New unedited footage shows British pensioner taking machete swipe at Thai man

rooster59

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

Well after seeing this video footage, the Thai clearly started it by blocking the farang from passing him.

Then the stupid old bugger was 100% in the wrong for threatening the Thai with the machete.

Then striking him with his car, silly old sod deserves to be jailed, and his license revoked.

The blocking happens at 1:44 after the cars collide at 1:37 in the video, but at 1:35 a piece of the video is missing, the part that shows what lead to the collision.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cant' really see the editing, but I see it this way

Actually there is a bit of a glitch & then you see the Thai driver nudging the Brit

1st - The Thai guy tries to cut him out on the out side when turning into Soi

2nd - The Thai driver goes to the trouble of overtaking pickup (carrier ) putting on coming traffic at risk

3rd - Then you see the Thai driver pull over & then cut back in between the pickup (which he just over took ) & the Brit

4 th - The Thai was giving the finger

5th - The Thai was in the middle of making another death defying manouver & had to get out of the way of on coming traffic & there was no where to go & no doubt expected the Brit (or driver ) to stop or move which would of caused him to have an accident

The rest we know

1 hour ago, robblok said:

There are still some people saying the farang is not so bad and its his advanced age that caused it all.

If a tool like that runs me over and threatened / uses a machete on me like that there is a good chance I would have punched him too. No matter his age.. if your stupid enough to run someone over and use a machete to threaten and even take some swipes at someone. Then you should not be surprised if the person gets angry and takes it out on you. 

He is lucky he only got punched.. just imagine the posts here if it was a Thai doing this to a farang.. but now farangs come out of the woodwork to protect this guy. Just accept he is scum and his age.. pff act your age if you want respect. If you act like a fool expect to be treated like one. 

You've gotta remember who you're talking to here, Rob.

Those disingenuously focusing on the "honour" behind the punch and the slim chance that the moron could've been killed by it do so for two reasons.

Firstly, they desperately need to maintain the delusion that they, as old, white men in Thailand, are the epitome of good behaviour, respect for the law (outwardly, at least) and sage life experience.

Secondly, they have an intrinsic disdain, dislike and disrespect for the Thai people as a whole.

As you correctly pointed out, if the story had been about a Thai man swinging his machete at a white man's head, the issue of initial provocation would be the furthest thing from the minds of forum posters. On the contrary, it would be a forum bloodbath, everybody and the dog would be getting posting holidays for insults aimed at Thailand and it's people and those who avoided suspension would be demanding the imposition of a life sentence without trial.

This better quality video, however, removes all doubt and shows the a-hole pensioner up for what he is........a hot-headed, homicidal, lying douche who, IMHO absolutely must be jailed before being tossed into a cargo hold and shipped off to Britain the very instant he's served his time.

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

The blocking happens at 1:44 after the cars collide at 1:37 in the video, but at 1:35 a piece of the video is missing, the part that shows what lead to the collision.

No matter what happened, there is no excuse what so ever for the farang to take a machete to him, or drive at him with his car.

1 minute ago, colinneil said:

No matter w3hat happened, there is no excuse what so ever for the farang to take a machete to him, or drive at him with his car.

Agree with you Collin

By doing what he did he took it to another level all together, where as if he just tied to get a cop or ring the wife to do something (speaking Thai ) it would of all been in his favor 

5 minutes ago, colinneil said:

No matter w3hat happened, there is no excuse what so ever for the farang to take a machete to him, or drive at him with his car.

Totally agree. And there is no excuse what so ever for the Thai to drive his car into the farang's car and later block the path of the farang...

1 minute ago, DurianBreath said:

Totally agree. And there is no excuse what so ever for the Thai to drive his car into the farang's car and later block the path of the farang...

Yeah because the two wrongdoings are so closely-matched in terms of severity, aren't they?

Just now, DurianBreath said:

Severity is not the issue. Was it ok for the Thai to drive into the farangs car on purpose?

He didn't drive into the farang's car on purpose - he was in front of it. He hit the brakes causing a collision, yes but that doesn't compare to the farang's deliberate attempt at decapitation with a machete and then deliberate attempt to run the Thai man over.

So, yes, I'm afraid severity is an issue.

1 hour ago, robblok said:

There are still some people saying the farang is not so bad and its his advanced age that caused it all.

If a tool like that runs me over and threatened / uses a machete on me like that there is a good chance I would have punched him too. No matter his age.. if your stupid enough to run someone over and use a machete to threaten and even take some swipes at someone. Then you should not be surprised if the person gets angry and takes it out on you. 

He is lucky he only got punched.. just imagine the posts here if it was a Thai doing this to a farang.. but now farangs come out of the woodwork to protect this guy. Just accept he is scum and his age.. pff act your age if you want respect. If you act like a fool expect to be treated like one. 

Your narrow concern is in advancing the notion that violence is ok in some circumstances where there is provocation, and one can take the law into one's own hands if one thinks fit.  This was revenge pure and simple, carried out by a dangerous individual (albeit against a total nutter).

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

Well after seeing this video footage, the Thai clearly started it by blocking the farang from passing him.

Then the stupid old bugger was 100% in the wrong for threatening the Thai with the machete.

Then striking him with his car, silly old sod deserves to be jailed, and his license revoked.

Agree I certainly looks like the Thai started it. Why a break in the film at 1.35.

I don’t want to make excuses for the farang, but maybe, after living here many years, he was concerned/worried what the Thai might do, when he was forced to stop.

Having said that,it would have been wiser to have just stayed in his locked car, and hope the Thai would be satisfied with approaching his car,and just shouted his mouth off.

5 minutes ago, Thai Ron said:

He didn't drive into the farang's car on purpose - he was in front of it. He hit the brakes causing a collision, yes but that doesn't compare to the farang's deliberate attempt at decapitation with a machete and then deliberate attempt to run the Thai man over.

So, yes, I'm afraid severity is an issue.

Fair play, the severity of the farang's reaction is an issue. But you can clearly see the white car collide into the driver's SIDE of the farang's car, and from where I'm sitting it doesn't look like the farang caused the collision...

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:
One source told Thaivisa that Mr Collins has "a fiery temper and can flip at the slightest thing".

On seeing the original edited footage the source, who asked not to be named, said: "I am not surprised that it is him.

His reputation precedes him.

This all goes back to the ineffectiveness of the BIB in this country. These issues on the road are a direct result of Thai drivers having no fear of repercussions from the law. Behaving like this on the road is unacceptable. He was clearly baiting the old guy from the beginning. I am not justifying the actions of the Brit but who knows what kind of shit this old codger deals with everyday on the roads in Pattaya. This was probably not his first encounter with a me me Thai driver and he may have felt threatened. 

In a blind rage we all do things that we later regret. He may have felt threatened and then with his kid in the car, even more so.  I am not justifying his behavior but we have all been there. Yes, the best thing was to stay in the car but when you know no matter what you do, you won't get any kind of justice then this is why people decide to implement their own style of justice. The Thai guy poked the bear once too often and the bear bit back.

The BIB are to blame in all matters that are wrong on Thai roads and beyond. I despise them and their ineffectiveness.

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

. .this is only half of what actually happened, and you missed the crucial start of the road rage.  

You all should check out the earlier scene when the bumping happens! If you take your time in watching it, you must admit that the Brit was bumping into the Thai, and not vice versa. The Brit even intentionally swerved to the right and hit the Thai's car!  He just stubbornly tried to block the Thai from overtaking him. You can clearly see that the Brit is driving over across the median painted on the street, before bumping into the Thai.  If you, like the Brit, claim to have lived in Thailand for 15 years, you should be used to the occasional Thai blandly overtaking you, keep in mind, don't argue and most of all, don't bump your car into his and later attack him with a machete and then try to drive over him.  The fact that the Thai slowed down and tried to stop the Brit in his tracks, was due to him wanting to argue about the damage the Brit did to his car, and it doesn’t make the Thai guilty.  Please stick to the facts and look again how the Brit defiantly swerved to the right across the median to deliberately push away the already overtaking Thai in his Honda Brio, because this is what started it all.  The road rule is – don’t allow yourself to be tempted into a hot headed action, just let the s…e overtake you, and keep your temper.

3 hours ago, DurianBreath said:

ithin the first minute we see the white car recklessly overtaking, causing oncoming traffic to stop to prevent an accident. We see the white car's driver gesturing out of the window. We see the white car purposefully causing contact with the farang's car.

To me this smells like there was even more to the story before the video starts.

One or the other "felt his honor violated"?

watch 1.29 to 1:36 . . .the Brit swerves to the right trying to block the Thai from overtaking

this is what started it. Not the scene when the Thai refuses to let the Brit pass and overtake him.  It starts when the Brit intentionally bumps into the side of the Thai's Honda Brio 

. .and YES, the Thai recklessly overtook the Brit's car.  Old Man should have let it happen, instead of pressing on the pedal and swerving to the right and bumping into the Thai's car.

We who drive on Thai roads are used to these kind of Thai's who always want to be in front of you, not behind you. Just let the buggers pass.  It does not make them any faster. And you should keep your temper.  Sure the Thai drove recklessly, but the Brit was wrong in intentionally bumping into the Thais car!

At the start of video you can see that there was only one lane to turn right but then came along the Thai passing the vehicles in this lane to turn right & thought he could just squeeze in (turning right as well ) forcing the brit to baulk 

5 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

To me this smells like there was even more to the story before the video starts.

One or the other "felt his honor violated"?

Yup, I think one or the other "felt his honour violated". Right at the start of the video though, we see the white car trying to undertake traffic and barge into the line of traffic entering the soi to the right; almost as if he thought it would somehow turn into a dual carriageway...

7 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

At the start of video you can see that there was only one lane to turn right but then came along the Thai passing the vehicles in this lane to turn right & thought he could just squeeze in (turning right as well ) forcing the brit to baulk 

. . .then why at this moment, the Brit swerved to the right?  Across the painted middle of the street. Minute 1:29 - 1:35.  Shouldn't he had better slowed down and moved to the left?

It is called "defensive driving" and it is not rocket science

New unedited footage shows British pensioner taking machete swipe at Thai man.

Is this referring to the bit when the machete is held high in a threatening gesture, before there is a wide sweep and a continued assault on the car? If so I think the subject title is in need of editing.

6 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

there may have been some altercation before this point

Archived