BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rooster59

New unedited footage shows British pensioner taking machete swipe at Thai man

New unedited footage shows British pensioner taking machete swipe at Thai man

before.jpg.773200bf86ceefd78236f27bb2670c2b.jpg

Thaivisa has obtained unedited footage of the road rage incidents that led up to the now infamous punch that floored British pensioner George Collins in a Pattaya school parking lot.

While claims have been made by a Pattaya source who knows the pensioner that he has a quick temper.

The latest footage gives a clearer picture of what happened as George Collins, 77, in his Nissan and Sumeth Rungratanaphan, 28, in a white Honda Brio confronted each other.

The dash cam footage firstly shows the British man trying to pass but the Thai man driving slowly then stopping in the middle of the road causing the Nissan to brake quite hard as another vehicle turns off.

But then the pensioner rushes to the back of his car to retrieve a machete.

The British man takes several swipes at the Brio and at one point can clearly be seen aiming a machete swipe at the head of the Thai man.

The Thai man gets in and out of his car several times.

Finally after the British man gets back in his car the Thai man can be seen turning back to his own vehicle when he is run down and somersaulted into the air before taking a kick at the Nissan.

After this a chase ensued that ended at Aksorn Suksa school where Mr Collins was picking up his nine year old daughter.

Here in other footage Sumeth alleged in front of a policeman that the pensioner had earlier tried to kill him.

Moments after in full view of a gathering crowd he knocked Mr Collins to the ground with a left handed punch to the face.

Thaivisa understands that the Thai man has been charged with assault while the British man is facing an attempted murder charge.

Mr Collins who originally told the Thai press he was an Australian then told Thaivisa he is actually British, from Walsall in the midlands of England.

One source told Thaivisa that Mr Collins has "a fiery temper and can flip at the slightest thing".

On seeing the original edited footage the source, who asked not to be named, said: "I am not surprised that it is him.

"It is no shock that he is running around with a machete".

In the opinion of the source he said that it was likely he would use the machete to intimidate.

Mr Collins had earlier claimed that he used a "gardening tool" to defend himself. Our source comfirmed that the pensioner likes gardening.

Mr Collins' 41 year old wife Pattama said he was not available for comment on Friday. She said that she would ask him to call back but Thaivisa is yet to recieve contact.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-10-15

Well after seeing this video footage, the Thai clearly started it by blocking the farang from passing him.

Then the stupid old bugger was 100% in the wrong for threatening the Thai with the machete.

Then striking him with his car, silly old sod deserves to be jailed, and his license revoked.

I think I can sum that up by saying that is a pair of total A Holes in action. Neither of them should be allowed on the road and the farang definitely deserves some jail time for that incredibly stupid performance.

2 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

I think I can sum that up by saying that is a pair of total A Holes in action. Neither of therm should be allowed on the road and the farang definitely deserves some jail time for that incredibly stupid performance.

Totally agree on that, two total muppets, but The Brit took muppetry to a whole new level.

Crocodile Dundee returns, can see the next remake.

How could he survive to the 77th year with an attitude like this in Pattaya?

One can get killed for honking the horn aggressively.

Two lunatics met on the road.

Just now, KhunBENQ said:

How could he survive to the 77th year with an attitude like this in Pattaya?

One can get killed for honking the horn aggressively.

Two lunatics met on the road.

Same as what I was thinking, lucky the guy was not carrying a gun as we might be commenting on a dead farang.

7 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

with an attitude like this in Pattaya

Should read "with an attitude like this in Thailand".

Not specific to Pattaya, just more likely due to the crowding. 

The Thai driver was obviously in a hurry,before the debacle,he was

overtaking while a vehicle was coming in another direction,and nearly

had accident,then tries to overtake a pickup truck,but cannot and pulls

back in nearly hitting the old guys truck, both at fault for pissing about,

then the old fool gets out a "Garden tool", AKA as a machete, and that

will be his downfall,one way or another this is going to cost him dear.

regards Worgeordie

It's a shame that the dashcam footage has been edited. Within the first minute we see the white car recklessly overtaking, causing oncoming traffic to stop to prevent an accident. We see the white car's driver gesturing out of the window. We see the white car purposefully causing contact with the farang's car. We see the white car stopped and waiting for the farang car before setting off again to stop or damage the farang car again. We possibly might have seen the farang overtake the white car causing the classic loss of face for the white car driver.

We also see a stupid farang get caught up in what looks like a run of the mill daily event on Thailand's roads. It would be interesting to know if the farang has always been as quick tempered. At 77 years old he may well be displaying signs of early-onset dementia or even developed dementia, and a common personality change is that of developing a short temper...

I guess I'm no good at this video analysis lark. I can only see him taking swipes at the car.

Add dangerous driving to the Thai guy's charge sheet, and probably the old nutter's too.

Clearly attempted murder by conscious running over AND with machete. Total nut job farang 5 years and deport.