SURVEY: Brexit -- Good or Bad Idea?

Scott

SURVEY: Brexit -- a Good or Bad Idea?  

345 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There have been a lot of developments in the situation since the vote for the UK to leave the EU.   In your opinion, do you support the move to leave, or do you think it was a mistake?

Please feel free to leave a comment.  

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a mistake ! It was a positive decision and the tactics are historical from the EU monster when member states express a desire to disagree, with its bullying .Now it’s only some weak Europhile British MPs who want to prevent the decision made by the electorate! Comparisons of the EU to some Soviet Union reincarnation are appropriate!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I am not British, so my opinion doesn't really matter, but...

I think that the UK made a terrible decision in leaving the EU. It was a leading member of a very large community that enshrined many of the cultural aspects and values that the UK helped create and holds dear to this day; the right to free speech, the right of religious liberty, the right of free movement, the right of a free press, etc. 

The UK has made itself small. It has made itself small economically. It has made itself small militarily. It has made itself small on the world stage. It has made itself small culturally. I could go on, but the point is made.

Forgive me, but as an outside observer, I see a small majority of the people who voted to look backwards to a "better time", but that time does not and did not exist.

It was a lack of self-confidence in the future. 

It was an act of fear, and a mistake.

Sad days.

The UK voted to leave. The Govt ( both political parties ) and the media should stop their squabbling and work collectively to get the UK the best deal possible.

All the media bias and conniving politicians are only serving to strengthen the EU's negotiating hand.

I'm especially displeased by the suposedly educated elite ( Clegg, Greg Dyke, Afua Hersch amongst others ) who continue to look down their noses at the British public and state that, "we didn't understand what we voted for"

Well, yes we did. We understood exactly. We voted to leave. We didn't vote for all this posturing and lecturing. 

I am not British, so my opinion doesn't really matter, but...

I think that the UK made a terrible decision in leaving the EU. It was a leading member of a very large community that enshrined many of the cultural aspects and values that the UK helped create and holds dear to this day; the right to free speech, the right of religious liberty, the right of free movement, the right of a free press, etc. 

The UK has made itself small. It has made itself small economically. It has made itself small militarily. It has made itself small on the world stage. It has made itself small culturally. I could go on, but the point is made.

Forgive me, but as an outside observer, I see a small majority of the people who voted to look backwards to a "better time", but that time does not and did not exist.

It was a lack of self-confidence in the future. 

It was an act of fear, and a mistake.

Sad days.

What nonsense ! “Small militarily”? Where you get that from! Your EU fantasy of an EU army? The EU Is failing and will break up

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

When I was 15, I went to an all-boys boarding school in Herts, north of London.  I sensed an unvoiced sadness among some of the elder teachers - a sort of empty space within their chests - lamenting the loss of empire.  Since the 1960's a whole lot of brown-skinned foreigners have taken up residence there.  The English are experiencing changes they're not happy with.  To choose Brexit seems like a knee jerk reaction.  

One things for sure, if it were a poor country member wishing to leave they would be given a helping hand by the rest...sarcastic-applause-smiley-emoticon.gif.77b6f6ece296dc672b05a5379ec2decc.gif

At least Brexit has shown the UK how friendly the rest are towards them. Plus Germany will not end up controlling the UK...:smile:

*Deleted post edited out*

Samui Bodoh's opinion does matter. Brexit matters for all of us euro's that hate the EU. We want to see a succesful brexit that will inspire other countries to exit too.

The problem is , the Brits didn't expect a brexit and made no plans ahead of the vote. Now they are just treading water for 1,5 years.

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

Always been madness. Better to stay and force change from within.

You are joking ,the E.U elite have never taken any notice of us ,in fact if we want to change something ,they choose the opposite . Also the only British Leader who had any "balls" and stood up to them was Thatcher .and she was a woman .

I supported "remain" (couldn't vote, too long out of the UK) mainly in the "better the devil you know" camp.

The referendum was poorly organised, incompetently even. In reality it was too close to call but the winning line of effectively "50% plus 1 vote" was just plain wrong.

It would have been far better to set a winning post of, say, 60% of votes cast, at least then it would have been a decent majority either way.

But, we are where we are, hopefully it will all turn out OK.

I used to think that Brexit is bad idea for the EU. The more I have learned about British politics and politicians (which was not and interesting topic earlier), the more I'm convinced that Brexit is going to be a good thing for EU. We no longer have to deal with a grumpy child. 

For UK Brexit is going to be a disaster after EU takes Britain controlled banks back to EU. 

24 minutes ago, oilinki said:

I used to think that Brexit is bad idea for the EU. The more I have learned about British politics and politicians (which was not and interesting topic earlier), the more I'm convinced that Brexit is going to be a good thing for EU. We no longer have to deal with a grumpy child. 

For UK Brexit is going to be a disaster after EU takes Britain controlled banks back to EU. 

dito

I think with them the needed reforms for the European Union would not be possible.

I wish them the best to reanimate old times. 

Brexit Vote was it for the Sake of being Anti EU, Appears to me Brexit was about Power & Glory,

Boris Johnston for one  of the Glory Boys seen an opportunity to move up the ladder to get more icing on his cake 

and was hoping to become U.K next PM & if all goes well he could well be the next PM due to he is Loud & Full of Hot Air,

41 minutes ago, oilinki said:

Not to worry, Turkey will be along to take our place, that is if there is anyone left not in prison....sarcastic-applause-smiley-emoticon.gif.5545137fd1ccaa268c68f83c3be99bb5.gif

2 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Anything is better than being ruled by the Germans and their Muslim shock troops.

If the UK needs to be part of another country, I vote to join America.

LOL..... what a nonsense.... seems you don't know your own country......  Explore your capital and you will see that there is a mosque or islamic Center at every corner..... so if you consider them "enemies", they are enemies within.

But it does not matter anyway, EU will be a lot stronger and united without that cranky spoiled brat who always demanded special treatment

3 hours ago, Grouse said:

Always been madness. Better to stay and force change from within.

What with dimwits like Juncker, he was not voted in, so he cannot be voted out, do we have to wait untill he dies before we see any change. 

3 minutes ago, transam said:

Not to worry, Turkey will be along to take our place, that is if there is anyone left not in prison....

I thought bringing Turkey to EU was Britain's idea. I'm sure the thought have died since Brexit vote.

sarcastic-applause-smiley-emoticon.gif.5545137fd1ccaa268c68f83c3be99bb5.gif

A very articulate and reasoned comment. The UK could do with more citizens like you. The next UK generation will curse their forefathers for this racist and fear driven vote that will reduce there country to a backwater of the coast of one of the world’s major economic communities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

I supported "remain" (couldn't vote, too long out of the UK) mainly in the "better the devil you know" camp.

The referendum was poorly organised, incompetently even. In reality it was too close to call but the winning line of effectively "50% plus 1 vote" was just plain wrong.

It would have been far better to set a winning post of, say, 60% of votes cast, at least then it would have been a decent majority either way.

But, we are where we are, hopefully it will all turn out OK.

The trouble is Crossy, knowone ever voted to be IN the EU as it is today in the first place, so how on Earth people come to the conclusion we need a large majority to leave is beyond me. The fact is the EU is a big political agenda, driven by politicians for the benefit of politicians, it helps the common man hardly at all, even the distribution of funds collected by the EU are only then redistributed in such a way to garner more support for the EU! Basically its a self financing slippery slope into dictatorship. Very clever on the part of European politicians (who throughout history have a very poor record of using political power responsibly) They even got a lot of British career politicians to sign up to the Utopia for the "elite".

5 minutes ago, stewartthailand said:

A very articulate and reasoned comment. The UK could do with more citizens like you. The next UK generation will curse their forefathers for this racist and fear driven vote that will reduce there country to a backwater of the coast of one of the world’s major economic communities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sad-face.gif.87828f36dc60866c1a4c9bc33e1ecf0c.gif............Jimmy, I can tell you that my forefathers paid dear from the actions of the Germans that  actually affected my life too....But you have a crystal ball....

Should have this poll again in 2020, especially if there is no deal (unlikely though, because that would be truly disastrous for the UK. So later next year the UK will have to accept what the EU is willing to offer or see their economy completely go down the drain)

Archived