BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Thaivisa exclusive: “Attempted murder" as "Australian" man punched by Thai in school says he is really British

1 minute ago, LannaGuy said:

Aussies are British aren't they?  or were once we'd emptied our jails  :giggle:   (just kidding)

Anyway carrying that thing in ones car is inexcusable and dumb and he's about to pay the price Mr. Jai Ron

You're right but he was traveling on a British passport although he claimed to live in Australia for some time.

the courts will go for compromise

Brit will pay 10000

and get a suspended sentence

no deportation

7 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

Aussies are British aren't they?  or were once we'd emptied our jails  :giggle:   (just kidding)

Anyway carrying that thing in ones car is inexcusable and dumb and he's about to pay the price Mr. Jai Ron

Still you see it advertised a lot of times that you should have something in your car to defend yourself. Seems every farang (not me) has some weapon in his car to defend his rights. I think its just stupid to have a weapon with you as when you have it your more likely to use it.. you might be more confrontational when you have a weapon as you know you can use it as a backup. Plus for people with a temper like this guy access to a weapon only makes things harder.

That is why I am against weapons for anyone because there are too many idiots who use it to assault someone instead for defense.

Just now, AGareth2 said:

the courts will go for compromise

Brit will pay 10000

and get a suspended sentence

no deportation

Really.. running someone over.. using a knife on someone.. only 10.000... that is less then the average drug user or drunk driver. 

Everyone is ragging on about the farang here but that sucker punch by the Thai still was a cheap shot.  And right in front of a cop who didn't do squat.  And from the punch vid, the Thai didn't look frightened at all, just pissed off.

1 minute ago, robblok said:

Really

probably if he pleads guilty

courts like compromise between parties

will have to pay for the damaged motor as well

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

Really.. running someone over.. using a knife on someone.. only 10.000... that is less then the average drug user or drunk driver. 

Others are still running free for worse.

Just now, AGareth2 said:

probably if he pleads guilty

courts like compromise between parties

will have to pay for the damaged motor as well

Could be I have no idea.. but i find the punishment a bit low compared to the cases I mentioned. 

Just now, Gobbledegook said:

Others are still running free for worse.

True.. but they are rich and connected.. different set of laws there (not that i like it)

1 minute ago, AGareth2 said:

in the Philippines ends up dead

That is for sure.. here they do a lot of time.. but run someone over on purpose and use a knife on someone you get the punishment you describe.. light a joint and you end up in jail deported  funny country. 

24 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

"Floored by a left hook".....that landed on his left jaw?

Interesting.

More of a straight left than hook, but coming from his blind side, a cheap shot whatever it was :)

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

That is for sure.. here they do a lot of time.. but run someone over on purpose and use a knife on someone you get the punishment you describe.. light a joint and you end up in jail deported  funny country. 

this is a simple case for the Judge

a guilty plea and an offer of compensation

and the Judge can go for lunch

sorted

Violent actions of any sort with a conviction will resort in deporting and a black listed. Collins is gone if the Thai guy keeps on with it. Even if he doesn't it could be the prosecutor picks it up personally and proceeds. don't see much wiggle room here on this, even if there suddenly appears to be a video of the cat and mouse driving leading up to the machete in hand. Sorry for the little girl. 

On the other hand, 68 and having a kid! OMG!

3 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

black listed

that might be a little more expensive