SURVEY: Brexit -- Good or Bad Idea?

Scott

SURVEY: Brexit -- a Good or Bad Idea?  

345 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Why are you asking that question? Are you aware that Europe passed through its greatest economic crisis since the Great Depression? This wouldn't be the case if Europe on the whole had an economic performance similar to Poland's.

Q. Why do you think? 

A. To show how amazingly well Poland has done compared to its EU member states!

Hint:key word is compared.

2 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

UK economy performing better than forecast (as usual!!!):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41939068

Really? this following is from the article you linked to. It's a good idea to read the whole thing before you make a judgement about it:

"In the three months to September 2017, the total UK trade deficit widened by £3bn to £9.5bn, mainly due to a increased imports, including of machinery, non-monetary gold and fuels.

The construction output data was much weaker than expected. ..

The ONS said the latest economic data did not suggest there would be any change to its initial estimate that the UK economy grew 0.4% in the third quarter of the year."

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-41939068

Here's the EU average gdp per capita

European Union GDP Per Capita Ppp

Once again here's Poland:

Poland GDP per capita PPP

'Here's Germany:

Germany GDP per capita PPP

Here's the UK

United Kingdom GDP per capita PPP

Here's Italy:

Italy GDP per capita PPP

France:

France GDP per capita PPP

As you can see, Poland kept growing in real terms even through the worst of the recession. It does help a lot to be able to control your own currency. Especially when most of your trade is with neighbors suffering from an unnaturally inflated one. Thank you Eurozone!

10 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

I just figured since you earlier claimed that Poland had done just a little bit better you were still doubtful despite the graph.

Of course I am. You haven't shown anything yet to change that.

44 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Here's the EU average gdp per capita

European Union GDP Per Capita Ppp

Once again here's Poland:

Poland GDP per capita PPP

'Here's Germany:

Germany GDP per capita PPP

Here's the UK

United Kingdom GDP per capita PPP

Here's Italy:

Italy GDP per capita PPP

France:

France GDP per capita PPP

As you can see, Poland kept growing in real terms even through the worst of the recession. It does help a lot to be able to control your own currency. Especially when most of your trade is with neighbors suffering from an unnaturally inflated one. Thank you Eurozone!

OK got it - well done.

Bear in mind:

- my original discussion (with someone else) was re nominal GDP, which is actually trending down now.

Poland GDP

- a lot of these other countries have a large pile of debt and some applied more austerity measures than others!

- this GDP per capita reference improves for Poland, partly as the population has actually decreased since 2000.

- and Polish production has been assisted by EU structural funds not equally available to others.

- this EU money in turn attracts further investment.

- but I agree about the importance of controlling your own currency; one of the main reasons to get out of the EU!

Polish (everything) GDP is already forecast to pull back in 2018.

How much longer will the EU let any member not adopt Euro?

15 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Of course I am. You haven't shown anything yet to change that.

I just read that Trump supporters were shown pictures of the crowds at Trump's inauguration and at Obama's. Despite the fact that it was massively clear the the crowds were greater at Obama's, a majority of Trump supporters said the opposite.

I have shown you a several graphs. They all show that per capita gdp declined sharply during the onset of the recession. Except for Poland's which kept on rising. Poland's per capita GDP today is over 25 percent higher than it was in 2008, the eve of the recession. No other country comes close to this. The EU average is about 3 percent higher. Germany, which did the best after poland among major nation is about 10 percent higher. What don't you understand about this?

1 minute ago, ilostmypassword said:

I just read that Trump supporters were shown pictures of the crowds at Trump's inauguration and at Obama's. Despite the fact that it was massively clear the the crowds were greater at Obama's, a majority of Trump supporters said the opposite.

I have shown you a several graphs. They all show that per capita gdp declined sharply during the onset of the recession. Except for Poland's which kept on rising. Poland's per capita GDP today is over 25 percent higher than it was in 2008, the eve of the recession. No other country comes close to this. The EU average is about 3 percent higher. Germany, which did the best after poland among major nation is about 10 percent higher. What don't you understand about this?

Yes yes.... look up to Post No. 1061.

46 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Really? this following is from the article you linked to. It's a good idea to read the whole thing before you make a judgement about it:

"In the three months to September 2017, the total UK trade deficit widened by £3bn to £9.5bn, mainly due to a increased imports, including of machinery, non-monetary gold and fuels.

The construction output data was much weaker than expected. ..

The ONS said the latest economic data did not suggest there would be any change to its initial estimate that the UK economy grew 0.4% in the third quarter of the year."

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-41939068

You picked the only negatives out of the article in your desperation to put negative spin on what is, overall, positive news, as anyone objectively interpreting the facts in the article can see.

And Markit has assessed, from it's own data, that growth is nearer 0.5%.

18 hours ago, Khun Han said:

UK economy performing better than forecast (as usual!!!):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41939068

Please be a little more considerate. This sort of news doesn't help the people on this post with RHI (Remainer Health Issues)....48% as I recall.

Hope this helps.

Welcome to the Psychiatric Hotline.
If you are obsessive-compulsive, please press 1 repeatedly.
If you are co-dependent, please ask someone to press 2.
If you have multiple personalities, please press 3, 4, 5, and 6.
If you are paranoid-delusional, we know who you are and what you want. Just stay on the line so we can trace the call.
If you are schizophrenic, listen carefully and a little voice will tell you which number to press.
If you are depressed, it doesn't matter which number you press. No one will answer.
If you are delusional and occasionally hallucinate, please be aware that the thing you are holding on the side of your head is alive and about to bite off your ear.          

Archived