probably because you have not seen the videos I have seen on Thai TV!

You are right I haven't .

Someone post the video please. 

3 minutes ago, greenchair said:

Nothing worse than a passive aggressive lier. ???

You said we all know what would have happened, he would have been killed by a mob, that was you admitting to being quite seriously cowardly, or did you not even know how that made you sound?  How on earth do you leave your house, do you wear a diaper?

17 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

You said we all know what would have happened, he would have been killed by a mob, that was you admitting to being quite seriously cowardly, or did you not even know how that made you sound?  How on earth do you leave your house, do you wear a diaper?

Lay off jonnie no mates whore lover, I got several likes for that insightful comment. 

9 hours ago, impulse said:

The plot thickens.  Seems that even 2 videos may not be enough.  I wonder if a prequel to the prequel will ever pop up?

Actually, there is a 3rd video that the gold shop owner took with his phone... Problem is does it implicate  one or both, and does he have balls to put it out there..

:smile:

5 hours ago, khunpa said:

We can see sod-all from the dash cam footage, we can see everything from the reporter footage. .... but really, there's still not enough to mount an informed opinion as an armchair observer.

If ever i find myself on a criminal charge i hope and pray you are amongst the jury members judging my innocence

7 hours ago, Sirbergan said:

Yes, grabbing a weapon from the trunk and running towards someone is very ambiguous behavior. He was probably just proud of the new machete he bought earlier that day, wanting praise from the other driver.

Aussie was unarmed and not even looking when the coward hit him full in the face..u troll

7 hours ago, Thai Ron said:

Elderly person needs to be sectioned, sent for psychiatric evaluation, blacklisted and then deported.

Gold shop owner deserves a medal for his restraint.

Most of us would have done worse if he'd swung a machete at our car while our wives and kids were inside.

Troll.. he hits an unarmed elderly guy full in the face...a medal?? In my country young guys beating up elderly folks get special treatment in the jail from the other inmates!

5 hours ago, Ulic said:

Both parties are idiots, end of story. :bah:

The farang should have been cuffed and stuffed immediately.  The Thai guy should have been next for sucker-punching the old guy and threatening to kill him.  Put them in the same paddy wagon and drive them to the morgue.  Two men enter, one man leaves.

As for machetes, I've had two run-ins with Thai cops (military?)  One was when I had one in my luggage on a bus at a checkpoint circa 1979.  The other was in maybe 2002 when I bought one at a shop and was walking down the market street with it lightly wrapped with newspaper.  I got quizzed but nothing happened.  After all, it was just a frikkin' knife.  I have maybe a hundred or 150 I've collected over the years in Thailand.

I taught a grade school class one day and a little kid in the back row had a pretty big one he was playing with. A hoe or pointy digger would do a better job on a car.  Trust me, I have a brown belt in Agricultural Arts.

Machetes.jpg

Archived