Thaivisa exclusive: “Attempted murder" as "Australian" man punched by Thai in school says he is really British

webfact

1 hour ago, Russell17au said:

You need to have a good look at the whole thing. If you are carrying a machete for protection or to deliberately use it as an attack weapon you are not going to carry it in the boot of the car, you will carry it where you can reach it quickly when you need it.

I am sorry to tell you are utterly wrong (no offence) but hundreds of road rage videos on Youtube where one can see those thugs recovering all sorts of improvised weapons from the car trunk. Baseball bat, hammer, sword, machete, appearing in fractions of a second.

Those peoples belong to the same world club of pathological insecure paranoids  :smile: 

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, robblok said:

Yes your right the longer the two incidents are apart (time wise) the less this concept of mitigation works. (at least that is how it works in the Netherlands) because you have more time to calm down and be more rational. 

Compared to running someone over with a car (even though the Thai came off light) the punch is not that harsh, also threatening with a machete is not something mild. The guy only used his hand opposed to the farang who used a car and a machete. 

You seem to take into account that the car was not driving hard so its ok, but forget that the result of this punch was not as bad. So on one side you say oh but the car was not going fast and so he could not have hurt the guy much and look at the outcome. However when the punch is concerned (also did not do to much damage) your saying it could have been much worse. That is kinda strange reasoning bias maybe. In one part of the event you take into account the outcome in in the other part of the event you think about what could have happened. Now running the guy over could have gone wrong and the guy could have died...

Referring to the third paragraph: I did not say anything was ok about driving in to someone.  I meant that the incident with the car was not so serious as to be considered attempted murder, because of the speed involved.  It was however a serious offence.  The punch was consistent with serious assault and indeed it did inflict a nasty face wound, and I think concussion.  Both were attempts at serious wounding as far as I can tell.  And neither can have much defence imo.

I think your argument in defence of the Thai is one of diminished responsibility- that might hold water.  Certainly, what happened to him would have insensed anyone.  But again, he was later seen conversing with the old guy, and the punch looked about as deliberate and premeditated as could be. There seemed to be a look of satisfaction.  I don't think I am imagining this but would ask someone for a second opinion.  He appeared to be eager to dish out a second helping too.

1 hour ago, robblok said:

By all means check his mental state (if possible at all here given the lack of English speakers and mental care levels here). But if it is found he is indeed unsound.. then lock him up somewhere so he can't do this again. Just letting someone like that out on the streets is asking for trouble. 

How many times a day do you see Thais (young and old) in acts of road rage and attacking each other with a variety of weapons. Generally the punishment is a small fine. If you watched any of the Thai news channels you'd be aware of this.  So I assume you're saying anyone who commits these acts should be locked up? That's going to put some stress on the judicial system.

Interesting indeed.

• what happened prior to the clip; must have driven the Brit through the roof?
  • what instrument was it?
  • did the Brit hit the Thai or did the Thai jump into the departing car; a very popular method in China these days to extort money?

lock up both of them until you have the facts together; then fine them identically with whatever the judges deem appropriate and close the file

It takes two to tango - even in Thailand and irrespective of what the Brit did, it did not legalize the Thais punching the Brit; this is the police's and the courts job - me thinks 

31 minutes ago, robblok said:

I disagree.. the gold dealer only used his fist.. no weapons that makes him in my book the better one of two idiots. Someone who uses a car and a machete is clearly more dangerous. 

I guess no one has ever died from a punch before. Either the blow to his head or his head hitting the ground could have been fatal.

1 hour ago, David Walden said:

The only convicts the poms brought to Australia in the olden days were the poor family workers and mothers who stole bread to feed their starving  children...the real criminal like murders, highway men, bank robbers and rapist they kept back in England or hung them.

Yea just kidding mate... no offence meant 

2 hours ago, Russell17au said:

I believe there is something wrong with the claim by the Thai guy about the Brit hitting him with his car. I have been going through some of the car hitting pedestrian cases that I investigated in Australia. The big thing that puzzles me is if the Thai guy was hit by the car then how come he has not suffered any leg injuries from being hit by the front of the car. If the car was going that slow that there was no injury then the Thai guy would have fell backwards in front of the car which would have then run over him, but to be hit hard enough for him to end up on the bonnet of the car he would have sustained serious leg injuries to the point of possible fractures and not being able to walk.

So what really did happen?

Is the Thai guy lying as well?

Equally, I guess there is something wrong with your eyesight if aftre viewing the dashcam footage, you still don't think the farang muppet drove his car at and hit the Thai muppet, pitching him ass over tit.

5 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Nah they won't ,,,, most of them are bad ass poms,,,, (:

"Mr Collins - who speaks with an Australian accent ................."

Obviously picked up a few bad habits apart from the accent! :smile:

1 hour ago, sambum said:

"The thai sucker punched a 77 year old man. That's attempted murder"

Rubbish! The "attempted murder" charge comes from the Brit/Aussie attacking the Thai with the machete! 

The unseen bit is the two idiots 'attacking' each other with their cars.

Then we see the farang idiot getting his chopper out and heading towards the Thai car. which, based on the fact that the Thai idiot came back for more, we can assume the farang idiot attacked, not the Thai idiot himself. He was cowering in the car having the local equivalent of a deep W T F moment while grandpa apparently went postal on it.

Then the first on-person violence when the farang idiot purposefully drives his car at the Thai idiot, hits him and rolls him over.

Finally, almost like a true Hollywood trilogy, the first video we saw of the old farang being cold-cocked (second act of and only person-on-person violence) is apparently the last movie in the whole, rather parochial series.

1 hour ago, bizboi said:

British/Australian idiot should realise only Thais can behave like he did and get away with it!! By the way why is it that when a Muslim lives in the UK for 15 years he’s BRITISH!!! But when a Brit lives in another country for 15 years - he’s still a Brit?

Because as Bruce Hornsby and The range sang....

I was appaled that the police officer did not arrest the guy for assault of the British man on the spot as would have happened in UK. 

The marks on the Thai guy are not consistent with any type of serious offensive attack. However having a weapon of that type in his car is consistent with someone who has had troubles before. Running the guy over or did he jump on the bonnet?

This is not a clear care as I dont see any clear footage of the alleged machete attack.

The jury is out.

8 hours ago, darksidedog said:

It is up to the court to decide if the attempted murder charge is appropriate, but I do hope that Sumeth is also going to be charged. The punch he threw was pretty dirty and I do not feel it fair that he can just walk away from that without some repercussions.

So, a 'dirty' punch v getting slashed (with whatever!) and being run down , just about same same, 'fairs fair', yeah? Err, probably not actually. I'm pretty sure we'd ALL feel aggrieved if we were charged with punching someone who'd just pulled that sort of crap on us!!! :wai:

8 hours ago, BEVUP said:

well,well,well This is one for the books

So now that everyone has dragged the Assies over the coals, they can now have a crack at the Poms' 

& this Pom is now in it up to his neck

I agree yesterday i heard this about the aussies How bad they were He was a bloody pom OMG eat humble pie you aussie bashers in here

7 hours ago, Bobobirdiebuddy said:

Everyone is ragging on about the farang here but that sucker punch by the Thai still was a cheap shot.  And right in front of a cop who didn't do squat.  And from the punch vid, the Thai didn't look frightened at all, just pissed off.

and bloody rightly so!

Try to listen to his side of story in that clip and compare with the Ozzie's <deleted>...?!

You can't use this sharp machete to just "hurt" somebody, you have it for kill as soon as you swing it - see the Thai bloke's window? Not a rage, there?

Ozzie hit him with his car full power on whilst the guys head turned away from the driver, couldn't see that coming

NanLaew, it is not a case of "thinking" that the car ran into the guy. It is a case that the video does not clearly show the action at the front of the car. In the court the judge cannot think, they must go on the evidence and that video does not show what actually happened in the front of the car. The video is taken from the wrong angle with the car obstructing the clear view of what has happened. You cannot clearly see if the car hit the Thai guy or if the Thai guy jumped on the car to avoid being hit or if the Thai guy jumped on the car to try and get to the Brit. Everything is only speculation as to what has happened. Also in the video the cars are already stopped and a 4WD has had to drive around then.What has happened before the video has started?

There is no definite evidence -including the clip- the the Brit intended to run over the Thai- It appears to me the Thai jumped out of his car- jumped on the Brits car- and the inertia made the Thai land on his feet.  If the Brit had actually struck the Thai- the Thai would have not been able to land on his feet and then effortlessly kick at the Brits car. This does not excuse the Brit for coming at the Thai with a machete and most likely threatening the Thai and damaging his vehicle.

Verdict-  Both parties guilty of  Assault-  Suspended sentences and compensation paid to each based upon the extent of damage; injuries and circumstances.

Archived