Thaivisa exclusive: “Attempted murder" as "Australian" man punched by Thai in school says he is really British

webfact

2 hours ago, johnnyonesock said:

theres a lesson for Thais in here and that is that some Farangs can be dangerous if provoked and I am inclined to believe that this gold shop owning self entitled piece of trash ( only such an entity would sucker punch a 77 year old man in front of a cop) deliberately tried to run this old codger off the road endangering the life of his 8 year old daughter not to mention himself....you dont get to be a "big shot in fishing fleet circles" by being a pu55y

Read post his daughter was NOT in the car he was on his way to pick her up at the school. If he was in fear of his life he could have brandished (displayed ) the machete but after doing that he proceeded to show what a tough Brit he was by smashing the Thai guys windows That alone is willful destruction of property and running the guy down with his car well that is at least assault with a deadly weapon if not attempted murder.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, robblok said:

My theory is based on what is proven, its not proven what the Brit has experienced before. If he can prove it then the theory goes for him too. As for the age people seem to bring up all the time.. maybe he should have acted his age and not hide behind it. 

Come on Rob. LOL> He's 77 years old. At that age, one would hope they don't act their age. 

Well interesting reading all the insight by you fellows but I'm just glad I do not drive a 4-wheel vehicle here in Thailand.

... or as I used to say in the USA before ever moving to Thailand:

You can be right and dead at the same time.

I'm British but yep, like other posters here, this guy will get no sympathy from me. I stand by my post on the earlier related thread that the footage shows that he could have walked away but didn't. He caused an escalation of the incident and deserves the 'book thrown at him'.

22 minutes ago, robblok said:

I consider video evidence proof.. the farang has no video evidence of what happened before. 

So the old guy really is the agressor here unless he can prove previous incidents. 

Another one of your misconceptions.  The videos are evidence.  Courts of law apply different levels of 'proof' depending on the nature of the crime. And by your somewhat twisted logic, the absence of any video for the totality of the incident, there is no proof of what may or may not have happened. It's up for the courts to decide.

There is talk on here that he was picking up his 9 year old daughter and that he also had a 1 year old baby. Maybe, just maybe the 1 year old was not his but it was fathered by the Thai guy so the old guy went after him for screwing his wife and wanted him to pay support for the baby.

hahahahahahaha

4 minutes ago, prakhonchai nick said:

Look very carefully at the video, frame by frame.

Did the Thai man jump onto the bonnet of the farangs car (as alleged by the farang), and then fall off as the car moved away, or was he hit by a moving car?

Save us from watching that poor quality video again. What do you think happened?

5 hours ago, Ratcher said:

I have no sympathy for this "British" guy. If he speaks with an Aussie accent he must have lived there for a long time. I think there may be more to this story. He was in the wrong. Gives the law abiding British a bad name. He should lose his right to live here for his stupid behaviour. 

It was not a stupid behaviour it was a murderous behaviour:smile:

There maybe truth in both person's rendition of what happened

-Brit and Thai driving and Thai encroaches into Brits lane- Brit waves hand at Thai- and Thai interprets the wave as giving him the finger or a wave of derision.

-Brit and Thai weave back and forth on the road until at some point Thai passes Brit and stops in roadway.

-Both Thai and Brit now very angry- Brit takes 'machete' from rear of his vehicle and approaches Thai vehicle - swinging machete and breaks Thai vehicle window.

-Brit returns to his vehicle  and attempts to leave-  Thai now super angry exits his vehicle and jumps on  hood (bonnet) of  Brits car -damaging Brits car with elbows- Because Brit is moving- Thai is flung off Brits car and lands on his feet.  There are no marks on Thais legs which would  have been at least bruised had the Brit drove into him and the Thai probably would have crumpled to the ground. Instead the Thai has marks on his upper arms/elbows indicating it could be caused by the Thais elbows striking the front windscreen. ONce the Thai is off the Brits vehicle - they both proceed to the school.

-At the school the police become involved-  Thai super angry- Brit attempting explain in a seemingly calm voice to police what happened.  Thai strikes Brit in face- Brit falls to the ground.

While the above is speculation- it appears to me to be what may have happened since the Thai would not have been able to walk easily or at all had the Brits vehicle struck him and as a result flung him off the vehicle.  Looking at the clip- it appears more logical that the Thai jumped on the Brits vehicle and the vehicle's inertia as well as the Thais movement caused the Thai to be flung off.

However, both parties are guilty of  at least assault but I doubt attempted murder will hold. 

A classic example of why not to let one's emotions boil over- especially in Thailand

You need to have a good look at the whole thing. If you are carrying a machete for protection or to deliberately use it as an attack weapon you are not going to carry it in the boot of the car, you will carry it where you can reach it quickly when you need it.

4 hours ago, mikebell said:

All Aussies were originally British.  Riotous rampage is in the genes.

No, the original Australians were Aboriginal. 400,000 before the British arrived.

Right now, nearly 30% of Australians were born overseas, all over the world. It's a very diverse population.

At 77 ? Such hot temper? At that age I would spend my time in contemplation and meditation to prepare myself for the coming trip, I want to die in full control of my mental faculty, in other words, calm and peaceful.

They can bang my car so my car is dented so what? I may even leave it as it is a reminder of someone young man displaying his anger. "Please kick my car one more time if it makes you feel better", I will say to the young man.

Do I have a lot of time at 77? I should also be a vegetarian so that my thought would be clear that I have not unknowingly caused suffering in whatever form.

I guess if you have understood the universe nothing matters anymore.

1 minute ago, Wake Up said:

Running over the Thai man is not smart. Getting a weapon is not smart. Doing all of this at age 77 surprising. 

I was thinking the same, although showing poor judgement in his actions, the old guy appears to be incredibly fit for his age.

3 hours ago, Psimbo said:

Yis mite, becorze befowa orl the Horstraylians were croyin ova a 'good blawk' now its a Pom its a different story in it Cobba!

Has taken the wind out of the sails of the Aussie bashers. Filled the sails of the Pommie bashers.

Sorry, your Australian accent sucks. Are you a Cockney?

I believe there is something wrong with the claim by the Thai guy about the Brit hitting him with his car. I have been going through some of the car hitting pedestrian cases that I investigated in Australia. The big thing that puzzles me is if the Thai guy was hit by the car then how come he has not suffered any leg injuries from being hit by the front of the car. If the car was going that slow that there was no injury then the Thai guy would have fell backwards in front of the car which would have then run over him, but to be hit hard enough for him to end up on the bonnet of the car he would have sustained serious leg injuries to the point of possible fractures and not being able to walk.

So what really did happen?

Is the Thai guy lying as well?

5 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

These are "garden tools"

garden tools.jpg

These are "machetes"

machete-styles.jpg

Not taking anybody's side here but machetes are quite often used as gardening tools over here  - e.g. clearing undergrowth, or pruning trees etc. but that's no excuse for carrying it in his car.

However, a check in a lot of Thai vehicles would probably uncover a lot of similar implements, so maybe he will claim it was for possible self defence?

5 hours ago, johnefallis said:

One more reason I'll probably never live in Thailand again.

If you have lived and  no longer live in Thailand this does not concern you and your comment is entirely unnecessary. I have lived here for many years without any problems and on aged Brit getting his comeuppance would be the last reason I would want to leave. There is trouble to be found wherever you live so just steer clear of it - not difficult.

The saga continues...lol. What confuses me here is I can see no real difference in their crimes yet 1 will be facing a potential attempted murder charge and the other has apologised for losing his temper. That the Thai stopped in front of him there is no doubt so let's assume something occurred previously. He had a 'gardening tool' , nothing unusual about that in Thailand. He lost his temper, apologise and wai, job done. The thai sucker punched a 77 year old man. That's attempted murder and was clearly saying that he would kill him. The real crime was that the policeman was too fat to bend over....wais all round job done

3 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

I believe there is something wrong with the claim by the Thai guy about the Brit hitting him with his car. I have been going through some of the car hitting pedestrian cases that I investigated in Australia. The big thing that puzzles me is if the Thai guy was hit by the car then how come he has not suffered any leg injuries from being hit by the front of the car. If the car was going that slow that there was no injury then the Thai guy would have fell backwards in front of the car which would have then run over him, but to be hit hard enough for him to end up on the bonnet of the car he would have sustained serious leg injuries to the point of possible fractures and not being able to walk.

So what really did happen?

Is the Thai guy lying as well?

Go to the front page of the thread and below the article there is a camera footage ... it shows very clearly the old guy running the Thai man over ... he gets tossed over the bonnet.

Archived