Bed wetting , 10 y/o

Neeranam

My youngest daughter still wets the bed maybe once or twice a week. 

I thought it was getting better, which it is, sometimes two weeks no wetting. 

She had a set up with a towel and plastic sheet. She doesn't drink a lot after dinner.

For a few months of wake her up at 1am to go to pee but hoped she'd wake up by herself.

Should I take her to a doctor?

If so, what kind?

15 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

A urologist.

But what and how much is she drinking within 3 hours of going to bed? Does she take a pee immediately before going to bed?

She has one glass of water before going to bed. Yes she does pee before bed. Strangely, when we go to hotels, she gets pampers but doesn't need them. So psychological it might seem.

13 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

She has one glass of water before going to bed. Yes she does pee before bed. Strangely, when we go to hotels, she gets pampers but doesn't need them. So psychological it might seem.

Based on that, I would tend to agree. Does she sleep alone or share a room or bed with siblings?

Has she been doing this consistently all her life or had she stopped and started again recently?

New onset of bed-wetting in a child (meaning one who had previously stopped  wetting the bed for at least 6 months) usually means some life stress - serious problem e.g. being bullied at school, sexual abuse,  marital problems between the parents etc

It can also sometimes result from a urinary tract infection, or from the development of diabetes, so if you are sure there is no psychological problem seeing a doctor may be wise.

Archived