BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Thaivisa exclusive: “Attempted murder" as "Australian" man punched by Thai in school says he is really British

26 minutes ago, mikebell said:

All Aussies were originally British.  Riotous rampage is in the genes.

need a facts check there mike. 

15 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

More of a straight left than hook, but coming from his blind side, a cheap shot whatever it was :)

isn't every Thai confrontation always from the blind side and a cheap shot, however  - the only thing in this guys favour is he didn't need 6 mates to back him up - so a few brownie points there.

Whatever he is Aussie or Brit,he's in the shit ,up to his neck,

he should never have gotten the machete out of the car, who

knows why he even carried it in the car,he did not help himself

by all the lies he told,looks like the Thai guy is going to push it

for all he's worth,but he seems to have gotten off any charges

when he hit him by saying sorry.

regards Worgeordie

I am in no way condoning the violence perpetrated by the Aussie/Brit whatever he is BUT the fact remains that there was an assault on him in front of a Thai policeman - several in fact- followed by a threat from the Thai to kill the man. How does that not lead to an arrest on the spot when the police are witnesses?   And why is the Aussie/Brit the only one who has to post bail? 

34 minutes ago, Bobobirdiebuddy said:

Everyone is ragging on about the farang here but that sucker punch by the Thai still was a cheap shot.  And right in front of a cop who didn't do squat.  And from the punch vid, the Thai didn't look frightened at all, just pissed off.

He didn't look frightened because the idiot didn't have his machete in his hand and wasn't trying to run him over.

He did, however, have every right to be pissed off.

I would've been too if some wild-eyed, half-mummified old codger had put the fear of God into my daughter by smashing my car window with a machete and then trying to kill her dad with his car.

25 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

On the other hand, 68 and having a kid! OMG!

Must not of had kids prior, would be the only reason

Then he would not of been in the position at the time of incident

77 and ready for whatever...well ready......a sucker punch is blunt cowardly but so is diving in the back of your trunk to catch a blade to get even@77

My advice on the road is.........swear with your windows closed....if a guy comes out....sit tight and record....keep recording until they eventually get back in the car you just photographed to ensure its registration number....write time and place and report at the police station nearby!

Then just go home.

4 minutes ago, pookiki said:

I am in no way condoning the violence perpetrated by the Aussie/Brit whatever he is BUT the fact remains that there was an assault on him in front of a Thai policeman - several in fact- followed by a threat from the Thai to kill the man. How does that not lead to an arrest on the spot when the police are witnesses?   And why is the Aussie/Brit the only one who has to post bail? 

Maybe because the Thai lost his cool after being attacked by that idiot farang. We have something similar in Dutch law that if your attacked first and you react to that its a lesser crime then attacking someone first. Your brought into that position because of the first attack in no way are those two things the same and you can't separate the second attack from the first. 

So some blame goes to the Thai for sure.. but he is the victim here.. he would never have reacted this way if he was not attacked first. 

1 minute ago, hgma said:

77 and ready for whatever...well ready......a sucker punch is blunt cowardly but so is diving in the back of your trunk to catch a blade to get even@77

My advice on the road is.........swear with your windows closed....if a guy comes out....sit tight and record....keep recording until they eventually get back in the car you just photographed to ensure its registration number....write time and place and report at the police station nearby!

Then just go home.

My advice is just keep your own cool while others blow a fuse. Responding to idiots usually only makes it worse. 

I feel sorry for him, he's probably a decent guy who lost his temper in the wrong moment.

It depends a lot now on the Thai guy , as i'm afraid he can push a solid charge of attempted murder.

I've seen more footage of road rage in the last 2/3 months than in my whole life... Why don't people chill a bit ?

36 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

More of a straight left than hook, but coming from his blind side, a cheap shot whatever it was :)

I'm puzzled as to why some are more offended by the honour - or lack thereof - of the punch than they are by the fact this moron just tried to kill his assailant twice - once with a machete and again with a car.

Just now, mauGR1 said:

I feel sorry for him, he's probably a decent guy who lost his temper in the wrong moment.

It depends a lot now on the Thai guy , as i'm afraid he can push a solid charge of attempted murder.

I've seen more footage of road rage in the last 2/3 months than in my whole life... Why don't people chill a bit ?

I don't feel sorry for him at all.

He's not a decent guy; he's a whackjob

1 hour ago, johnefallis said:

One more reason I'll probably never live in Thailand again.

I'm sure you'll be missed.:sad:

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

Maybe because the Thai lost his cool after being attacked by that idiot farang. We have something similar in Dutch law that if your attacked first and you react to that its a lesser crime then attacking someone first. Your brought into that position because of the first attack in no way are those two things the same and you can't separate the second attack from the first. 

So some blame goes to the Thai for sure.. but he is the victim here.. he would never have reacted this way if he was not attacked first. 

A "king hit" is a gutless thing to do whichever way you cut it, especially on a 77 year old man. Doubt if he would have done it if the guy had been a 6' 3" Hells Angel.